Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

This is a pretty enjoyable read, I have high hopes for this series.

Apparently I'm the minority here because I actually don't think it's that screwed up, perhaps I've been playing too much Deception lately.

By Deception you mean the games you use traps to kill?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

LeapinVenetian

Apparently I'm the minority here because I actually don't think it's that screwed up

The core idea of loving someone that much is fine. I'm just not into horror and gore, so that kind of stories are not my thing.

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 11:22PM

Tumblr_static_tumblrshizuku2
joined Mar 18, 2014

Apparently I'm the minority here because I actually don't think it's that screwed up, perhaps I've been playing too much Deception lately.

Yeah, I've only played the fourth game and a demo for the second so I can't speak for the rest of the series, but it's pretty fun. Fictional murder feels a lot tamer when you don't get a brief bio of the people then have to listen to them scream all the way to the grave.

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

Holy. . .crap. . .Somehow I want more. . .

Img_20160104_162929
joined Apr 20, 2015

People actually think edgy shit like this is good. I don't get how people can enjoy depressing works, they're so tiring. Dark, dramatic works have absolutely zero pacing. Like that other story on here recently about the kids chained together and forced to kill each other. Each page outdoes the others with how needlessly violent it can be. It's just a deluge of over-the-top darkness that just leaves me feeling nothing, which is the exact opposite of what a story is supposed to do. It's like the equivalent of eating snow: cold, flavorless and uninspired. Bah, how I loathe stories like this. What a waste.

Funny thing is I bet this dude has seen more things with dark shit then I have lol. p.s why would u read this if u feel nothing? lmao geez practly everything ppl read is dark, and the waste part, lol wow. It's just made up dude chill, we R not killing trees or anything for paper to make this, so its not really a WASTE cuz there's nothing TO waste XD

joined Sep 4, 2014

Oh god
This is great!! XD dark yuri ahead folks

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Yeah, I've only played the fourth game and a demo for the second so I can't speak for the rest of the series, but it's pretty fun. Fictional murder feels a lot tamer when you don't get a brief bio of the people then have to listen to them scream all the way to the grave.

I thought it was, IV is actually the fifth game in the serie, I played the fourth that is for ps2, Trapt, I had a look on 1 to 3 and they seen pretty fun too, they're for psx, if we go by their original names IV shouldn't have number, it should have been 5 if they didn't used Trapt instead of Deception 4, not sure if this would be irony and I would be grateful if someone could say if it is or not, but Trapt is the only one numbered in the original names but for some reason they decided to not call it Deception, if anyone is curious their original names are Kokumeikan (Tecmo's Deception: Invitation to Darkness), Kagero: Kokumeikan Shinsho (Kagero: Deception II), Soumatou (Deception III: Dark Delusion), Kagero II: Dark Illusion (Trapt), Kagero: Dark Side Princess (Deception IV: Blood Ties), IV also have a updated version , Kagero: Another Princess (Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess).

And now I want to play them, killing enemies is a lot more fun when you have some bio instead of some random person and need to use traps to kill them in cruel and unusual ways, it's nice to have them screaming in agony as they die instead of just falling dead like most games.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

No she caught the manager...

Tumblr_static_tumblrshizuku2
joined Mar 18, 2014

I thought it was, IV is actually the fifth game in the serie, I played the fourth that is for ps2, Trapt, I had a look on 1 to 3 and they seen pretty fun too, they're for psx, if we go by their original names IV shouldn't have number, it should have been 5 if they didn't used Trapt instead of Deception 4, not sure if this would be irony and I would be grateful if someone could say if it is or not, but Trapt is the only one numbered in the original names but for some reason they decided to not call it Deception, if anyone is curious their original names are Kokumeikan (Tecmo's Deception: Invitation to Darkness), Kagero: Kokumeikan Shinsho (Kagero: Deception II), Soumatou (Deception III: Dark Delusion), Kagero II: Dark Illusion (Trapt), Kagero: Dark Side Princess (Deception IV: Blood Ties), IV also have a updated version , Kagero: Another Princess (Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess).

And now I want to play them, killing enemies is a lot more fun when you have some bio instead of some random person and need to use traps to kill them in cruel and unusual ways, it's nice to have them screaming in agony as they die instead of just falling dead like most games.

Well if you're into that sort of thing I'd say go for it. I skipped directly to Nightmare Princess because Kagero felt like it had potential, but was wonky as hell. It's fairly fun, it has character, and it's a pretty original and interesting idea, there's even a small dab of yuri in there if you pay attention.

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

I'm already in love with this story :3 Can't wait for the rest! :D

joined Aug 19, 2012

Awesome.

