Forum › The Mistress Story discussion

joined Jan 2, 2016

It is not 50 Shades of Grey, people miss the obvious. She was never in a real relationship, never even kissed somebody. She wants the contract because it is the only way she knows to engage in a relationship.

It's the same plot as 50shades of grey tho but the different is grey was a millionaire man and gunj just an OL lol

joined Jan 2, 2016

It is not 50 Shades of Grey, people miss the obvious. She was never in a real relationship, never even kissed somebody. She wants the contract because it is the only way she knows to engage in a relationship.

...You know that was literally a thing in Fifty Shades, right? Grey was so fucked up and distant that he was never able to love anyone and his weird obsession with rules was because he couldn't trust other people, but he could trust a contract? It's very much the same thing, at this point.

And, really, as much as it makes sense from a character construction point of view, it doesn't make either of them especially sympathetic.

"I don't want to kiss someone I don't love. has sex with people for money I've never really fallen for anybody, I guess. decides to proposition waitress less than four seconds after seeing her Just haven't been with anyone long enough to care for them. cuts ties with woman who appreciates her personality and wants to see more of her It's not like I don't think about it, it's just never felt right, you know? implicitly threatens younger woman both physically and financially People only ever seem to look at me one way, like I'm supposed to be their boss 24/7, and it just gets tiring. orders random underling to get her coffee, fires another for collapsing from exhaustion Oh well. Que sera."

Ohhh somebody already explain the thing

joined Jan 2, 2016

I somehow seem to have missed the first three chapters of this but this is basically just the yuri version of 50 Shades of Grey? Gotta say...even if its a yuri version...anything resembling 50 Shades of Grey in any shape or form concerns me...Bright side is that it could not possibly be worse than 50 Shades even if it wanted to be.

Yeah, let us take a peek the bright side, i can't imagine if this comic will be worsen or not but...
BOOM thug life...

joined Jan 2, 2016

I knew I wasnt the only one who immediately thought its 50 shades yuri manga xD ahaha

I will see how things going works if it's really same as 50shades i don't know whether author gonna make it as worse as 50shades wahaha

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can't figure out why they put in the bit with the coffee and firing her employee other than to show that she's a shitty manager. This is a character we're supposed to maintain an interest in?

It's like 50 Shades of Grey, but starring the Pointy-Haired Boss from Dilbert.

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 4:29PM

joined Aug 11, 2014

And she keeps going on "let's talk about us", like there's already something going. In the waitress girl's shoes, I'd have replied "there is no us, here's your jacket, now leave me alone". That she's kinda letting herself roped into such a situation, even after the OL just spouts some nonsense about "girlfriend for hire" without any proper explanation and pulling up some contract, acting like she already agreed to it ? Facepalming again.

My god, yes. "I have some work for you after you've done my dry-cleaning for me" as if she's already an employee to mistreat? This woman doesn't read like someone who feels alienated and distrustful of people, she reads like the spoiled 4-year-old daughter of some rich family who doesn't understand that servants are people (or that not all people are servants) as well as being a bit fuzzy on the difference between imagination and reality. She's already sorted out the hired-girlfriend deal in her head, so it's a foregone conclusion that it's happening, and everyone else just needs to catch up and do what they're told already.

Y'know, people (including me) have been referencing Fifty Shades as a kind of disparaging comparison to this, but to be totally frank, Christian Grey was actually way better at this than Gunj, and it made way more sense why an inexperienced, emotionally vulnerable student would be attracted to him. You see, unlike Gunj, Grey spent a non-zero amount of time pretending he wasn't an asshole. He like, took whatserface out on dates, and bought her inappropriately expensive gifts, generally acted like he would be an sensitive, caring lover, and then brought up the bullshit contract as a mandatory prerequisite to a full relationship. It was actually pretty similar to the techniques real cults use to indocrinate new members, so watching it happen was sort of horrifyingly believable. In comparison, Gunj has... Yeah. No.

This still has a chance to be good, maybe? If chapter five is Petai saying "nah, fuck this, I've been recording this whole conversation, so unless you want me to show your boss my new favourite song, here's how this is gonna work" and then settling into the actual relationship where Petai is a way better and more ethical dom and Gunj discovers that she's actually happier as a sub, she was just horrified by the idea of someone else treating her the same way she's been treating other people, and the whole Fifty Shades of Go Fuck Yourself setup in the first few chapters was a deliberate play on bad SM stereotypes building up to their comprehensive subversion. Then it could be pretty great!

On a side note, does anyone else find it kind of boring when rich, domineering characters turn out to be sadists in bed, too? Like, oh wow, the powerful person who likes being in control and having everything done their way also likes being a powerful in-control person who has things done their way during sex. Shocker. Who could have guessed. How could anyone possibly have imagined that this one trait of their public persona was really a reflection of the exact same trait they have on the inside. Not that all rich or influential characters should be uniformly submissive, or anything, it's just that it feels kind of redundant to act like it's a new and interesting element of their character. It's not very interesting when you can look at a character for one scene and know that how they're acting in that moment is how they act and think and live at all times.

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 9:58PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I can't figure out why they put in the bit with the coffee and firing her employee other than to show that she's a shitty manager. This is a character we're supposed to maintain an interest in?

It's like 50 Shades of Grey, but starring the Pointy-Haired Boss from Dilbert.

Pffff!!! That's perfect, but the downside is I now can't unsee it. My Eyes!

last edited at Jan 4, 2016 12:19AM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

This comic is soo bad that its funny to read. So Im going to keep reading this comic so it can give me laughs. This might turn out as the best comedy comic.

