Forum › Michiwarikusa Monogatari – Vampire After the Doomsday discussion

joined Aug 4, 2014

Wanna talk about it on a parking lot or you just stop bugging me?

Lol what.

I think we need a Neil DeGrasse Tyson gif about now...

I guess you both don't exactly know how institution of "joke" works, huh? Cause you know, I would TOTALLY challenge fellow forum member to a fistfight over yuri. That's how we deal with things in my country.
And yeah, I am a badass. You don't need good ol' Neil to say that loud.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Lol what.

I guess you both don't exactly know how institution of "joke" works, huh? Cause you know, I would TOTALLY challenge fellow forum member to a fistfight over yuri. That's how we deal with things in my country.

See, "jokes" are supposed to actually be funny...

joined Aug 4, 2014

Lol what.

See, "jokes" are supposed to actually be funny...

Yeah, so what's your complain?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

See, what she's saying is that your joke - supposed joke - is in fact not actually a joke because it's objectively not funny.

How did this whole conversation even happen? I think I got a little salt in my eyes.

last edited at Jan 15, 2016 11:35PM

joined Aug 4, 2014

See, what she's saying is that your joke - supposed joke - is in fact not actually a joke because it's objectively not funny.

How did this whole conversation even happen? I think I got a little salt in my eyes.

You really couldn't help yourself, huh?
Hey, listen! Got an idea! If you have more smartasses on this forum, bring them here! We can play more! I am bored anyway.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Circle of the Moon is not canon though.

Also, Shanoa has a bad time killing Dracula without using his own power, ie: it's impossible.

In Castlevania Bloodlines, Jonathan Morris, as I mentioned, risks his lifeforce using the Vampire Whip, since he isn't an full-fledged Belmont, sure you can kill Dracula als Eric Lecarde but the story and gameplay seperate here since they are suppossed to go as an team.

Same with Portrait of Ruin, the story successor to Bloodlines

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why are we fan-wanking over Castlevania anyway?

And Miharu, give it a rest already. You're not impressing anyone, and it's frankly getting boring.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Because I know the lore way too much from the inside out despite thinking it's magic and shit.

Atleast it's consistent that Vampire Killer beats Dracula in Rock, Paper, Spock.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Ratte posted:

Because I know the lore way too much from the inside out despite thinking it's magic and shit.

Atleast it's consistent that Vampire Killer beats Dracula in Rock, Paper, Spock.

I admit I don't know as much as I would like about Castlevania, what I said was from a quick wiki walk so I expected to say something wrong, it's so much to play and so little time... As for Vampire Killer, did any other character besides a Belmont ever killed Dracula? The only one I know that did it is Alucard and that one day a Belmont finally kills him for good, more or less , and he becomes Soma Cruz.

As for why we're fan-wanking over Castlevania? This is a thread of a manga about vampires so of course we should do it here!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Miharu posted:

Maybe I don't want to be shrugged off with "it's not for you"? I consider myself yuri fan, so I am totally the target audience for this title, therefore it IS for me. And I have every right to criticize it. I did it, presented my arguments, done! What's your deal? Cause I totally don't need your advice on posting, patience, acceptable pace of yuri or what is for me and what is not.

Not all yuri is for everyone. I don't go into the threads for mangas that don't appeal to me personally and complain a bunch about them. I just realize that despite being a yuri fan and them being yuri mangas I am in fact not the target audience and move on to other series that do appeal to me. Pretty simple concept really.

Miharu posted:

Miharu posted:

You really couldn't help yourself, huh?
Hey, listen! Got an idea! If you have more smartasses on this forum, bring them here! We can play more! I am bored anyway.

You know, your posts might go over better if you were less aggressive and inflammatory about them. And this is coming from someone who is often aggressive and inflammatory themselves too. You end up coming across as extremely defensive and completely closed to the idea you could in fact be wrong.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Wait, so the one who is turned into vampire had to drink blood isn't it? Because apparently It's always Kumiko and Rina who was drinking it.

I like the art, I like the character, I like the plot. But the biting turned me off so much. Like I guess because I bit my tounge once before, and it's not fun at all...Hurt a ton....

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 11:39AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Wait, so the one who is turned into vampire had to drink blood isn't it? Because apparently It's always Kumiko and Rina who was drinking it.

