Forum › A Dead End, After All discussion

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Well, I'm sure it feels unsatisfying since there was no comeuppance for her mean antics.

I think what bugs me is neither of the main characters has an arc. The abusive girl remains an abusive girl, although she learns that she mainly likes abusing one specific girl. The abused girl continues to be the abused girl, although she gets some temporary consolation. Pretty much everyone checks out the same as they checked in.

Definitely. There was no real development. But it was still a cool kind of twist on traditional yuri tropes.

last edited at Jun 4, 2016 10:15PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

That's one horrible abusive relationship.

joined Nov 30, 2015

Loved it, It's so nice to have something besides fluffy happiness.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

What the fuck did I just read ?
Seriously, what's the point in making stories like this ? If it at least ended well but ... all we have is a sadistic bastard with no emotion who likes to hurt her childhood friend. It's not even a Yuri, this oneshot doesnt deserve this tag ...

lol calm down.. I Like It, It was different...

Well I'm calm, I guess I wrote this on the spur of the moment. Everyone is free to like whatever they want ^^
That said, I still don't see where the Yuri is in this one. There is nothing but an unhealthy relationship, not the tiniest bit of love, or any romantinc feelings between these two.

last edited at Jun 4, 2016 10:35PM

New%20canvas
joined Apr 7, 2016

This sadistic little bitch .-.

joined Oct 12, 2013

I got the impression from the last page that Natsuko knows (thinks?) her friend isn't in love with her so all she can do is keep being cruel to her to keep seeing her cute desperate face.

Whether she's right or not, I dunno. Unreliable narrator, anyone? I thought it was pretty sad, personally.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Lmao the titles
They're basically like:
1. Happy End
2. Sike

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

BTW, no more chapters in this anthology are about this couple as far as I know. although i may be wrong

So this is probably the end.

joined Apr 19, 2016

^but it really feels like it still has more continuation of the story. I'll just keep hoping that there will be some of it.

and yes, this is really good and enjoyable. so much better than a world without freedom.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I got the impression from the last page that Natsuko knows (thinks?) her friend isn't in love with her so all she can do is keep being cruel to her to keep seeing her cute desperate face.

Actually, it sounds like a brutally honest assessment to me. (Unusually insightful, given the age.)

"I don't need any friends. As long as you're with me, I don't need anyone else," is not what I'd call a healthy attitude. Micchan is someone who consistently excels academically, but needs Natsuko's affirmation to see her own self-worth. That borders more on dependency than love. I give Natsuko points for recognizing that a codependent relationship may not be a direction she wants to go; of course, given the deficit of points from her cruelty, that still leaves her in the red in my book.

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Some people's hearts can be twisted that way.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Im not liking the star of this story = manipulation

Even if she was teasing instead of going "fufu" at it she could've said "cute" and walked away...no doubt getting even better reactions...and also revealing that the other girl doesnt mind it, (cause she likes her)ya know??
Smh, I dunno I liked the read but as a whole its like a tell-all on peeps you dont wanna hang with, and things you ought not do

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Goddammit Canno

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Natsuko reminds me of Fujiwara Misono.

The childhood friends have reversed their roles in their relationship. But Natsuko is right, this relationship won't go anywhere.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I love this a lot oh no

Thousand Scars
Hair_stars
joined Apr 14, 2016

Well this was unpleasant. And kind of meaningless.

joined Aug 11, 2014

When Natsuko said "this isn't love, not even really affection" it seems like it applies to herself most of all. Wanting to hurt someone and make them feel miserable just because you find it fun certainly is not love, even if you are fixated on them and protective of them when other people say things. Trying to push that "you don't even like me, really" thing off on the other girl just comes off as an attempt to make excuses for herself. "I'm not really doing anything bad, she doesn't even like me anyway, she's just doing emotions wrong. See? She says I'm really important to her, that obviously means I'm not important to her at all. Not my fault she's so easy to hurt."

The second chapter felt pretty superfluous, anyway. As others have already said, nothing changes or progresses, and there's no extra insight or context gained by switching perspectives. It's just more of the same. I guess it's okay if you like watching girls being mean for no reason, but it's not much of a story.

Rsz_14qxlprthgc
joined Feb 3, 2016

Hmm maybe I should have skipped this one..

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Wtf is this? What? After the first chapter I was like wow ok Natsuko is a bitch, lets hope stuff gets redeemed second chapter, but what is this.

Poor Micchan

%e3%83%81%e3%83%83%e3%83%86%e3%82%a3
joined May 10, 2015

Pointless.

joined Jun 12, 2015

A dead end after all. She just want to be the one hurting her. Nothing more. What a sadistic bitch. Even A World Without Freedom was better executed than this.

joined Aug 23, 2013

I... uh.

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Ah emotional abuse. Truly the mark of any good love story /s

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 5:50AM

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

I don't know why, but I found this entire thing hilarious. Ain't it just adorable? Somehow, I thought that it had a pretty good concept, despite being a little bit of a one sided relationship that is not really one sided or whatever. By the way, what happens to that third party girl who wanted to court Summer Child?

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

It kind of bugs me how the word "upsetting" is synonymous with terms like "bad writing" and "pointless" around here. I should probably just stop checking the comments for any story where the characters aren't farting out rainbows :p

To reply you must either login or sign up.