TheYuriReviewer
Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

This feels like season 4 of the sopranos to me for some reason

Screen%20shot%202016-03-31%20at%2010.35.20%20pm
joined Dec 8, 2015

That sadist is probably going, "WOOWIE, lucky me, I've now found someone whose IQ is lower than a walnut to be my little bitch!"

joined Aug 10, 2015

And she keeps going on "let's talk about us", like there's already something going. In the waitress girl's shoes, I'd have replied "there is no us, here's your jacket, now leave me alone". That she's kinda letting herself roped into such a situation, even after the OL just spouts some nonsense about "girlfriend for hire" without any proper explanation and pulling up some contract, acting like she already agreed to it ? Facepalming again.

My god, yes. "I have some work for you after you've done my dry-cleaning for me" as if she's already an employee to mistreat? This woman doesn't read like someone who feels alienated and distrustful of people, she reads like the spoiled 4-year-old daughter of some rich family who doesn't understand that servants are people (or that not all people are servants) as well as being a bit fuzzy on the difference between imagination and reality. She's already sorted out the hired-girlfriend deal in her head, so it's a foregone conclusion that it's happening, and everyone else just needs to catch up and do what they're told already.

Y'know, people (including me) have been referencing Fifty Shades as a kind of disparaging comparison to this, but to be totally frank, Christian Grey was actually way better at this than Gunj, and it made way more sense why an inexperienced, emotionally vulnerable student would be attracted to him. You see, unlike Gunj, Grey spent a non-zero amount of time pretending he wasn't an asshole. He like, took whatserface out on dates, and bought her inappropriately expensive gifts, generally acted like he would be an sensitive, caring lover, and then brought up the bullshit contract as a mandatory prerequisite to a full relationship. It was actually pretty similar to the techniques real cults use to indocrinate new members, so watching it happen was sort of horrifyingly believable. In comparison, Gunj has... Yeah. No.

This still has a chance to be good, maybe? If chapter five is Petai saying "nah, fuck this, I've been recording this whole conversation, so unless you want me to show your boss my new favourite song, here's how this is gonna work" and then settling into the actual relationship where Petai is a way better and more ethical dom and Gunj discovers that she's actually happier as a sub, she was just horrified by the idea of someone else treating her the same way she's been treating other people, and the whole Fifty Shades of Go Fuck Yourself setup in the first few chapters was a deliberate play on bad SM stereotypes building up to their comprehensive subversion. Then it could be pretty great!

On a side note, does anyone else find it kind of boring when rich, domineering characters turn out to be sadists in bed, too? Like, oh wow, the powerful person who likes being in control and having everything done their way also likes being a powerful in-control person who has things done their way during sex. Shocker. Who could have guessed. How could anyone possibly have imagined that this one trait of their public persona was really a reflection of the exact same trait they have on the inside. Not that all rich or influential characters should be uniformly submissive, or anything, it's just that it feels kind of redundant to act like it's a new and interesting element of their character. It's not very interesting when you can look at a character for one scene and know that how they're acting in that moment is how they act and think and live at all times.

That was...that is..wow..eh, kind of intense.

joined Jun 12, 2015

A perfect deal.

Artworks-000165609848-75gqpp-t500x500
joined Aug 1, 2015

Seems the art got a little better in this chapter... At least that's a plus

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

well that escalated quickly.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

What lies ahead is that one of them will fall in love. Yet I am looking forward for more .

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Those rules make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

The whole thing don't make any sense whatsoever. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing... when it's on purpose. x)

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Honestly, I'm afraid that guy in chapter 18 will seduce the waitress but in the end luckily the mistress pulled her away from him. Still I don't understand her mind at all, and question her if she loves the waitress or not.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

i still dont get it, wtf does she want with a "contract girfriend" so bad, hell if she gone more subtle approach she could prob get the waitress for real

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

i still dont get it, wtf does she want with a "contract girfriend" so bad, hell if she gone more subtle approach she could prob get the waitress for real

From my understanding it's to get the clingy client from the first chapter to back off.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This whole thing is starting to grow on me a bit. Not because it's a good story, because lordy, it ain't. It's just that it's so clumsy that it falls over its own feet, but keeps doggedly stumbling along, running into walls and banging into furniture. It's charming, in a weird, self-destructive way.

I'm also forming a headcanon that the Mistress is covering up the fact that she really has no idea what she's doing with false confidence. She's terrible as a mistress, she's terrible at her job, her whole life manages to hold together by sheer luck more than anything else. But she's gonna Fake It 'Til She Makes It with the best of them!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Nezchan posted:

This whole thing is starting to grow on me a bit. Not because it's a good story, because lordy, it ain't. It's just that it's so clumsy that it falls over its own feet, but keeps doggedly stumbling along, running into walls and banging into furniture. It's charming, in a weird, self-destructive way.

I'm also forming a headcanon that the Mistress is covering up the fact that she really has no idea what she's doing with false confidence. She's terrible as a mistress, she's terrible at her job, her whole life manages to hold together by sheer luck more than anything else. But she's gonna Fake It 'Til She Makes It with the best of them!

I already dropped this series, but reading Nezchan's comment was hella funny.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

you paint a nice and fitting picture there, lol^^

This story is not horrible, it is just rather immature. Does anyone know how old the author is? Because it feels like a story I would have written when I was like 13 (without the smut parts ^_^ ). Still it is interesting to see if my predictions on the story come to life.^^

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Does anyone know how old the author is? Because it feels like a story I would have written when I was like 13 (without the smut parts ^_^ ).

Umm... She's more than 13 xD

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Still reading this one. It has a few areas with the potential of improvement but it also has a certain charm to it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.