I like the art, I like the character, I like the plot. But the biting turned me off so much. Like I guess because I bit my tounge once before, and it's not fun at all...Hurt a ton....

Yeah, I don't understand how anyone could be turned on by bitting on the tongue... and how, even as a vampire, someone would like bitting the tongue WHILE kissing. Plus, you don't kiss and eat at the same time , bad manners x)

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 12:18PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

trafi posted:

Yeah, I don't understand how anyone could be turned on by bitting on the tongue... and how, even as a vampire, someone would like bitting the tongue WHILE kissing. Plus, you don't kiss and eat at the same time , bad manners x)

Yea, I don't like gore much so those scenes are really hard for me to read. My interpretation is that they got used to getting bitten at this point (look like nonchalantly Misao deal with her hand being bitten) that I guess bites like that are nothing to them anymore. After all it seem they are living this way 100+ years so it could even turn into some kind of fetish for them.

Chantelune posted:

Isn't silver bullet supposed to work on werewolves, not vampires ?

Yea. I'm familiar with idea that silver works against both vampires and werewolf and I guess supernatural creatures in general, so every time someone question it, it is really weird for me. Also yes, I too have the impression sun is universally consider the biggest and most common vampires' weakness even if originally it didn't affect them.

As for chapter. So far i really like the peaceful atmosphere and man, Rina is so adorable xD It is slice of life and I don't expect much of the plot from it and what we got for now works fine for me.

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 1:13PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Yea, I don't like gore much so those scenes are really hard for me to read. My interpretation is that they got used to getting bitten at this point (look like nonchalantly Misao deal with her hand being bitten) that I guess bites like that are nothing to them anymore. After all it seem they are living this way 100+ years so it could even turn into some kind of fetish for them.

Vampires are often depicted as masochistic so it could very well be something like that. (Though they're also often depicted as sadistic instead so it's really down to the exact depiction in question.)

joined Mar 23, 2013

Vampires are sometime portrayed as able to induce a state of ectasy when biting their prey, like a snake's venom injecting. But it's just all feel good stuff. Blood also taste better when having sex ( at least that's what they tell readers in vampire shoujo/josei/smut mangas ).

Yea, I don't like gore much so those scenes are really hard for me to read.

A small amount of blood = gore... Erm...

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 5:26PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Evilnemesis posted:

I meant more like just looking at her tongue being pierced makes me feel uncomfortable. I know it isn't really that gory, but I wasn't sure what other word to use.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Evilnemesis posted:

I meant more like just looking at her tongue being pierced makes me feel uncomfortable. I know it isn't really that gory, but I wasn't sure what other word to use.

well... its a vampire manga, guess these things are to be expected... tho this one in particular kinda indulges in it a bit... I find it kinda fun/amusing.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Polygamy?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Miharu posted:
Well, you either have slower build up but with good premise or faster pace with action. This manga has none of it. Now it feels like characters talk just for the sake of talking and we get some blood sucking end as a compensation we made it to the end. No, okay, we got some piece of backstory in second chapter, but still...

You have some points there. I mean for a manga having lesbian vampires as protagonists the whole thing is pretty damn ordinary. It really feels like is wasting some story telling potential by both keeping it as a simple SOL and not really exploring its setting at its fullest (mainly the topics of what happened to humans and how vampires exactly work in this setting). Sure this could be developed on upcoming chapters but since the series is just seven chapters long I don't think we will get a lot of development.

Art is real pretty though.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

the series is just seven chapters long

According to MAL it is 12 chapters long, but maybe something of it isn't related. There is no info on that there.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

the series is just seven chapters long

According to MAL it is 12 chapters long, but maybe something of it isn't related. There is no info on that there.

Oh you're right

http://comic-meteor.jp/michiwari/

Seems like those additional chapters were recently added. So the odds of having a better developed plot have been raised.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Yuri & Vampire, i can die happy now.

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

they feed eatch other with their blood..
but vampire can't produce own blood, so is deadly crycle..
if they just alone by they self... he/she will die..

99d9b2dbc2494ead698e256216325ade
joined Oct 3, 2015

anyone have raws? i know that chapters are expiring on the main site ;_;

joined Aug 10, 2015

anyone have raws? i know that chapters are expiring on the main site ;_;

Sadly no :(
I WANNA READ MORE ;________;

To reply you must either login or sign up.