Forum › Lily Love discussion

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

That escalated slowly. Too much clothes on that manga tbh. Thanks for the release! (❛ᴗ❛人)☆

joined Dec 8, 2014

Nice chapter! Like it :)

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Gnaah Ratana-boss is awesome!!!!!!! I love the art and how the story goes , Donut is so cute after all awwhh!!

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Can't wait xD

joined Jan 8, 2014

Omg, so cute! And is it weird?, im as excited to see their date as Donut is to go ... hehehe

Now that i think about it... those names aren't really to my liking... XD
But the story still got me! Is it really that amusing to seduce and tease the innocent lover? O_o(i'm clueless 'cause i'm a Donut myself >//<)

ANYWAYS where's da HOT YURI stuf?? well i can accept only kissing too.. >~<

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

"hot love with senior" should be mandatory reading.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I see P'Mew is the unintentional smooth operator type.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

ANYWAYS where's da HOT YURI stuf?? well i can accept only kissing too.. >~<

Just wait for it ^///^ Even when Ratana draw kisses they are super hot ^///^

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was CUTE

P'mew is such a troll though.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Friends go from all gossipy, "don't get near her, she's a lesbian", to "Woohoo,when do you two have sex? lololol...".

Somehow, this is too easy.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Friends go from all gossipy, "don't get near her, she's a lesbian", to "Woohoo,when do you two have sex? lololol...".

Is likely they were just probing Mew at first. Giving how open they are at the idea, isn't hard to think they are at the least, experimented.

last edited at Aug 2, 2015 1:11AM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Is likely they were just probing Mew at first. Giving how open they are at the idea, isn't hard to think they are at the least, experimented.

Especially considering the whole ordeal about "hot love with senior"

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Dunno. Take a group of average girls. Out of the blue, one of them comes out as a lesbian. I guess there would be some kind of akwardness at first, you know. Some kind of "uuuhh... I wonder if she ever looked at me that way?" or something. The way it is, the whole college already knows that Donut is a lezzy and everyone takes it in stride. In Thailand.

I know Lily Love is mostly comedy, for now, but some realism wouldn't hurt. It makes it look like coming out to your friends is as easy as breathing and that they wouldn't think anything more of it than "Cool! U 2 had sex yet?

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

The eyes on page 15 of Ch 7 were a little frightening. When I clicked onto that page my first thought was "AAAGH! Double Goatse!".

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

The eyes on page 15 of Ch 7 were a little frightening. When I clicked onto that page my first thought was "AAAGH! Double Goatse!".

If that was your first thought you may have a bit of a problem.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I prefer an easy start to an long more realistic beginning just to get some damn relationship afterwards stories, which are even that damn rare in main het stories romances

joined Jun 12, 2015

Yay, new chapter! But personally I can't wait for volume 2 :)

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I think it's nice to have a story where the relationship is "out" for a change. Feels like it's usually either treated as a secret or the story revolves around the couple to the point that it doesn't matter what their friends think. This has a similar vibe to The Collectors in that sense.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Dunno. Take a group of average girls. Out of the blue, one of them comes out as a lesbian. I guess there would be some kind of akwardness at first, you know. Some kind of "uuuhh... I wonder if she ever looked at me that way?" or something. The way it is, the whole college already knows that Donut is a lezzy and everyone takes it in stride. In Thailand.

I know Lily Love is mostly comedy, for now, but some realism wouldn't hurt. It makes it look like coming out to your friends is as easy as breathing and that they wouldn't think anything more of it than "Cool! U 2 had sex yet?

Meh, lathering on the GAYAAAAAAAAAANGST is so trite by this point, it doesn't strike me as much fun to write or read. I'm quite happy to read a series that dispenses with it, like Lily Love or Kase-san and actually deals with other relationship issues instead.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Meh, lathering on the GAYAAAAAAAAAANGST is so trite by this point, it doesn't strike me as much fun to write or read. I'm quite happy to read a series that dispenses with it, like Lily Love or Kase-san and actually deals with other relationship issues instead.

I agree with this. It doesn't feel like there's many new shoes to tread that ground with, and I'd rather read something different than something cliche, even if the cliche is more logical.

last edited at Aug 2, 2015 10:54AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I agree with this. It doesn't feel like there's many new shoes to tread that ground with, and I'd rather read something different than something cliche, even if the cliche is more logical.

One thing I respect about Fujieda Miyabe is his opposition to writing gayangst into his stories, and simply not buying into the hoary old "but we're both girls, fret fret". Glad to see another artist simply not bothering with it.

If I want that sort of "realism", I'll re-read Girl Friends or something.

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

I don't particularly find this story interesting? From the trite "I'm the nerdy girl" trope to the "insanely beautiful and randomly interested in you lesbian" that pops outta nowhere. It's cute, and sorta funny, but it's not really my thing. I'm alright with Mew, but Donut is so incredibly boring that I just don't care for her struggles anymore.

Maybe it's me just expecting too much from this story, but at least it has... good art...

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I completely agree, especially in relationships between adults. Adult women tend to not have as much time to devote to angst as high schoolers.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The uneasiness about being in love with a girl is still hinted at, with Donut asking advice from her friend, or even P'Mew being afraid to ruin the friendship (by running away, right...). But it's solved by shrugging it off like "get on with the times! There's no problem, as long as there's love!".

In Kase-san, the issue is not shrugged off, it's not adressed at all, so it's ok, it's not trying to anyway.

In Lily Love, it's like there might be an issue at first.. but after all, it just fizzles as "everyone is cool with it".

I quite like the art, but the relationship here doesn't strike me as very deep. It doesn't set a mood. Kase-san sets the mood by making show Kase and Yamada's awkwardness, trying to get closer, but ending up beating around the bush and both being unbearably cute.

Here, P'Mew is a fox, Donut is a nerd, they are now going out, with everyone and his dog's approval (save the ex later, I guess). Nice and all, but where is the story?

To reply you must either login or sign up.