Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

so were the bloody bags shio's family?

Considering the wanted poster, I don't think it's Shio's family. Just a random family Sato killed off in order to swag their fancy apartment.

Wouldn't it be easier to just get their own apartment even if it was a cheap one? since she has to pay the rent anyway. And even if that was the case, there's no way that the owners are some random people since she would be found out right away by the neighbours, family of the owners, landlord of the flat, etc. Well, this is a manga anyway (and a crazy one), so anything is possible.

joined Oct 3, 2014

I'm on page 5 and I just wanted to say... Shouldn't it be "Shouko-chan"???????????

Although I can't find exact details, I think this is another system of Japanese romanization. It reminds me of the system in my old Japanese textbook that I stopped paying attention to because I learned romanization a different way.

Octave00
joined Sep 23, 2014

People actually think edgy shit like this is good. I don't get how people can enjoy depressing works, they're so tiring. Dark, dramatic works have absolutely zero pacing. Like that other story on here recently about the kids chained together and forced to kill each other. Each page outdoes the others with how needlessly violent it can be. It's just a deluge of over-the-top darkness that just leaves me feeling nothing, which is the exact opposite of what a story is supposed to do. It's like the equivalent of eating snow: cold, flavorless and uninspired. Bah, how I loathe stories like this. What a waste.

Urgh. How about you just start watching Disney movies for the rest of your life and let people enjoy what they want?

Are you serius? You enjoy this?
I know many of you guys are bored but, honestly, this plot is totally wrong!!
Ugh, I'm sick now

18160285_1855872217963427_5205910394689814528_a
joined Aug 31, 2014

Woah woah woah

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

I've read doujins where yanderes chop off the arms and legs of the ones they love or just paralyze them, but this is a new one.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

People actually think edgy shit like this is good. I don't get how people can enjoy depressing works, they're so tiring. Dark, dramatic works have absolutely zero pacing. Like that other story on here recently about the kids chained together and forced to kill each other. Each page outdoes the others with how needlessly violent it can be. It's just a deluge of over-the-top darkness that just leaves me feeling nothing, which is the exact opposite of what a story is supposed to do. It's like the equivalent of eating snow: cold, flavorless and uninspired. Bah, how I loathe stories like this. What a waste.

Urgh. How about you just start watching Disney movies for the rest of your life and let people enjoy what they want?

Because there are only limited amounts of resources in this world, therefore the creation of an inferior piece of work means that one less possible superior work is available? There couldn't be a new Samurai Jack if people accepted infinite Family Guys, for instance. Sometimes you just can't accept mediocrity when you know there are better things out there. Especially when I saw the author's other work, which was perfectly fine. Same with that other series I was talking about, the author had done way better things than lower themselves to that base boring-ness.

Panty%20from%20p.s.w.g
joined Jul 10, 2015

yikes!

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

You understand that you've read a lot of manga when you can predict everything is stories like this.
Can't say I liked it, but can't say it's too bad either.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

been a while since I read any yandere

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Because there are only limited amounts of resources in this world, therefore the creation of an inferior piece of work means that one less possible superior work is available? There couldn't be a new Samurai Jack if people accepted infinite Family Guys, for instance. Sometimes you just can't accept mediocrity when you know there are better things out there. Especially when I saw the author's other work, which was perfectly fine. Same with that other series I was talking about, the author had done way better things than lower themselves to that base boring-ness.

I somehow think coming on a little-known site to hatefully comment upon a manga nobody's heard of is a bigger waste of resources.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I agree it was dark and all sort of fucked up, but still, people have different preferences and tastes. Some enjoy that kind of dark and violent stuff (and not because they are psychos themself) so this kind of stories definitely have their place too, even if it is niche.

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 6:46PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I like it, but I'm worried. Sato's an anti-hero for sure and I appreciate those kind of characters, but I'm scared of how it will end. I'm down for different kind of genres mixed in with yuri, it should be interesting, the art is really pretty too. The mood shifts between cute fluff and intimidating danger is interesting to follow as well. I'm looking forward to this, to find out just how Sato's love will develop.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Ah, okay. Sorry. I forgot how you are the authority on opinions. I heard people sometimes like depressing stuff but I guess The Walking Dead is objectively shit and has absolutely zero pacing because you don't like depressing stuff.

For the record, I'm not saying this is as good as TWD.

