Forum › The Mistress Story discussion

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

I don't know why but this latest chapter look a bit same with 50shades of grey (if u ppls know this movie lol)

I made it through 30 mins of that movie and had to walk out, it made me feel gross and violated , ICK!

Img_20160104_162929
joined Apr 20, 2015

"Ehhhhh contract? " XD

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

It is not 50 Shades of Grey, people miss the obvious. She was never in a real relationship, never even kissed somebody. She wants the contract because it is the only way she knows to engage in a relationship.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

oh geez, writing and pacing is atrocious...
thought it would've gotten a bit better as it goes... but it did not..

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

4 chapters is hardly enough to pass judgement.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

At first I really disliked this series but now strangely I like it .... a lot.

joined Aug 11, 2014

It is not 50 Shades of Grey, people miss the obvious. She was never in a real relationship, never even kissed somebody. She wants the contract because it is the only way she knows to engage in a relationship.

...You know that was literally a thing in Fifty Shades, right? Grey was so fucked up and distant that he was never able to love anyone and his weird obsession with rules was because he couldn't trust other people, but he could trust a contract? It's very much the same thing, at this point.

And, really, as much as it makes sense from a character construction point of view, it doesn't make either of them especially sympathetic.

"I don't want to kiss someone I don't love. has sex with people for money I've never really fallen for anybody, I guess. decides to proposition waitress less than four seconds after seeing her Just haven't been with anyone long enough to care for them. cuts ties with woman who appreciates her personality and wants to see more of her It's not like I don't think about it, it's just never felt right, you know? implicitly threatens younger woman both physically and financially People only ever seem to look at me one way, like I'm supposed to be their boss 24/7, and it just gets tiring. orders random underling to get her coffee, fires another for collapsing from exhaustion Oh well. Que sera."

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Can be enough. I agree, this is really a disappointment. Every couple of pages at least I get brought up short by that "Nobody would ever talk like this" feeling. The characterization is pretty terrible--even though everything's driven home with a sledgehammer, it feels like a good bit of the time the blows aren't even in the intended direction.
I also don't like the way the woman who's an S sexually turns out to be a massive bitch in day-to-day life, because it's a negative and unrealistic portrayal of SM, because it gives that stupid 50-shades vibe only bargain basement, and because it makes the main character totally unsympathetic.

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 6:26PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

50 shades of the OL?

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Can be enough. I agree, this is really a disappointment. Every couple of pages at least I get brought up short by that "Nobody would ever talk like this" feeling. The characterization is pretty terrible--even though everything's driven home with a sledgehammer, it feels like a good bit of the time the blows aren't even in the intended direction.
I also don't like the way the woman who's an S sexually turns out to be a massive bitch in day-to-day life, because it's a negative and unrealistic portrayal of SM, because it gives that stupid 50-shades vibe only bargain basement, and because it makes the main character totally unsympathetic.

Agreed. It's right out of 50 shades of Grey, so far. Just not done very well. Plot and character development are underwhelming.
The art is so so. I keep hoping that it will suddenly find its way to a better story. But I have serious doubts.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Even during the "normal life",she's still the Queen.I like that.
And screw realism,this comic is starting to get better in its own pitiful way.

joined Jul 8, 2013

I somehow seem to have missed the first three chapters of this but this is basically just the yuri version of 50 Shades of Grey? Gotta say...even if its a yuri version...anything resembling 50 Shades of Grey in any shape or form concerns me...Bright side is that it could not possibly be worse than 50 Shades even if it wanted to be.

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 10:50PM

Azulaiconlarge
joined Jan 2, 2016

idk if this is rlly gonna show bdsm in a good light, considering the sexual assault prolly not tho. but tbh the only thing i've ever read that portrays bdsm well is sunstone (an american f/f comic)

joined Aug 15, 2015

I was always curious about how lame this would get but I think this Chapter 4 has dealt a finishing blow. I think I'll stop myself from reading anymore of this.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

... this is getting more or more... awkward to read
It feels too forceful and borderline rapey
Maybe it'll get better I dunno, when the characters are more fleshed out and settled into the story

joined Jan 1, 2016

The last chapter also reminded me of 50 shades of Gray also. It's a good read but I have to agree w/ Faust on this one.

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 12:51AM

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

The woman's attitude is just plainly terrible.. I'm gonna call her Ms. Grey, she doesn't even say "please" when ordering that coffee and lacks the elegancy Mr. Grey has, she doesn't deserve anything imo.

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

Yea, I'm having a hard time following the flow of logic or conversation or whatever story the author is telling. I'm so confused by the transition from one conversation to another. Also, the pictures aren't helping either. Doesn't flow. How does she get from point A to point C? From "you dont want me to do anything you dont like" to "Coffee" to "are you seeing anyone " to "lets be fake girlfriends"? I'm so confused??!!? By the way, the conversation about haven't yet kiss the girl, wtf is that about? Chapter 3 she kissed her 0.0? Does anyone get it? Care to explain please? Maybe I'm over thinking things but is the main character like super over paranoid/thinks she got game or something!??

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Depending on the feeling from the chapters, it can. That last chapter was even more confusing on some point, like when the waitress girl comes in and says "you don't have to let me do anything you don't like". That came out of nowhere and sounds like something the OL should have said instead. Thought at first it was a mistake from the speech bubble, but the OL react to that. And "funnily" on top of that : "What the hell do you think of me ?" seriously ? I dunno, I'd say that she's some creepy woman that almost forces herself on girls she just met ? After those last chapter, her outraged reaction made me facepalm...

And she keeps going on "let's talk about us", like there's already something going. In the waitress girl's shoes, I'd have replied "there is no us, here's your jacket, now leave me alone". That she's kinda letting herself roped into such a situation, even after the OL just spouts some nonsense about "girlfriend for hire" without any proper explanation and pulling up some contract, acting like she already agreed to it ? Facepalming again.

So yeah, 4 chapters in and it doesn't not getting better, but, in my opinion, worse. :/

joined Apr 1, 2013

Most sincere BDSM couple dont do contracts, thats mostly a stereotype. ANd only mostly since some believe that the stereotype is real.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Wow. This girl gives the word "airhead" a whole new meaning.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

I knew I wasnt the only one who immediately thought its 50 shades yuri manga xD ahaha

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This is getting silly, but in a fun kind of way XD

joined Jan 3, 2016

Mmm, so 50 shades of gay? Boring...

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

hmm a yuri 50 shades of grey , I'll see how this plays out

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 3:07PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.