Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That was cute about six different ways. Maybe my favorite: pouty Ayame-san.

joined May 1, 2015

So much sugar + eventual beach chapter.
I am glad to be alive.

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Aw, Ayame being pouty and jealous was super cute. And now we have sleepover with Matsuri and then a beach episode!

This was lovely!

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Are you jealous?"

She's Miss Sunflower, not Miss Subtlety.

joined Feb 13, 2022

this series is shaping up to be one of my all time favorites

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"Are you jealous?"

Fortunately, she recently read a book that modeled human emotions, so she was able to recognize what Ayame was feeling.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Are you jealous?"

Fortunately, she recently read a book that modeled human emotions, so she was able to recognize what Ayame was feeling.

Still doing better than the Mei-bot!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Vol 8 is amazing !!!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"Are you jealous?"

Still doing better than the Mei-bot!

Hey, that’s what reading is for!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Aww Ayame is jealous! She’s cute when she’s pouty.

Beach chapter!! This’ll be fun!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A jealous Ayame, and Matsuri being Matsuri. And the most hilarious bad feeling face from Himawari-san at the end. :D

Violin
joined Feb 10, 2022

This series is so comfy. Love to see that updates are being posted again!

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

"Are you jealous?"

The sunflower in flower language has many meanings. Happiness, optimism, honesty, longevity, peace, devotion. It's supposed to have the power to bring joy to people like the rays of sunshine. In different cultures it might have slightly different meanings. In Europe it's more like positivity and strength, admiration and loyalty, In Chinese culture they're said to mean good luck and lasting bliss (which is why they are often given at school graduations or to wish for business success). In all cases they look to the bright side of things, send positive vibes, put smiles on people’s faces and make you recall the many gifts in life.
All in all I say fuck subtlety, I'm for sunflower power all the way!

joined Apr 15, 2022

in your opinion is it full on yuri where they get together eventually or just unrequited love i have a feeling it's full yuri where they get together but it's a long slow burner which im fine with im enjoying this story a lot

last edited at Apr 21, 2022 9:09PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

in your opinion is it full on yuri where they get together eventually or just unrequited love i have a feeling it's full yuri where they get together but it's a long slow burner which im fine with im enjoying this story a lot

Nobody knows. Matsuri has been professing her (romantic) love for Miss Sunflower from the very first chapter. Miss Sunflower clearly has a great deal of affection for Matsuri, and is now more emotionally connected to her than to anyone else in her life.

Where that ends up remains to be seen.

last edited at Apr 21, 2022 11:02PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@clee_101 - Neither- Well, it IS full on yuri in the sense of its 100% romantic from Matsuri - but as for them ending up a couple- I think probably not (tho i'd love to be wrong).

Miss sunflower 100% loves and cares for Matsuri a lot, but we've had no real indication its romantic- that doesnt mean it isnt or cant become it though.

I think the series will end open ended as opposed to answering the question outright. Miss sunflower isnt going to outright ever say something like 'sorry i cant return your feelings in the same way' etc. I expect the series to end with them still together and looking like they always will be- i.e Miss sunflower takes Matsuri on to work in the shop with her- and we already know how important matsuri is in her life.

If we end with a setup like that, it is nice and open to the possibility that they later become a couple.
I'd be satisfied with that much - even if I hope for more.

last edited at Apr 22, 2022 2:36PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Miss sunflower 100% loves and cares for Matsuri a lot, but we've had no real indication its romantic- that doesnt mean it isnt or cant become it though.

You’re right, that’s the big question—what is Miss Sunflower’s relation to love, romance, and/or physical intimacy? We do know that her attraction is toward women, based on her love for the first Miss Sunflower. We also know that she’s been opening up emotionally, specifically because of the influence of Matsuri.

(Again, as an introvert myself, I can’t stress enough how much Miss Sunflower’s statement that she gets tired being with other people but not with Matsuri says about their compatibility, whatever form their connection ultimately takes.)

My guess is that after a moderate timeskip—say, when Matsuri graduates from university—we’ll see them still being together, but whether as a romantic couple or just as people being together I cannot say.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I just reread chapter 51 with Ayame and Miyako and....I ship it. The height gap just works for me. I'm hoping Yuu-san can find a wife too.

@clee_101 - Neither- Well, it IS full on yuri in the sense of its 100% romantic from Matsuri - but as for them ending up a couple- I think probably not (tho i'd love to be wrong).

Miss sunflower 100% loves and cares for Matsuri a lot, but we've had no real indication its romantic- that doesnt mean it isnt or cant become it though

I'm of the opinion that it will be reciprocated feelings between the two of them. I'm just going to be optimistic. We have to remember that Miss Sunflower has watched Matsuri grow up, but I think she'll get that "oh she's a woman now" moment and realize that her feelings are not just endearment but love. Well, that's what I'm hoping for anyways.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yeah, she does start to need to see her more as an adult- like Blastaar suggests just above, im kinda expecting a time skip where matsuri goes to college and when she returns, she starts working at the shop- or they become a couple- the whole, absence makes miss sunflower really realise what she had thing- and matsuri looking so much more mature on returning, and even if we dont see them hook up, we see from their interactions, like miss sunflower blushing, that her feelings have grown.

last edited at Apr 22, 2022 9:18PM

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Huh, age reveal! Ms. Sunflower and Matsuri aren't that far apart (although we could have guessed).

Looking forward to the required beach day chapter up next!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Well, I feel like we had already determined that Miss Sunflower was around that age, so it felt like more of a reveal for the characters than us.

joined Jan 14, 2020

mid-right panel is off: "The we could've" https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch64#4

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

"No need for books where we're going."

"I understood every word in that sentence, but they don't make any sense when put in that order."

joined Jan 14, 2020

Oh yeah, I liked the SFX. Not just dejected, but downtrodden.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Age reveal! ^_^

Maybe someday we'll even learn her name... :P

To reply you must either login or sign up.