Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

The absolute madman just went and faxed a 50 years old flyer like it's nothing. Amazing.
Matsuri and Miss Sunflower had a date, got closer and now their bond is even deeper than before. All in all, a big win right here.
And we need that panel of Matsuri's heart shaped speech bubble as a reaction image.

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

I'm not crying yall are crying

Thanks as always for the update <3

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Not that there was ever any question, but this chapter solidifies this being one of my favorite manga. Truly an amazing chapter.

I will say finding myself in tears because of this series was unexpected.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Not that there was ever any question, but this chapter solidifies this being one of my favorite manga. Truly an amazing chapter.

Ik,r? This is love. It may or may not be romantic love, but it’s nothing but love.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch61#24

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yup- but we cant say it ISNT romantic love either :) (for miss sunflower I mean- its pretty clear it is for Matsuri).
And nor do we know what it might develop into in the future- probably after the series ends.

This isnt really the type of series im expecting a definate yuri ending with- and as much as i'd love that, it isnt super needed either- as long as they are stil together and there is the possiblility of it going that way.

Amazing chapter, seeing Miss sunflower being so open and honest with Matsuri for a change!

last edited at Apr 13, 2022 9:32PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

The series is 13 volumes in total so there's still lots of room for more developments, I'm positive it'll be good :3

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Oh my god it basically was a date.

This had to be the cutest chapter in the series so far. Matsuri has definitely broken through the walls Miss Sunflower has put up, and Miss Sunflower is clearly very happy about it.

I don't know how their relationship is going to end, but I am rooting for these two harder than any other burgeoning couple.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Ik,r? This is love. It may or may not be romantic love, but it’s nothing but love.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch61#24

I seriously thought there might be a confession there

joined May 1, 2015

Matsuri is such a good girl. I wish for her happiness.
Ms. Sunflower smile is also very healing.
I am glad she is opening up more and more.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Can anyone spare some insulin?

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

It's really underrated. Such a gem

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This chapter sure works hard to keep her real name hidden... :D

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

Gdi, they're so cute
I love how Matsuri and Miss Sunflower actually take their time to get to know each other, how they cherish and care for each other, how warm and gentle their relationship is. This manga has done a pretty good job of keeping its slow and relaxed pacing, while developing main character's relationship slowly and steadily.
It's been a pretty long, but nice and wholesome journey. Since chapter 1, Matsuri and Miss Sunflower really have come a long way...

last edited at Apr 14, 2022 5:40AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Pretty long? 11 years so far lol. I wonder if its the longest ever running 'yuri' series?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Pretty long? 11 years so far lol. I wonder if its the longest ever running 'yuri' series?

And that's just the translation, according to MAL the manga actually started publishing in 2009.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Gdi, they're so cute
I love how Matsuri and Miss Sunflower actually take their time to get to know each other, how they cherish and care for each other, how warm and gentle their relationship is. This manga has done a pretty good job of keeping its slow and relaxed pacing, while developing main character's relationship slowly and steadily.
It's been a pretty long, but nice and wholesome journey. Since chapter 1, Matsuri and Miss Sunflower really have come a long way...

I agree with all of this, and I would even say that it’s not entirely clear that this series originally set out to develop along such serious lines as it has ended up doing. I recently re-read a big chunk of the beginning, and to me it feels like it first intended to be a (warm and gentle, always) episodic Cute Girls Doing Cute Things story, with the contrast between the nice but strict and stoical Miss Sunflower and the irrespressible genki girl Matsuri being the main point of interest, and with the romantic relationship that Matsuri desired seen as close to an impossibility—a sweet but mainly delusional aspiration by a juvenile Cloud-Cuckoo-Lander.

But eventually, as characters like Onii-san, Ayame, and especially the first Miss Sunflower were added, our Miss Sunflower’s emotional closed-off-ness was positioned less as an inherent aspect of her personality and as more of a problem to be overcome, and Matsuri’s thoughtful and diligent side became more developed. (It’s notable how thoroughly Matsuri thinks through Miss Sunflower’s possible reasons for coming to the book fair despite the age of the faxed flyer—as Matsuri would say, it’s because she’s always watching Miss Sunflower.)

I could be wrong, and maybe this series has always been playing a very long game. But although I’ve loved it from the start, I would not necessarily have predicted then that it would end up with the emotional depth that it has now or that the door to an actual romantic relationship between the MCs would be as open as it currently seems to be.

EDIT: In the notes to Vol. 5, the author says, “Originally I was aiming for two volumes,” so I guess it wasn’t always planned for the long game.

last edited at Apr 14, 2022 11:04AM

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

^^Damn, I just started reading a few months ago so I totally forgot this manga has existed for more than 10 years lol
I wonder if there are any old readers from the beginning, still here and follow this manga

last edited at Apr 14, 2022 9:10AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yes- we are here lol - im sure there's more than me.

I think I read the first chapters before they were on DS too so it might of been as far back as 2009. It amazes me this is one of the earliest yuri series i started reading and im STILL reading it.

last edited at Apr 14, 2022 11:06PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Hahaha, wonder if the magazine interview published her first love as a boy which is part of what threw the siblings off, on top of her practiced charm.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Someone's really on a roll with those releases ...

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

The gods have blessed us with more smol Yuu-chan-sensei!

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Author-sensei, I really admire your ability to make up stories! Please, tell us about your life."

joined Oct 22, 2020

You know I have the terminal gay because when I read this chapter and was confused at first why anyone would assume the first love was a boy.

joined May 1, 2015

Chapters with Yuu are always interesting.
Little Yuu is cute, a bit of a brat but cute nonetheless.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I love how Ayame just forgets that she's supposed to be mad for a second when confronted with Matsuri's pure positive energy :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.