Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

this manga sure is something else... Interesting...

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

People actually think edgy shit like this is good. I don't get how people can enjoy depressing works, they're so tiring. Dark, dramatic works have absolutely zero pacing. Like that other story on here recently about the kids chained together and forced to kill each other. Each page outdoes the others with how needlessly violent it can be. It's just a deluge of over-the-top darkness that just leaves me feeling nothing, which is the exact opposite of what a story is supposed to do. It's like the equivalent of eating snow: cold, flavorless and uninspired. Bah, how I loathe stories like this. What a waste.

Just yes.

joined May 12, 2015

Somehow I think she's more of a psychopath than a yandere.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuribone

If she was psychopath, she wouldn't be able to feel anything towards Shio at all.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Yuribone

If she was psychopath, she wouldn't be able to feel anything towards Shio at all.

That's sociopathy. Sociopaths are the emotionless "cold" killers. Psychopaths generally tend to get some pleasure out of doing those things. Their emotions are reversed to the average. She does seem more psychopathic.

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

This isn't bad because it's dark and/or violent, it's bad because it's inane and poorly written....

I'll have to agree with you for the most part. I love the darker Kaguya x Mokou, but that usually follows a deep emotional web and an established setting which combine into a place where the violence to happen and make sense for it to happen in. And I think this does okay with the characters: Sato has her yan coming from some trauma hinted at on page 45, and unless we're being lied to, there are mutual positive feelings between Sato and Shio that I'm legitimately interested in learning about.

But the setting's really bad. A boy goes missing between his job and home and there isn't an investigation of the place. No one's investigated why a family goes missing and an unknown, underage pair of girls has taken their stead. Sato, in all her time as a playah, has only just met someone with a hateful smile. I keep thinking the setting needs a psychic loli in order to insert some suspension of disbelief.

joined Apr 15, 2013

I'm not sure if there's more drama in the story or the discussion board.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Yuribone

That's sociopathy. Sociopaths are the emotionless "cold" killers. Psychopaths generally tend to get some pleasure out of doing those things. Their emotions are reversed to the average. She does seem more psychopathic.

That's exactly the same thing, tho. Both terms are used for the same kind of disorder, whose (official) name is "Antissocial personality disorder".

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I... actually kind of like this. I like Yandere.. within limits. I don't like it when there's bodily harm coming to lovers, like limb removal or anything like that.. but I guess I like learning about just what drove a character over the edge to become so mentally unbalanced (which hopefully this touches on). Also it's yuri so I mean that's basically a free bonus. I really liked Mirai Nikki/Future Diary which was such a bizarre yandere murder series but I just found is fascinating because every little detail you learned made everything else make sense little by little.

When I first started reading this it reminded me of Raindrop Harmonia with the age gap + taking in some random child that the MC takes care of.. just.. significantly darker obviously! But I'm interested in seeing where this particular series will go.

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

This seems interesting....Wondering how long the body or bodies been there for. Cause after awhile a dead body starts to produce a foul smell (watch ID channel) so am guessing not to long or maybe she has the apartment cold who knows. Maybe the author just didn't put much thought into it so many questions to be answered.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

"Shyoko". Seriously? K-S would be "Syoko", Hepburn would be "Shoko"

So, this is an alright start. The important part will be how it handles itself now that the reveals are out of the way

WHAT DA HEOLL?!? This is SOOOO MESSED UP!!! O_o
At first i only thought oki, a slutty gurl which fell in love for the first time and it so happened to be a child... And then i thought she was going to be bullied for a loooong time at her work place, then she seemed like a kinda strong gurl who can kinda defend herself with blackmailing stuff....and then she REALLY CREEPED ME OUT WITH HER BLOODY PLACE AND BAGS FILLED WITH "UNKNOWN" STUFF!!!! O_O

This Yandere-Chan is a SERIOUS matter... XD

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

this manga sure is something else... Interesting...

Agreed.

I thought it was cute at first then it got intensely dark. Let's see how this plays out.

I was thinking that was the manager in those bags

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

..it reminds me of mirai nikki..i love that anime..it's really interesting...i wnt to know the whole story..

joined Feb 15, 2013

Hmm a player yandere who fell so much in love for an innocent loli that she can just butcher people up to keep their ways of life. What's a weird story background...

Masterpiece 11/10

No but honestly,it really has been fairly interesting so far. It seemed like the author just picked up all of the taboo topic and try to make a story out of it (what do we have, assume compensated dating, homosexual, lolicon, domestic violence, workplace bullying, sexually abuse, murder, potentially kinapping x2...). Even Berserk could not cram in this much when they tried. And the set up and character development has been pretty good so far

Personally, I think I will enjoy the romance side of this, and would want to see how far Sato will go to hold on her love.