Does anyone know if this series is still continuing? I know there are 6 chapters translated to Chinese.

joined Jan 8, 2014

so were the bloody bags shio's family?

Considering the wanted poster, I don't think it's Shio's family. Just a random family Sato killed off in order to swag their fancy apartment.

Wouldn't it be easier to just get their own apartment even if it was a cheap one? since she has to pay the rent anyway. And even if that was the case, there's no way that the owners are some random people since she would be found out right away by the neighbours, family of the owners, landlord of the flat, etc. Well, this is a manga anyway (and a crazy one), so anything is possible.

Im guessing an un-suspecting family was helping a girl and child, out of the rain or something and then slash! She needs rent for all the reasons you listed tho....its a temporary place... so yeah...

This is definitely a good read...not only the little twists here and there that shift about but the parts they arent saying(at least yet) ... im hoping for an interesting story on how the two met...

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Awesome.

Does anyone know if this series is still continuing? I know there are 6 chapters translated to Chinese.

Two volumes and ongoing
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=121918

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

Details like the flashback on p45 make this series more interesting to me, the heroine is clearly just really adapted to messed up situations and doesn't function like a normal person as a result. Much better than if she were just a sort of flat 'evil cutie' stereotype. Calculating and detached but not in an 'unable to feel emotion' way, more like walled off and defensive.

The way the little girl is written makes me think they probably share similarly nasty backgrounds and we'll find out more about them as it goes on, which should make things interesting.

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

Fun, fun, fun!

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

' ' so, so cute art... it's a high quality one. Maybe this new idea will show me some happiness likes Murcielago. Please, it's just a simply happy ending, please make it and this will be fantastic

7236303-l
joined Jul 12, 2014

People actually think edgy shit like this is good. I don't get how people can enjoy depressing works, they're so tiring. Dark, dramatic works have absolutely zero pacing. Like that other story on here recently about the kids chained together and forced to kill each other. Each page outdoes the others with how needlessly violent it can be. It's just a deluge of over-the-top darkness that just leaves me feeling nothing, which is the exact opposite of what a story is supposed to do. It's like the equivalent of eating snow: cold, flavorless and uninspired. Bah, how I loathe stories like this. What a waste.

Really? Maybe you should write up your demand for a happy beginning, middle and ending to every story ever, and submit your findings to every prominent literary journal you can find, because if it's true that stories about tragedy and horror are "just a deluge of over-the-top darkness that just leaves me feeling nothing, which is the exact opposite of what a story is supposed to do," then this theory could revolutionize how the world thinks about literature.

Seriously, though, if you have no interest in reading about things like adversity, loss or human misery, that's your prerogative, but don't confuse an appeal to your personal preferences with legit criticism. Honestly, I'm tired of seeing works getting dismissed as 'edgy' any time something bad happens to a character, as if the idea of putting characters through violence or hardship was a recent invention. If that's your idea of 'edgy', then make sure you don't ever read Kafka, Edgar Alan Poe or Shakespeare.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

There's an impressive amount of people posting here who don't seem to understand that they're not forced to read something that doesn't appeal to them. I guess I better get started on reading all those yaoi mangas I'm not interested in so I can go complain about it.

none

That's sociopathy. Sociopaths are the emotionless "cold" killers. Psychopaths generally tend to get some pleasure out of doing those things. Their emotions are reversed to the average. She does seem more psychopathic.

That's exactly the same thing, tho. Both terms are used for the same kind of disorder, whose (official) name is "Antissocial personality disorder".

I dunno how people get there's a distinction between them all in the first place. The only reason there's even different names for the condition is because of negative connotations with serial killers.

Diiis
joined Sep 14, 2015

Meat bags.

Theres no jack without jill
joined Dec 4, 2015

Ohmygod!! I just can't wait for the next chapter! <3

joined Apr 12, 2014

Well this is fcking scary and creepu

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I guess you don't need to beg Ryukishi07 to write some yuri story anymore.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Look forward to next chapters!

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

I'm reading this and I'm like she's confused, she just wants to take care of the kid this ain't "being in love." Who knows she could've gotten pregnant by one of the guys she was with before (there was a lot of em apparently), got a abortion, regretted, then months later she finds Shio. Then it turns all darken with her second job and I don't know what to think anymore. Since I'm sleepy I'll just have to read it another time to see what's really going on.

last edited at Dec 4, 2015 3:59AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yet another psycho-lesbian, because, you know, girls liking girls can't be right in the head.

Of course, it won't end well.

To reply you must either login or sign up.