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 6:53PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

IMO this one needs lolicon tag. If heroine doesn't cross the line before kid is of age I will give this "creepy but kinda cute" rating. I know at least 3 yandere stories that end well, so I can always hope.

Well, she won't get the chance to cross any lines with Shio.... she'll probably kill her first...

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 6:57PM

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

Wow that manager really was a bitch, she deserves it!

joined Dec 7, 2013

Each page outdoes the others with how needlessly violent it can be.

wut

If you're going to post inane drivel then at least TRY to make it partially true.

The only 'violence' in this entire work was a page which had blood on the walls and a bloodied knife on the floor, and someone tied up in a cupboard. If that's enough to make you flip out like this then I don't know what to think...A random generic shounen action manga has 100x more violence than this in a single chapter.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Ah, okay. Sorry. I forgot how you are the authority on opinions. I heard people sometimes like depressing stuff but I guess The Walking Dead is objectively shit and has absolutely zero pacing because you don't like depressing stuff.

Depressing isn't necessarily bad, it's just that it's so hard to do effectively. Compared the author's comedy piece, this just falls flat. In my opinion, at least. I don't say this hoping to enact sweeping, worldwide change, it's just my thought that this isn't very good and better things could be done with one's time.
The part about escalating violence was in reference to the other work whose name I forget, hence why it didn't make any sense here because it wasn't applied here. In general, though, the use of constantly darker and darker aspects on every page is still overbearing. It was like a montage of melodramatic tragedy.

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 7:15PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Well, that was something. I guess that first color page should have warned me, but I'd kind of forgotten about it by the end. Hope Shio-chan never falls in love with anyone else, though ... for their sakes.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

This isn't bad because it's dark and/or violent, it's bad because it's inane and poorly written....

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Breakdanceanomicon

Because there are only limited amounts of resources in this world, therefore the creation of an inferior piece of work means that one less possible superior work is available?

I have no idea where you get that from though. Just because someone wouldn't make 1 bad work, it doesn't automatically mean something far more superior would be created instead. It could be just as bad or worse. Or even nothing could be made at all in its place. We don't create X stories at each given time and every time 1 bad gets canceled, the better one automatically fills it place, until we only have good stuff. It all depends on people, their ideas, influences, skills and what they want to do. If all people in the world would be able to only create bad things, no matter how much you complain, you would still only get bad things. Sorry, but your logic is very flawed and generalized. Don't like it, maybe it wont get popular because of it, but that doesn't mean it will guarantee you better stuff in its place. Hell, maybe something better will just... be created in the same time -gasp-

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 7:54PM

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

That ending, maximum edge

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

Why are some people calling this story "edgy?" Its not pretentious, its not making some sort of point that could be considered edgy, its not graphic, its not really "dark," (its about dark subjects but told in a mostly lighthearted way.) So"edgy" doesn't really make sense to me as a criticism.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Ahaha, I can see why folks aren't enjoying this, but I'm all the way in. At least in this first chapter, introducing the protagonist by pitting her style of deranged cruelty against someone else's deranged cruelty was a good move. It's like, oh, she's doing it in self defense, maybe she's not so bad, oh hey corpse bags, whoops, never mind. I dunno! It's interesting. It tickles the part of my brain that likes monsters and nightmares. The atmosphere leans a lot more on being bizarre and broken than maintaining a sense of despair or depression, and I'm a lot more okay with that than if we had a sane or relatable protagonist experiencing these things from a place of fear. I kinda want to see what she does next.

The Walking Dead is objectively shit and has absolutely zero pacing because you don't like depressing stuff.

Uh... You sure you wanna reference TWD as a positive example, here? Like, without any qualifiers, or anything? Because there's some great stuff under The Walking Dead's name, but the most depressing thing about TWD as a TV show is how a network can take a strong first season and grind it into the dirt, actively finding sparks of creativity and snuffing them out with punishing budget cuts and bloated episode quotas. Just, like, not the most obvious example for the pojnt you're trying to make, is what I'm saying.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

AquarianDemocrat

Why are some people calling this story "edgy?" Its not pretentious, its not making some sort of point that could be considered edgy, its not graphic, its not really "dark," (its about dark subjects but told in a mostly lighthearted way.) So"edgy" doesn't really make sense to me as a criticism.

It is typical yandere story with typical yandere. It is dark and scary to think about it happening in real life, but still, anime/manga wise it is pretty standard.

joined May 12, 2015

wtf

To reply you must either login or sign up.