Forum › Posts by AbyssOfDrax

AbyssOfDrax
joined Oct 3, 2014

That is half of the joke, the fact that is inappropriate for characters of LL to be in this kind of storyline (while acting out of character to a insane degree) and contrasting the idol media controversies with the absurd premise of this comic having a whole country having a raffle to fuck a high schooler.

I get the attempt at humor. It just fails.

And that is your opinion. Just saying this is more like a South Park episode than that Black Mirror episode with the pig, is not supposed to be taken seriously.

AbyssOfDrax
joined Oct 3, 2014

Personally I think this topic can both be addressed more directly or sensibly. This barely works as satire for LL. It is satire of something LL does not represent. The doujin goes off on unecessary tangents and conveys its message in the dumbest way possible. You can still tell the intention, but it's muddled. Even the humor is weak (I laughed at two jokes at least, so that is something).

Nothing against the author or their integrity of course, the topic is very important. Nobody should devolve into a disgusting Otaku who pushes their desires unto fandoms or real life people. Maybe they'll do it better next time.

That is half of the joke, the fact that is inappropriate for characters of LL to be in this kind of storyline (while acting out of character to a insane degree) and contrasting the idol media controversies with the absurd premise of this comic having a whole country having a raffle to fuck a high schooler.

AbyssOfDrax
joined Oct 3, 2014

If you read the author other comics, half of the joke is that the girls act out of character and in exagerated manner. (Hint: Eli swearing like a sailor, being double faced and bullying Umi).

AbyssOfDrax
joined Oct 3, 2014

Anyway, I was thrilled when I saw this translated. HonoNico is such a rare pairing that it feels non existent at times. It probably was.

Nah, there is still a lot of untranslated and not yet scanned HonoNico stuff. There is even a no futa yuri threesome doujinshi with Kotori. A lot of Nico pairings doujinshis are rare but they do exist, but not one bothers to scan it or translate it.

Hell, there is like two anthologies of UmiNico and other two of NicoEli in the wild

AbyssOfDrax
Image Comments 23 Jul 10:53
joined Oct 3, 2014
Czupklovaaaaatd

I wish there were more Nico pairings in this site beside NicoMaki. I love NicoMaki stuff but she has such potential in other pairings.

AbyssOfDrax
joined Oct 3, 2014

Also that her dad is a massive fucking douche in every nicomaki thing ever.

Yeah, that last line he said at her was pretty brutal.

And in the anime, Maki speaks of him fondly.. wonder what happened to SIDs.. I personally think of him as a supportive Papa even in her relationship...with a girl.

I really love this. Dun even care if it's Maki's birthday instead, Nico and Maki looks happy and that's what's important. Still, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICO-SAMA!
Thank you GiB for the translation! You guys are the best!

I don't think that talking of your parent fondly mean not being scared (to a degree) of him reacting in certain way. I imagine the idea is that her dad thinks that is truly better for her to focus in her studies and being a doctor while not realizing that is probably not what she actually needs emitionally speaking. Is not exactly uncummon this way of thinking in Japan, hell, is still prevalent in some parts of the west.

I like to consider SID and SIF stuff like the old Star Wars expanded universe in the sense: if it doesn't contradicts the main canon, is valid.

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 4:28PM

AbyssOfDrax
joined Oct 3, 2014

It's kinda sad that in every adult life makiniko doujin Maki gives up on her music dreams

It creates tension and mantains Maki as "lonely rich girl with a daddy complex", so it creates sweet moments when she allows herself to be honest with Nico. Still, I also found it annoying thought I'm glad Ooshima Tomo at least acknowledges that at least Maki should choose how to become a doctor and just not 'because I love my parents and so need to take charge of the hospital' as one of the other doujinshis did.

joined Oct 3, 2014

nah Happy End is still worse. that promised yuri and gave het while this promised tragedy and depression and gave tragedy and depression.

Feels that the last two pages of this chapter are not in line with 'tragedy or depression' and more like self parody.

Is a shame because there is a interesting premise but the edgelord writting killed it before it started,

joined Oct 3, 2014

This is very strange, but Nico's speech in the beginning made me think "maybe Nico x Honoka would be okay?"

NO, you goddamn crazy!

Nico will always be bottom, so Honoka X Nico is the right pairing.

By the way, those fingers at the end...

Nah, Honoka is totally bottom. Thats why her pairing with Tsubasa is so delicius.

Considering NicoXHonoka is one of my pet pairings (and EliXNico) I'm pleased by this doujinshi. Waited long time for it being translated. Thanks

AbyssOfDrax
Unrequited discussion 26 Feb 22:48
joined Oct 3, 2014

Huh. Never was a fan of the non-'canon' pairings in LL animeverse but I don't know much of the game or manga. I've seen a decent amount - not much but enough for pondering - of Nico x Nozomi scattered around, so is that a thing in those other universes?

Not that there's any inherent problem with shipping characters without any significant evidence.

I think Love Live is the only series where I don't have problem for crack/less probable pairings pairings, funny enough. The second season ending probably helped. I'm a NicoMaki shipper at heart but I actually don't mind seeing other Nico couples. I kind of really start like Nico X Eli or Nico x Honoka... so is weird to me as I usually like one couple when shipping in other franchises. Maybe this is the strengh of this characters as everyone in Muse is loveable in their own way.

I liked the story even if it was sad, maybe because is different to the usual NozomiEli or NicoMaki (or Nozomi being dominant to Nico).

AbyssOfDrax
Nico Enjyou discussion 15 Jan 02:24
joined Oct 3, 2014

The end result was nothing to nico-nii about, Nico. :|

Being fair, I think this is before the other doujins so:

1. Nico antics actually improved the group popularity (not in the way she imagined) and she always gets comeuppance while expressing remorse
  2. The girls don't seem to mind... dunno why... (maybe because they are huge perverts already in this doujin world?).
joined Oct 3, 2014

The reason why it feels a little disconected is that EERR style of storytelling and she/he usually draw the girls the way that they look 'unhappy' even when they are happy. Probably EERR and Ooshima Tomo are awere of this so the next chapter (the Tomo one) starts with a summary. Still, I like his/her style, and give us enough information to know the basics. As I understand, the plot is:

1.Nico overworks and ends in the hospital were she is reunited with Maki after years of lack of contact.
2. Maki tries to act distant at first, but she is pretty much still in love with her. Nico also tries to distance herself as eluding the memory of the promise of reuniting when se becomes a Super Idol.
3.They fight. But is not until she is out of the hospital that Nico realises that Maki waited for her all this years.
4. Nico becomes resolved and decides to enter a contest show for washed up celebrities. She is in a decent position, but not close of what she promised to Maki (a house bigger than hers) so the contest will have little effect if she wins and losing will mean that she would end as a laughing stock.
5. Maki glimpses the show while eating with her fiance and her family. Her marriage is pretty much an idea of her family that she goes along even when she hates it. Seeing Nico in the show makes her realise that this life is not what she wanted (and I hope that what she ended saying with the "I am..." is GAY)
6. Maki runs outside crying, realising that she went against her family wishes and with not place to go. Until she founds the candy box that she give to Nico in the hospital, now with a direction to Nico apartment.
7. They get reunited. If I need to bet knowing what they do in the next chapter, I would guess that the "faded dream" is not talking about the current moment but how they forgot about her dreams and wasted years of their lives as they were doing what "they are supposed to do" to get close to that dream. Both were living in comfortable lives but unhappy with themselves until they remembered that promise with the crystal candy

Sorry for the bad english :p