Forum › The Mistress Story discussion

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Hmmmm, what medicine is she taking, for what?

Without really having any idea, I suspect it is that "Aphrodisiac" that continues to haunt her. Then again I have no idea how any aphrodisiac continues to haunt her so long after being taken, but it's the only thing I can see. Specially considering that the one who "poisoned" her with it still turns up so far after.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

I don't really get this one.. Yet, here i am reading it :P

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

The plot thickens. Really looking forward to see where this is going.

This story has a plot? OMG, a PLOT? Excuse me, but may i ask where is that plot exactly? Really now, where has the author hidden that plot? Must be under a pebble!

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

This story has a plot? OMG, a PLOT? Excuse me, but may i ask where is that plot exactly? Really now, where has the author hidden that plot? Must be under a pebble!

The plot is.. That there is no plot!

.......plot twist ?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Something I heard somewhere (maybe on TV?): In BDSM play, when cutting you should be careful to never draw blood. They may have said to never break the skin, but I'm don't remember for sure.

Edit: And, of course, a safe word is a must.

last edited at Mar 1, 2016 11:25PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Simple, all the stuff the Mistress is pulling is due whatever that yandere sub did to her in the past.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Weew, what's gonna happen now?...

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

So, according to that manga, BDSM is all about carving stuff in your sub ? How educational !

(hint : that was a joke.)

joined Aug 10, 2015

Weew, what's gonna happen now?...

Wait up'n see

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

.......plot twist ?

https://youtu.be/Vhc1hWXH5IM?t=3m47s

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

.......plot twist ?

https://youtu.be/Vhc1hWXH5IM?t=3m47s

Mind = blown

Crab
joined Oct 7, 2014

its so bad that I MUST keep reading

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

Something I heard somewhere (maybe on TV?): In BDSM play, when cutting you should be careful to never draw blood. They may have said to never break the skin, but I'm don't remember for sure.

Edit: And, of course, a safe word is a must.

Drawing blood is part of cutting. There's a difference between knifeplay (where knives are gently drug along the skin) and cutting/bloodplay (where actual shallow cuts are made). The importance of it is where cuts are made and how deep. It's critical to avoid deep cuts or anywhere you might hit an artery.

joined Oct 30, 2015

This had better not be a freakin love-triangle.. .. I will be waiting for the Yuri-Parts

joined Mar 15, 2015

That cliffhanger though...

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

This had better not be a freakin love-triangle.. .. I will be waiting for the Yuri-Parts

Now you're assuming there's love in that one.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the author went "Wait, you think this is about what real BDSM is like? Welp, better add some ridiculous shit to kill that idea off."

I mean this has to be deliberately wrong, doesn't it?

joined Aug 11, 2014

Yeah, this somehow became more tolerable when it introduced formal cutting/scarification classes and magical aphrodisiacs that can apparently cause long-term chemical addiction. Like, where was that flashback supposed to take place, exactly? They were speaking english, but like hell you could hold a seminar or lecture anywhere in the UK or America where you told students to use knives on each other right at their seats. Shit ain't sanitary, if nothing else. Is this actually a story about lesbian sliders from the BDSM dimension? Is that why Gunj is such a fucking weirdo?

Also, ahaha, no, Gunj isn't making a smooth, circular cut like that with a knife. That's a shape you draw with a pen. Maybe if she had, like, a really fine scalpel, she could make a series of small incisions to form that sort of gradual curve, but doing it in one smooth motion is flatly impossible with human wrists. And even then, with a knife that size, you can't even draw blood if you're doing it "gently". The blade is literally too big to be sharp enough.

So my point is that the knifeplay segment is exactly as realistic as the rest of the story, I guess.

last edited at Mar 3, 2016 9:34AM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Gale I love your analysis of this chapter. Now the waitress and crazy submissive lady are going to meet next chapter. Im predicting there would be a knife involved, lets brace ourselves.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Gale I love your analysis of this chapter. Now the waitress and crazy submissive lady are going to meet next chapter. Im predicting there would be a knife involved, lets brace ourselves.

Not nearly enough yuri knife fights, I say! Madoka bless this and Love & Death for doing good work.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What is with people obsession with realism? Like, in what moment the series even implied it would be a manual to BDSM?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What is with people obsession with realism? Like, in what moment the series even implied it would be a manual to BDSM?

You'll note that this was NOT at any time presented as a fantasy or SF story, thus placing it in some semblance of the real world, with the characters taking part in some semblance of real activities, albeit clearly hampered by the author's misunderstanding of how they actually work. So yes, it's implied to take place in the real world, magical aphrodisiac aside.

Not to mention, the author has chosen to take it upon herself to portray a practice which is much misunderstood and maligned thereby, so criticizing her when she gets it catastrophically wrong is absolutely fair game. No need for it to be "a manual to BDSM" to call it out on being as good at BDSM as "the ankle bone's connected to the neck bone" is an example of good anatomy.

joined Aug 11, 2014

So, there's a difference between a story being a step-by-step practical guide to safe and ethical bondage, and a story using BDSM themes effectively to be kinky and exciting. The latter type can skip a few steps that the former can't, in terms of safety measures, informed consent, aftercare etc, for the sake of maintaining the fantasy and general narrative convenience. It's a little risky, since you can really easily fall into the trap of writing what is basically a violently abusive relationship without realising it, because you skipped all the parts that make it healthy. And, y'know, abusive relationships in fiction - especially erotic BDSM fiction - can be a huge turnoff for people, unless they're specifically looking for it at that particular moment.

That's all totally beside the point, though, because this isn't either of those things. The biggest problems with realism in this story have nothing to do with the BDSM stuff, it's the part where any of these characters are supposed to be relatable or comprehensible as humans. And that's the biggest turn-off of them all. For that matter, when was the last time anything BDSM-related actually happened? The sex scene in chapter 1? Since then, there was some aggressively rapey behaviour and some cutting, but those scenes were BDSM adjacent, at best. So yeah, not really sure who you're talking to with "it's not a BDSM manual", there's barely been any BDSM for us to criticise, yet.

last edited at Mar 3, 2016 2:28PM

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

So I re-read chapter 6 again. All I got was the mistress gets horny whenever that other lady shows up. Right?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You'll note that this was NOT at any time presented as a fantasy or SF story, thus placing it in some semblance of the real world, with the characters taking part in some semblance of real activities, albeit clearly hampered by the author's misunderstanding of how they actually work. So yes, it's implied to take place in the real world, magical aphrodisiac aside.

So? Is a fictional story. For definition the audience have come to accept breaks from reality due artistic reasons. Or are you telling me you think CSI or Law and Order are accurate representations of the way the legal system works in the US?

Not to mention, the author has chosen to take it upon herself to portray a practice which is much misunderstood and maligned thereby, so criticizing her when she gets it catastrophically wrong is absolutely fair game. No need for it to be "a manual to BDSM" to call it out on being as good at BDSM as "the ankle bone's connected to the neck bone" is an example of good anatomy.

Thing is, the BDSM is not really the focus of the story as much as a device to mold the setting and the characters according to the authors' vision. And that is something the story hasn't been concealed from the audience since the start. So expecting something more is pointless.

To reply you must either login or sign up.