Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

YAY this is my Xmas/Birthday gift!!! So happy to read more about Satou-shan!!!!!!!

joined May 24, 2014

Satou did nothing wrong and therefore she's still with shio as it should be.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Parallel Life: Nursery is the true canon and the rest of the story is simply an alternate universe, change my mind

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 9:19PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, she seems happy and isn't hurting anyone, so I guess it's fine

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Aww it makes me so sad to see Shio without Sato... A person with a huge trauma, especially related to someone who deeply impacted their life, changes you forever and makes you act as if the person were still there... I loved seeing the photo of the two grown up together, and that's what I visualize in the end... The two will one day meet again and finally have their Happy Sugar Life, through Sato's reincarnation or Shio's future death...

joined May 24, 2014

people defending Sato are disturbing

cope and seethe

It is a blessing to be based, indeed

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Japanese family social services really need to get their shit together.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ah, I am done with everything now...so Shio is...well, yeah, ok I like it, I actually like it, her style as she grew older, her humm connection to her love...the aunt omg... brilliant!! All of it!!

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

To me it looks like Shio is on her way to becoming a hoarder from the loss.

Pic%20(314)
joined Nov 19, 2023

this shit's wack. i fvcking hate everything about it, the ending sucked and dont get me started on the main "couple" and basically most of the characters. the only person i liked got killed and for what?

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Yeah, shit was a misery simulator and the only good characters are left screwed up or dead for their efforts. I dunno how anyone can like this garbage. It was trash at the start and it's trash at the end.

joined May 24, 2014

this shit's wack. i fvcking hate everything about it, the ending sucked and dont get me started on the main "couple" and basically most of the characters. the only person i liked got killed and for what?

So satou and shio could get their happy END, of course!

joined Oct 10, 2016

Thank you for this unexpected christmas gift, SomewhatOkay.

joined May 24, 2014

Well, she seems happy and isn't hurting anyone, so I guess it's fine

As long as NOBODY follows her home.

joined Dec 27, 2022

Just because the manga has a "bad" ending you can't call it shit.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

People who think this manga is "bad" are unfortunately used to series considered "normal" or "lightly normal" unfortunately, we see in the field of psychiatry, especially in psychiatric hospitals, cases like those of "Shio and Sato", of course, less dramatic, but no less similar. I simply loved this manga, the story and everything about it. I don't consider the ending to be bad at all, sad, depressing, but not bad. I've seen cases like this in psychiatry, and the "Shio"'s and "Sato"'s around the world are much more than we imagine. The human mind goes beyond understanding itself. Tourette's syndrome, Stockholm syndrome, schizophrenia, anxiety, ADHD, bipolar disorder, anxious depressive disorder... So many things corroborate the story of a manga like this to be truly real. In the psychiatric hospital I have seen so many cases, many worse and unimaginable that go beyond the story of this manga. Knowing more about the subject, I don't blame Shio at all for acting like this, nor Sato for doing all of this. Wrong? Yes, completely, sickly. But for these two? What's so wrong with being together forever? Shio would certainly need severe help at this point in life, everything she does is a fantasy that her own mind created to hide the fact that Sato is gone. Will she be a "new" Sato? Most likely yes, as this type of disorder generates a vicious cycle. But since we're not in a real story, but in a manga, let's let Shio be happy in her own way, and let's wait for Sato's reincarnation :)

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

the feels

joined May 18, 2023

The one thing that the final Extra Life chapter is missing is showing how Asahi and his mother are fairing with Shio's own twisted personality. Was he able to accept his own sister like he wanted and after the shock of her now being like Sato gradually went away, or does Shio have absolutely no ties to her brother and mother as of now?

!vanitas-emote-05
joined Jul 19, 2014

I was not expecting new chapters but boy it was an emotional sucker punch.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

damn that chapter where shio is growing up faster than satou... that one really hurt.

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

Just want to quickly thank the person that uploaded those extra chapters recently. Haven't seen those before and ended up re-reading and re-watching the entire thing due to them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.