Forum › Posts by recchuun

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

sayaka deserves so much tbh, i hope she finds someone that'll make her just as happy.

on the other hand!!! touko is opening up so much more, which is. such an improvement. this girl deserves the world

recchuun
My Odile discussion 24 Dec 02:28
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Huh. That was depressing, I feel bad for the MC (Saki as well, but the MC more so for living in such a restricted life).

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Knowing Takemiya Jin, it'll probably end up with the two of them together (or separating on good terms). Either way, I await the next part (whenever that may be, good luck to the scanalation team).

Either way, I expected a comedy and was given drama instead. 10/10 do recommend.

recchuun
Mix discussion 21 Dec 02:53
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

I am an idol otaku. Will this bump my chances of finding a cute anime otaku girl, or is this a rare outlier in the statistics?

I need data, Takemiya Jin, I need data.

(Also all them Love Live and 48G references.)

last edited at Dec 21, 2015 2:54AM

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

This is like a lighter, better version of Corruption's Finale where consent seems to be more prevalent. Not bad.

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

The bullet spray made me spray water out of my mouth. It shouldn't be that funny, it really shouldn't.

I'm a sucker for this kind of plot, how wonderful. It's so comical and dark at the same time; it tries to take itself so seriously in a way that it just makes it amusing to read along with no darker psychological underlying themes like Doubt or Battle Royale. It's basically "let's have action for the pure want of action" and "throw in a few (lots of) deaths here and there with minimal blood." But yuri. Yay yuri.

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

The sister is super cute, whoa. Praying that the every character in a yuri/yaoi manga is gay trope at least for her, lol (this is all jokingly said, don't take it seriously).

"If you continue to love him, he will eventually share the same feelings as you."
If only that were true in real life.

On the other hand, this manga is getting better; Yuu is a very good protagonist.

recchuun
Lily Love discussion 02 Aug 11:14
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

I don't particularly find this story interesting? From the trite "I'm the nerdy girl" trope to the "insanely beautiful and randomly interested in you lesbian" that pops outta nowhere. It's cute, and sorta funny, but it's not really my thing. I'm alright with Mew, but Donut is so incredibly boring that I just don't care for her struggles anymore.

Maybe it's me just expecting too much from this story, but at least it has... good art...

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Shrieks at the cuteness.

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Honestly, just ditch the boys already. This could've been something cute if it weren't for
1) unnecessary drama
2) "I'm not gay I swear!!!"
3) This is all a joke, lol no homo

but then, it wouldn't be a common yuri without these tropes I guess.

Also plottwist: surprise yaoi (I'm joking)

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

My take on this is :

• Hotaru has been going out with multiple guys to "run away" from her feelings for Yuma
  • Yuma felt uneasy about this, because of her own unconscious feelings.
  • Current relationship of Hotaru is toxic but she's afraid to break-up.
  • She's desperate because Yuma started going out with Takeda, so because of this and previous point, she drops hints left and right for Yuma to pick up and save her.
  • Takeda is maybe interested in Hotaru (they were classmates and he worried about her? Fishy...). Though it's a bit far fetched.
  • Yuma can't sort her own feelings and is confused about Hotaru's actions. So she doesn't think it's cheating. But she's not that much into Takeda (although he seems to be nice to her). She sees him as a fellow club member and not as a romantic interest much.
  • Takeda looks nice, but he's in a hurry to get in Yuma's pants.

Accurate representation of what's happening so far.

recchuun
Pai! 2 discussion 12 Jul 11:27
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

God dammit japan! When will you finaly realize that you don't need two genders for a working, sexy relationship!

I was gonna say that, much to surprise us by being the birthplace of yuri and yaoi, Japan is a country that not long ago was still living in the Middle Ages where suicide was the most normal thing in the world... but as I wrote it, I remembered that there are countries that carry much more time in "modern times" and yet homosexuals are getting into prison and even condemning to death just for being gays so... it could be worse. xD

Personally, I think it will be a matter of time. Apparently less flexible countries (like, and surprisingly, Spain) have give up with that crusade, accepting and regulating it so I think that at some point Japan will eventually do the same and legalize gay marriage.

And with that, culturally acceptance and seen it as "normal" is a matter of time.

My two cents on this issue: Japan isn't as "open" as you would think they are. They try to display it that way in terms of entertainment and media, but they're mostly stereotyped and rather portrayed in a negative light despite the attempts to clear such possibly harmful "traits." But yes, Asia (due to a mix of Christianity and Confucianism) neglect and deny homosexuality (And everything else on the LGBTQ+ spectrum), but now that it's coming into light, it won't be long until most of Asia accepts it.

Give or take another decade or two (at most, I'm hoping); change doesn't come in a day.

last edited at Jul 12, 2015 11:28AM

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Dang that was ridiculously great art.

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

I like this. I like how the characters stated they had talked this through many times before, and had mutually agreed to break up knowing that it probably wouldn't have lasted forever. Yes, they could have tried and gotten that ~common~ yuri ending where everyone ends up happy, but I think this is a much more realistic view of how people sort of drop relationships and that relationships aren't everything to a person's being.

This was nice. And very well executed. Kudos to Takemiya Jin for being constant in her good work.

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

This troubled face didn't make my heart race at all.

Out out ye devil.

On the other hand, this was really cute.

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

I'm excited. I am super excited for this.

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

This is pretty romantic and cute for this mangaka

recchuun
Cocytus discussion 06 Jun 16:32
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Cocytus translates to the River of Wailing in Greek so, we'll have to see which direction this goes lmao.

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Whenever I see Itou Hachi, I'm ready to clutch my heart and keel over.

recchuun
Citrus discussion 23 May 21:34
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

So many mixed feelings about Citrus

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Well, that middle part there was a lot more uncomfortable than I thought it would be.

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

RIP all the herbivore dinosaurs that gave up their lives to provide us with dinosaur yuri. Your sacrifice will never be forgotten.

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Smooth. So, so very smooth. GDI Kaga

recchuun
Baby You discussion 08 May 01:18
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Now that I've reread it, I conclude this is yet another wonderful oneshot delving into the real life scenarios. Some people you'll never see in a romantic light, and she's saying "I'll fall in love again" so there's really no point in pursuing something she knows won't work and it'll only hurt them both in the future.

Either way, good job. I like Nishi Uko's works so much.

recchuun
Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

This was wonderful and beautifully done. I kind of hope we get a little side story into their cute relationship because... it's super cute, and I'm really glad it went through the entirety of their life like that. Even without little details, it was evident this was a much better love story than actual romances.

Bittersweet and incredibly well-done. Thanks for that.