Forum › Isn't The Moon Beautiful discussion

297d65821adeab31d0925ea77031aa1ea9d979a3_full
joined Mar 14, 2016

God damn Itou Hachi, may God bless you

joined Jan 22, 2015

My poor bleeding heart >.<'

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

They kissed! Does this even count as a romance manga anymore? There needs to be at least 100 chapters of contrived, pointless drama before I'm ready for that sort of thing!

In all seriousness, I'm pretty happy with the pace we've had so far. Takes its time to set things up, but it isn't so slow that I get bored waiting for something to happen. I love Itou Hachi's art too, so that helps.

I imagine most people here probably found Senri's past trauma quite predictable, but that's really the only grievance I had. A predictable reason isn't always a bad thing thing, of course. It was very believable, and I think most people can sympathize with something so grounded in reality.

I didn't notice Senri's eye until people here mentioned it. I need to pay more attention to things other than the text. The reveal was handled magnificently, though. Chiru brushing the hair out of Senri's eye affectionately is the perfect way to reveal it while highlighting how greatly Chiru cares about her.

Chiru is so heckin' charming. She's so sweet and affectionate, and she always tries her best. It's heartwarming, for sure. (I guess I'm a little bit envious of Senri, too. :P)

last edited at Jun 11, 2018 7:55PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Main couple is good but i want some love for my man Kayo.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I love stories like this. Where you can watch a relationship grow, from admiration, to friendship, and finally love. And as the relationship grows so does the MC, changing from a girl into a woman. I always find the moment where the love ignites into passion a little bittersweet, because it marks the passing of the girl into womanhood. In a sense the death of innocence. For some reason the pain makes the moment more satisfying, to me.

Okay on a less serious note. Can someone explain the difference between a dust cloth, and a handkerchief? Aren't they both just a square piece of cloth? I suppose a handkerchief can be more embroidered, but they don't have to be.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This was so cute. <3
But it's 3:42 where I am so I'll continue tomorrow. I only read chapter 1.

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

They kissed so i'm satisfied more than ever

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Okay on a less serious note. Can someone explain the difference between a dust cloth, and a handkerchief? Aren't they both just a square piece of cloth? I suppose a handkerchief can be more embroidered, but they don't have to be.

A dust cloth is a piece of cloth you don't care about. Used for wiping up dust, its appearance doesn't matter, and thus it usually doesn't look like much. A handkerchief is something one carries with them, and is intended to look nice. Many have fancy embroidery, some have lace around the edges, and just generally speaking they are meant to look good.

Note this is generally speaking: obviously people can use any cloth they want for either purpose, but what I said above is the normal perception of such things.

last edited at Jun 12, 2018 11:13AM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

A KISS, EVERYBODY
WE GOT ONE

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Chapter 8 is absolutely beautiful in so many ways.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I finally decided to read this and I'm glad I picked it up right as the kiss landed. It's such a heartwarming story. I really feel for Senri in this story, though she's a lucky girl to have such a loving wife

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Finally caught up with this, it's so lovely. <3

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Senri's father had such long hair.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I finally decided to read this and I'm glad I picked it up right as the kiss landed. It's such a heartwarming story. I really feel for Senri in this story, though she's a lucky girl to have such a loving wife

Interesting take coming in at this point, because not so long ago one of the main complaints about the story was that Chiru was entirely useless as a wife (and to a lesser extent, that Senri was doing a poor job of showing her spouse how to be helpful).

Not that those things were entirely untrue at the time, but now it looks (to me anyway) like Chiru’s unadorned sincerity and affection are exactly what Senri needs to help her to deal with her traumatic past, and also that Senri may have kept Chiru at arm’s length from the apothecary business because of her awareness of the toll that business has already taken on her and her family.

I think I’d say that, although I love Itou Hachi’s fluffy cuteness under almost any circumstances, I’ve been waiting for this story to move beyond being a rehash of Legally Married Yuri Couple and bring its own themes into sharper focus, and to me this latest chapter really accomplishes that.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Chapter 8 is probably the best one yet by far, I loved it.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

What a beautiful moon duwang. I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Not to sound greedy/ungrateful, but originally I would have preferred Legally Married to get more chapters scanlated over this one. Now I get it. Thanks for the hard work, Yuri-ism!

joined Apr 12, 2015

They finally kissed. I have died and ascended to heaven.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Attaching a 'can't burn' sticker to Chiru is pretty messed up, considering Senri's circumstances.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Frikken finally, a kiss! So cute my eyeballs melted.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Awooo
On page 5

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I'm confused. Which page has the kiss? (O_o)

last edited at Oct 27, 2018 6:46PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm confused. Which page has the kiss? (O_o)

Previous chapter is the reference, I believe.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Morning glories in JoJo and now morning glories in this xD

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Morning glories belong to Kase-san.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

ch10 is really cute. i could see how it would be done in an animated adaptation to, though that probably won't ever happen

To reply you must either login or sign up.