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 9:32PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

This is AWESOME, I love this kind of stories!!! no, i don't want a yandere gf xD but that kind of characters are so... intriguing !!!

It's one of the coolest and more original yandere stories I've read. and I love those

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 9:53PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

People actually think edgy shit like this is good. I don't get how people can enjoy depressing works, they're so tiring. Dark, dramatic works have absolutely zero pacing. Like that other story on here recently about the kids chained together and forced to kill each other. Each page outdoes the others with how needlessly violent it can be. It's just a deluge of over-the-top darkness that just leaves me feeling nothing, which is the exact opposite of what a story is supposed to do. It's like the equivalent of eating snow: cold, flavorless and uninspired. Bah, how I loathe stories like this. What a waste.

Urgh. How about you just start watching Disney movies for the rest of your life and let people enjoy what they want?

Because there are only limited amounts of resources in this world, therefore the creation of an inferior piece of work means that one less possible superior work is available? There couldn't be a new Samurai Jack if people accepted infinite Family Guys, for instance. Sometimes you just can't accept mediocrity when you know there are better things out there. Especially when I saw the author's other work, which was perfectly fine. Same with that other series I was talking about, the author had done way better things than lower themselves to that base boring-ness.

Well,you clearly don't like this sort of stuff..why do you read it then? Yandere never means happiness and joy.. unless it's Love/death. No like,no read, it's easy :P

K-8mrinwxaaz9-lt_gbsmjyizpi6k9rxvvyg8qyvh-o
joined Jun 24, 2015

Yuribone

Actually psychopaths can feel emotions, they are just extremely screwed up. Usually psychopaths are overly violent, and can have an extremely strong infatuation or extreme outbursts of anger. They also can't really see the consequences of their actions, and don't really care how their actions effect others, as long as it serves their own needs. Kinda fits the main character to a falt.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

elec

Actually psychopaths can feel emotions, they are just extremely screwed up. Usually psychopaths are overly violent, and can have an extremely strong infatuation or extreme outbursts of anger. They also can't really see the consequences of their actions, and don't really care how their actions effect others, as long as it serves their own needs. Kinda fits the main character to a falt.

Guess all Yanderes are psychopaths then ;x

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 10:18PM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Not my cup of tea.....

Ayase-aragaki%20-%20copy
joined Jul 20, 2013

Yuri and Yandere???? I'm in~

joined Feb 15, 2013

Guys stop talking about yandere like there is only one type....And for those who don't know, here is the Guide to yandere. I will say Satou-chan is the mix between Harmless and possibly Monopolising type

Edit: and yes, identifying yandere is a serious business. Knowing which one you are dealing with is literally a matter of life and death!!

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 10:51PM

Tumblr_static_tumblrshizuku2
joined Mar 18, 2014

This is a pretty enjoyable read, I have high hopes for this series.

Apparently I'm the minority here because I actually don't think it's that screwed up, perhaps I've been playing too much Deception lately.

67baf6ae9865138df746371ac0aef8a8d392a976
joined Apr 24, 2015

Ideal woman right there

Yuribone

I don't think we know enough about the character to say she's either one, can't diagnose someone with one or two symptoms.

So long as this doesn't turn lolicon, I'll keep reading so let's hope lolicon stays very far away from here.

For the non TL'DR types...
There's a lot to be explained here, but the terms sociopath and psychopath fall under Antisocial Personality Disorder. I think the main difference is that psychopaths tend to be more impulsive while sociopaths are more calculative. Either way the main commonality is not being emotionless, people diagnosed with APD can feel wide ranges in emotion and even love their mothers. The issue comes into learning from their bad behavior. People with APD tend to not have that ability to tell the difference between right and wrong and if they learn anything it's shot out of their minds very quickly. There is also the propensity towards violent behavior, but that's only a propensity and not a grantee. You could work an entire career next to a psychopath and never know it and he/she will die never having killed anyone. Emotions may be shallow when it comes to things like empathy and sympathy, but more often than not they're not completely absent.

This is also a big one... Mental illness does not equal violence.

On an interesting note, some of the "coldest" of cold killers, aren't found to be sociopaths or psychopaths, and there is the undeniable fact the perfectly "sane" people enjoy a bloodbath. The guy who shot up the theater in Colorado, not mentally ill or "crazy", just pissed.

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 11:12PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.