Forum › Michiwarikusa Monogatari – Vampire After the Doomsday discussion

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

Damn this is sexy

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's a story about vampires. And from the fact they can go out in the sun without buning, it's obvious the author made his own version of vampires. So probably for them, swapping blood that way is enough because the author decided it would make for a better story, especially since it's a way to show some skinship between them. Not to mention the kisses.

Except the Dracula and Carmilla, as well as other classic vampires could go into the sun without burning just fine. The sun burning thing was mostly a movie invention, coming from Nosferatu mainly.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That may be so, but when you ask people about vampires weakness, they'll usually put the sun on top of the list. Well, unless they're twilight's fans, apparently.

Point is : if the author wants them to be able to feed of each other like that, well it's not like vampires are an actual real thing with science to explain it, so I'll just roll with it myself and enjoy the yuri.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

Except the Dracula and Carmilla, as well as other classic vampires could go into the sun without burning just fine. The sun burning thing was mostly a movie invention, coming from Nosferatu mainly.

Some continuities try to deal with that by making a distinction between types of vampires. Vampire lords or true vampires are the ones that can go into the sun while normal vampires can't. Though most of the time they never go into why there's actually a distinction nor how the ones that can go into the sun are even made since the lesser vampires tend to be made by the ones that can go into the sun. (Typically in those continuities the lesser ones can't turn people into vampires.)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

That may be so, but when you ask people about vampires weakness, they'll usually put the sun on top of the list. Well, unless they're twilight's fans, apparently.

Don't know what they use in Twilight but I thought the most well known were garlic, stake and silver bullets.

last edited at Jan 15, 2016 11:49AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Isn't silver bullet supposed to work on werewolves, not vampires ?

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Cross and holy water too, as for silver from what I know both vampires and werewolf are weak to it, they use bullets against werewolf cause it makes the kill easier.

joined Jan 8, 2016

A whip obviously.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

But ins't Castlevania whip magical or something like that? It's what I remember from that prequel for ps2.

Forgot to mention, the reason vampires didn't appear in mirrors was because in the past they used silver to make them.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Timey Wimey something something blood magic Vampire Killer, as in the whip, that's why this baby will shave of your lifeforce faster than a teen her armpits if your mommy didn't bone an gimp circus performer or Ryu from Street Fighter gone on an rampage to kill some hobo in an abandonded castle, drinking whine and looking for trouble.

Vampires are already fantasy, no sense in differentiating the this magic whip with this weird pope jizz that will making him smell nice

last edited at Jan 15, 2016 11:55PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

All I read was some whining because I questioned the whip, vampires are fantasy, so what? There's various myths about vampires, various types of vampires in myth and fiction each with their own characteristics, being fantasy is no excuse to not have differences and rules to how they work, you don't care about them? Fair enough that's your choice, but don't come with that "no sense" bullshit cause that's not an argument, if all fiction was the same shit without rules to define their worlds and characters then it would be boring, trying to differentiate thing makes all sense.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

When it comes down to it, all that matters is that the rules of how vampires work is internally consistent in the story in question. What other stories do means nothing, other than in the most general terms (drinks blood, basically). The whip in Castlevania works because that's how whips in Castlevania work, it doesn't matter what Dracula or Carmilla or Varney the Vampire is weak to.

By the same token, vampires in this story being able to walk in sunlight unharmed is part of the "rules" of how vampires in this story work. There's precedent in vampire legends and stories, but what really matters is that this story doesn't suddenly turn around and say vampires are harmed by the sun.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Well in Castlevania case the whip used by main characters is special, made to destroy evil, in Castlevania: Lament of Innocence Leon Belmont uses the original version of the whip, Alchemy Whip, later in the game it becomes the Vampire Killer whip when his fiance Sara Trantoul who was turning into a vampire sacrifices herself to make the whip stronger, also know as Holy Whip or Magic Whip, that happend because his friend Mathias, who in the future becomes Dracula, becomes evil and wanted her too, in the end Leon swear that him and his clan will hunt the night and one day destroy him, which is why in all Castlevania where the main character uses a whip he's always a Belmont except for one game, there's also the Hunter Whip from the Baldwin clan but we see that only in one game and people even theorizes it's the same whip because of how characters call it in the next games, of course that's how things work in theory, cause other Castlevanias already showed us that any weapon, even normal non-magical, can kill Dracula and evil if you're strong enough.

last edited at Jan 15, 2016 3:39PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

On an equally relevant note, there's an electric whip in Warframe. It's moderately okay.

