Forum › Michiwarikusa Monogatari – Vampire After the Doomsday discussion

joined Jul 18, 2018

I had given up on this, so I went ahead and bought both tanks off of amazon.co.jp just to find out how the story progresses. Now somebody's picked it back up again. Oh well.

Hi there, I only read 2 chapters of this and I'm thinking of buying it. Is chapter 4 placed in volume 1 or 2?
EDIT: Now ch 5 updated, and I haven't continue reading

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 11:29PM

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Is the little maid a spy? Maybe that's why her blood doesn't taste as good, because she hides stuff? Misao seems to be influential (or at least well known) in vampire society.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Vampires feeding on each other and thus not needing blood from another source feels like cheating the system.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Vampires feeding on each other and thus not needing blood from another source feels like cheating the system.

Right? Suspension of disbelief goes so far, but breaking conservation of energy is pretty jarring. Two vampires are a perpetual motion machine.

It's only one step away from them just biting themselves whenever they're peckish and getting by that way.

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 2:59PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

They're just recycling the same blood over and over, which makes the whole vampirism thing seem pointless.
There's goats and chickens on the farm, but it seems the girls don't drink animal blood.

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 3:51PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Right? Suspension of disbelief goes so far, but breaking conservation of energy is pretty jarring. Two vampires are a perpetual motion machine.

It's only one step away from them just biting themselves whenever they're peckish and getting by that way.

I think it's just like that in this manga so we get intense yuri scenes every chapter

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

In manga, your typical post-apocalyptic world is modelled after the world of YKK: life is easy, water and food are plentiful, the cities had been overgrown with verdure and flowers, the minuscule number of survivors can scavenge anything they need from the abandoned shops, and the only wild beasts around aren't deathclaws and nightstalkers but cute fluffy cats. Everyone is nice to everyone and you can just laze around all day long enjoying yourself.

Ironic, considering Japan is the only country that was ever nuked ...

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

In manga, your typical post-apocalyptic world is modelled after the world of YKK: life is easy, water and food are plentiful, the cities had been overgrown with verdure and flowers, the minuscule number of survivors can scavenge anything they need from the abandoned shops, and the only wild beasts around aren't deathclaws and nightstalkers but cute fluffy cats. Everyone is nice to everyone and you can just laze around all day long enjoying yourself.

Ironic, considering Japan is the only country that was ever nuked ...

Cough Fistofthenorthstar cough

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 6:49PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Awesome, another re-animated manga update, yeeees

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Well, we're talking about vampires here. Who knows maybe they have some ridiculous photosynthesis abilities. They're clearly getting energy from something.

Or it's just a typically convenient manga way to make two characters rely on each other both literally and emotionally.

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 10:49PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

How do you even send a letter in a post-apocalyptic world?

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

They have regular trading caravans, so couriers are possible too. Moving paper mail isn't that hard when there are no bandits to try and intercept you.

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

The translation is so slow, oh well beggar can't be choosers.

joined Aug 17, 2018

I apologise for the translation being so slow. I’m working on 6 different projects at once.

To clear up some confusion, Chapters 1-6 are part of book 1 and chapters 7-12 are part of book 2 :)

joined Jul 18, 2018

To clear up some confusion, Chapters 1-6 are part of book 1

I was thinking of buying digital but the artwork is soo good. I will wait 1 more chapter to decide if buying physical copy is fully worth it.

September 2019: 1 of my buyers push their discount to me so I try finding link for this, but new copies aren't available anymore in Amazon or CDJapan. They give me link to used set in Mercari, 1 month without response from the seller. So we get another link with incomplete addon.
November : A used set suppose to arrive in my receiving address. I will check in the end of month.
later November I forgot to even open it. I guess December.

last edited at Dec 1, 2019 9:52AM

So when is the next chapter going to be?

Kawaii-anime-25355452-560-420
joined Feb 24, 2015

Someone know where can I read raws? Can't wait...

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

i hope someday theres going to be an update on this manga

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

The manga is dead, right? Sad

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

yuri is dead
go yaoi

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

This must be the MOST frustrating manga, especially Vampire-Yuri, that I have ever read. It is hands down the most gorgeous drawing style I have ever read. Yet, the plot is absolutely pointless. This is the equivalent of reading Loli Eromanga, with the art being stunningly beautiful, yet after a dozen of panels, all signs of a plot disappears and never comes back, as if it were a switch and bait.
How would vampires survived if humanity is all gone? One way or another the author has no clear explanation.
There is so much potential here. Perhaps in the future the manga artist can hook up with a good writer and make something beautiful. As it stands, the mangaka has zero talent in terms of creating plots.

I write this also because I read the entire manga (12 chapters, not just the 5 here). Perhaps one should just read until chapter 4 and call it a day. It is painful to finish reading this. I felt embarrassed. Consider I was planning to buy the two volumes because the computer screen does not justify the drawing from a physical copy. But I did manage to find the entire manga set online to read. It makes me wish I have never found this manga..

last edited at Oct 6, 2021 12:27AM

Img_20230706_053347_360
joined May 21, 2020

dead?

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Author keep drawning a lot yuri, even orgies, xd but the translation is dead

To reply you must either login or sign up.