Forum › Posts by Nova

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Becasue I need to prepare for writing essays and papers.

The secret tech is to somehow finagle the book into being related to the topic of the paper, so reading it then becomes "research".

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Does the book end in a cliffhanger?

It does not, it's a complete story, but there are dangling plot threads.

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

it's gritty YA urban fantasy lesbian romance between Naomi, a republican senator's daughter, and Ryn, essentially an elder god in human form.

A warning right off the bat, It can be dark (TW: Discussions of rape and paedophilia, and some fairly brutal violence) but it walks a delicate line of not dipping into being gratuitous or bleak, with the enough levity to balance the darkness without being tonally inconsistent.

The story proper begins when, after bringing a village girl back to life, a weaken Ryn is captured by a gang of nuclear arms smuggles, and the later rescued by the US military. The military mistakes her for a feral child, and brings her back to the US. There's an ancient spell that makes her subject to human laws, so she can't just escape from the institution they place her in. Luckily for her, 18 months later, funding cuts force the institution closed, and Ryn is released into a group home. With her newly regained freedom, she goes back to her purpose in life; Hunting and consuming monsters both human and supernatural. On one of her night time hunts, she runs across Naomi and finds out that a cabal of spirits is targeting her for assassination. Naomi is rather pretty and her soul smells nice, so Ryn makes an unbreakable vow to protect her, and the story goes from there

I love Ryn so much. She's an anti hero that doesn't "tolerate the stink of torture, rape, and murder, the screams of the innocent weak, or the arrogance of the evil strong". She's powerful and old beyond human comprehension, but her time in isolation has left her in a state of arrested development putting her emotionally in line with the age she looks. Part of her want'd nothing to do with humans, but another part of her is lonely and just wants to be accepted, and she's worried that if she shows Naomi what she really is, she'll be rejected.

Naomi on the other hand, slowly falls in love with Ryn, but won't admit it to herself due to having a bad case of compulsory heterosexuality. She has her whole life planned out, and being gay wasn't on that plan.

It's honestly my favourite book, and as a librarian, that means something. It's free on kindle Unlimited if I've peeked your interest. Thanks for reading.

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Someone call me when Gin realizes she's a trans girl. Do we know anything about about the author, like if they are lgbt+ themself?

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Is there a homophobia tag? Because it should be applied to this.

Nova
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Internalized homophobia is a bastard! T-T

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

So today we learned that these two are often too gay to function, and that Kase-san has that thing for thighs has hinted at previously. She is Pearl level thirsty.

Nova
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

as good as this series is, i own a physical copy, and SPOILERS but it doesn't end well, and the author drops the entire point of chapter 7 in order to have chika give on hiro and have a husband. really disappointing, makes me think, "well, what the hell was the point of all that then?"

Fucking REALLY?! Why can't we just have nice gay things? T-T what utter garbage.

Nova
Kase-san discussion 12 Aug 20:49
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Going to tokyo without telling them? ooooh Yamada's parents are gonna kill her XD

Nova
Kase-san discussion 10 Aug 03:18
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Yay more kase-san. That depiction of their almost first time was surprisingly realistic and sweet. I really love this manga. We so rarely get to see past a relationship beginning.

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

I really hope this is a little faster that Girlfriends was, so that it doesn't take them 75 thousand years to confess to each other.

Nova
Club discussion 26 Jul 07:38
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Well the art was good, but the translation was really bad, and did they have to fight the whole time

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Ah emotional abuse. Truly the mark of any good love story /s

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 5:50AM

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

I don't think the author knows what a sports bra actually is...

Nova
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Part of me still hopes for a happy ending to this series, but I'm starting to think it won't shake out that way... T-T don't die Kurumi!

Nova
Lily Love discussion 21 Mar 03:48
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Well that went far easier than I expected...

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

I don't really like this, and I'm not sure why =( Maybe it's because I found the blood kissing gross or something. Both chapters just feel so empty and superfluous. The character s don't have much in the way of personality besides one basic trait and the fact they like to make out.

It's a shame, I usually like monster girl stories =(

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

I can identify with Akina at this point. I'm really tired of all this otaku jokes, but I want yuri to happen so I keep coming back to read the next chapter... It's kind of becoming a chore at this point.
I know that it's because Akina barely says any of her preferences due to being madly in love with Kaede, but the fact they keep pulling her around while doing nothing of the things she enjoys (or used to enjoy before Precure) is infuriating.

I know what you mean. By now Akina really should have realised her feelings, and changed her goal to confessing said feelings. I really hope this starts to get its act together soon.

Nova
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

I don't really get what happened, or whom was feeling what for who.

Nova
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Guys... The plaid on that skirt always faces the same way... Forth dimensional plaid.

Nova
Baby You discussion 27 Mar 05:02
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

I would say it's bittersweet, but there wasn't any sweetness. An my the non-moe art tag? It wasn't that rough.

Nova
Philosophia discussion 24 Dec 20:07
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Well this doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get anywhere.

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

so lovely ;___; hnnnnghh... it's a shame that the movie destroyed any hope u_u

Azusa protested a little too much to the idea. There's still hope. =D

Nova
Kurata Uso discussion 01 Dec 04:44
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

It makes me sad that this author doesn't seen to have more recent works. I like all their stories, and their art style, especially they way they do chibi.

Nova
Our Future discussion 30 Nov 07:09
My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Wow... Borderline Yandere up in here.