But yeah, it's a made up figure, every one can make up their own rules about them for their story as long as they are still recognizable. I've seen manga where vampires can live on saliva. Who even cares.

joined Aug 4, 2014

That's one of those mangas where I really want to see some NSFW stuff and even two lolis in the roster wouldn't scare me off. Imagine this blood sucking as a preludium to hot, passionate sex. Damn, that would be REALLY something.

Anyway, not much happens in this manga. It would be nice to have at least some attempts at making a plot. Like if they would find a human girl or something? I dunno, this slice of life would seem really bland if not the setting and vamps. Author should add something more to the cart, in my opinion.

last edited at Jan 15, 2016 7:43PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Talk about "erotic eating".

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Miharu posted:

Anyway, not much happens in this manga. It would be nice to have at least some attempts at making a plot. Like if they would find a human girl or something? I dunno, this slice of life would seem really bland if not the setting and vamps. Author should add something more to the cart, in my opinion.

Are you sure you're reading the same manga as me? Cause last time I checked three chapters, especially in a slice of life manga, really isn't all that many for trying to actually accomplish anything.

joined Aug 4, 2014

Miharu posted:

Are you sure you're reading the same manga as me? Cause last time I checked three chapters, especially in a slice of life manga, really isn't all that many for trying to actually accomplish anything.

Yeah, I am? Three chapters are more than enough to make a first impression and I am quite bored. It's not that hard to throw some hint or premise somewhere in a dialogue or background. Right now I am not totally hooked up.
On the sidenote throwing vampires into slice of life is kinda weird cause you know... vampires are extraordinary beings so you would expect them to do some extraordinary stuff eventually.
Did I mention I am impatient as hell? :D That's why I dropped Fluttering Feelings, cause nothing happens there over the course of almost twenty chapters.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Miharu posted:

Three chapters are more than enough to make a first impression and I am quite bored. It's not that hard to throw some hint or premise somewhere in a dialogue or background. Right now I am not totally hooked up.

Maybe this one isn't for you then?

Did I mention I am impatient as hell? :D

And that's your issue not the manga's. I'm always amazed at just how impatient people are. I've always considered myself to be an extremely impatient person yet compared to most people I've met or otherwise interacted with since becoming an adult I seem to have a ton of patience.

joined Aug 4, 2014

Miharu posted:

Three chapters are more than enough to make a first impression and I am quite bored. It's not that hard to throw some hint or premise somewhere in a dialogue or background. Right now I am not totally hooked up.

Maybe this one isn't for you then?

Maybe that's not your concern, huh?

Did I mention I am impatient as hell? :D

And that's your issue not the manga's. I'm always amazed at just how impatient people are. I've always considered myself to be an extremely impatient person yet compared to most people I've met or otherwise interacted with since becoming an adult I seem to have a ton of patience.

Well, you either have slower build up but with good premise or faster pace with action. This manga has none of it. Now it feels like characters talk just for the sake of talking and we get some blood sucking end as a compensation we made it to the end. No, okay, we got some piece of backstory in second chapter, but still...
So yeah, my word vs your word. Wanna talk about it on a parking lot or you just stop bugging me?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Miharu posted:

If it wasn't the concern of others you wouldn't be posting it publicly? The whole point of posting is to interact with others. If you don't want to interact with others, as you appear to be suggesting, then don't post.

Wanna talk about it on a parking lot or you just stop bugging me?

Lol what.

Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

If they can feed on vampire's blood, a single vampire should be able to survive just fine by drinking their own blood...

well, that's if we cast aside the cannibalism part...

joined Aug 4, 2014

Miharu posted:

If it wasn't the concern of others you wouldn't be posting it publicly? The whole point of posting is to interact with others. If you don't want to interact with others, as you appear to be suggesting, then don't post.

Maybe I don't want to be shrugged off with "it's not for you"? I consider myself yuri fan, so I am totally the target audience for this title, therefore it IS for me. And I have every right to criticize it. I did it, presented my arguments, done! What's your deal? Cause I totally don't need your advice on posting, patience, acceptable pace of yuri or what is for me and what is not.

Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

Mondlicht may be longer and very well paced but this is so much cuter

last edited at Jan 15, 2016 10:57PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wanna talk about it on a parking lot or you just stop bugging me?

Lol what.

I think we need a Neil DeGrasse Tyson gif about now...

To reply you must either login or sign up.