Forum › Michiwarikusa Monogatari – Vampire After the Doomsday discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

wont anyone translate the himegoto...

If you're going to talk about himegoto, do it in the himegoto thread.

Edited to add: This is not a Himegoto thread. Comments about it will be deleted.

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 11:34AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I like this because, duh, post-apocalyptic vampire lesbians, but it feels a little hollow. Slice-of-life is really great, but those usually have some sort of conflict typically with a co-worker or getting sick or something based in society. Being in a wasteland, there's no chance of something that simple. I feel this story would really benefit from a concise plot, like discovering the mystery of humanity's disappearance, or a cure to vampirism (even though we all want them to stay as vampires) but just some kind of conflict. Instead it just feels kinda messed up because it's like they're ignoring the fact that they're all alone. Maybe if we just had a chapter dedicated to showing what happened the day/week/month that the apocalypse happened, then I would like this a little more.

Actually, if you think about it, they made a point that the world became a better place with humanity gone. That's something, and it's interesting.
But I don't think slice of life needs a conflict. YKK is probably the best slice of life story ever, and almost nothing happens there.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But I don't think slice of life needs a conflict. YKK is probably the best slice of life story ever, and almost nothing happens there.

There are a number of small conflicts though. Battling the elements, trying to find a Misago who doesn't want to be found, worrying that the coffee shop gets so few visitors. And the larger, overarching conflicts like the fact that eventually Alpha will lose everyone dear to her except the other androids.

Conflict doesn't have to be big things, little day to day inconveniences or challenges (like the desire to take photos conflicting with the desire to conserve film) can be enough to drive a story.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

There are a number of small conflicts though. Battling the elements, trying to find a Misago who doesn't want to be found, worrying that the coffee shop gets so few visitors. And the larger, overarching conflicts like the fact that eventually Alpha will lose everyone dear to her except the other androids.

Conflict doesn't have to be big things, little day to day inconveniences or challenges (like the desire to take photos conflicting with the desire to conserve film) can be enough to drive a story.

That's the kind of thing this manga also has, though.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

It take 1 year+ ch 2 come out... but is ok i am just free reader so ia ok

I'm assuming you're trying to say that it's very slow with the translations. If you look at chapter 1, you'll notice that Payapapa translated it. Chapter 2 has CXC translating. Payapaya either dropped it or dropped off the face of the earth themselves, which is why nothing came out. Now a new group has picked it up. I'm guessing CXC will get the chapters out a bit faster. lol

10421609_736454176404511_930283773208011502_n
joined Jul 14, 2012

yay, it's a miracle it got updated, thank you yuri gods

also, vampire moms ftw

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I wonder if it's going to remain as relax as it is now, with the occasional mention of past darkness
Because I'm kinda worried that shit might hit the fan in a near future, given how they emphasize on the peacefulness of their current lifestyle.
I like the current pacing, I feel very much at ease

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

I don't really like this, and I'm not sure why =( Maybe it's because I found the blood kissing gross or something. Both chapters just feel so empty and superfluous. The character s don't have much in the way of personality besides one basic trait and the fact they like to make out.

It's a shame, I usually like monster girl stories =(

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Well I like how some of them are open about their love, but it did not turn into a polygamy orgy bs

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I guess the only thing I'm wondering about is how the vampires eat? Love the setting though.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I guess the only thing I'm wondering about is how the vampires eat? Love the setting though.

I wonder why they don't sparkle in the sunlight

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 1:15PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kitsune Spirit posted:

Simple. They feed on each other

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Kitsune Spirit posted:

Simple. They feed on each other

...my mind it trying to figure out how that would really work out and I'm sitting here imagining squealing gears and smoke. xD

That was pretty cute, hopefully more gets translated soon.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 1:47PM

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Ah, I've never read this before! That was delightful. Slice of life with vampires and post-apocalyptic conditions, this is pretty fantastic.

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

An amazing piece! I totally enjoy the wonderful designs, together with all the romantic hotness and cuteness. :D

TheYuriReviewer
Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

Must draw fanart soon!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

So.. they get the blood from.. each other?
Anyone of them is fine?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

hah, pretty amusing time.

also, theres others around it seems.
They mentioned trading with caravans, and that ppl like to work the fields even tho only blood is needed, etc.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Looks like we'll see more cute vampire girls with that caravan coming around.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

What a cute chapter. :3

So there are other vampires around spreaded in small communities, uh ? Interesting.

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Caravans and bartering.. Kind of a similar world to the Fallout 2 Universe.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

So.. they get the blood from.. each other?
Anyone of them is fine?

Does this count as swinging i wonder?

joined Jun 30, 2015

Well k that is one hell of a luxurious meal over there.

I want to become a lesbian vampire as well

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

that blood eating thing doesnt make much sense, since if they just eat blood from each other, one hour the "nutrients", or whatever they need to survive, will be exhausted, like how we cant survive just eating our own waste.
But well if they are able to eat normal food as well as the blood, healthy vampires could trade their blood, or make livestocks, in case blood has any advantage over normal food for these vampires.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

It's a story about vampires. And from the fact they can go out in the sun without buning, it's obvious the author made his own version of vampires. So probably for them, swapping blood that way is enough because the author decided it would make for a better story, especially since it's a way to show some skinship between them. Not to mention the kisses.

To reply you must either login or sign up.