Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

Nana8
joined Jul 27, 2018

So, will manga get different ending or not?

I don't think different ending is waiting for them, result probably will be the same like anime

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Shait's about to go down!!!11

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joined Jun 17, 2018

I think even if they hadn't returned to their apartment for the ring, they still would have failed in escaping. I really cannot believe that amateurish fake passports made by an unexperienced kid like Satou will be able to pass Japanese Immigration. Modern passports are biometric ones. Even high-quality fake passports made by criminal gangs have been caught out by Biometric Identification.

And even if they miraculously pass the Immigration and succeed in fleeing from Japan, the outside world will be too cruel for 2 Jap kids. Their situation can be worse and worse until Satou have to whore herself to earn their living which surely is not Happy Sugar (& Salt) Life anymore.

Azu_nyan_nyan_nyan_gif_1_by_jaegirlsdeviant438-d7ednu6
joined Oct 8, 2016

So, will manga get different ending or not?

I don't think different ending is waiting for them, result probably will be the same like anime

Eh, you killed the last ray of hope in me(

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

heir situation can be worse and worse until Satou have to whore herself to earn their living which surely is not Happy Sugar (& Salt) Life anymore.

she was literally already doing that prior to meeting shio

joined Jun 12, 2019

Idk if I liked the anime ending so I’m kinda hoping this ending will be different. If it isn’t that’s fine too

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

SATOU YOU STUPID BITCH DON'T GET THAT DAMN RING

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

OHHH MY GOOOOOOOOOD

joined May 29, 2019

I personally thing the anime ending was great and fit the series well as a classical tragedy, but I still just want a bullshit happy ending where they fly off to Guam and nobody checks Satou's passport too closely.

I do agree that Satou going back for the ring, and her taking it off while dealing with Shouko's corpse, was a bit contrived, but I have an interpretation of that that I believe fits. You see, the ring is an object representing Satou's and Shio's bond, and since Shio is Satou's sole reason for living, such an object has extreme sentimental value. Satou makes a big deal about the purity of her emotions, and so she wouldn't want an object that is so pure in her eyes to be tainted by something as impure as a corpse, especially of someone that she murdered for the sake of that pure love. I actually think that Satou said something to the effect during the chapter, but it was my interpretation during the anime airing as well.

heir situation can be worse and worse until Satou have to whore herself to earn their living which surely is not Happy Sugar (& Salt) Life anymore.

she was literally already doing that prior to meeting shio

Satou wasn't whoring herself out to make a living, she was just having lots of mindless sex while looking for love. You could argue that she was a slut, but a whore charges money.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Yup. Same ending as the anime. A bit disappointed, we need Happy Shio Life now

joined Jun 23, 2017

That wasn't a very happy ending :(

Can Waterflame start translating some happy yuri now? Between this and Gakkou Gurashi I'm starting to get sad.

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 8:15PM

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

Holy Shi-!

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

I think we got a Kannazuki No Miko ending here, but unlike KNM, Sato is reincarnated and she is the "little girl" now waiting for Shio whom is a teenager/adult by now. Well, better than the anime ending if we think this way!

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I should probably just read the last chapter to fill my curioustity since I haven't hactually read this one besides the first two chapter, but, could someone give a tl;dr of how this ended?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I pretty much quit reading this after she slit her friend's throat. Is there any good reason to read it now?

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

but how did she survive tho?

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 9:00PM

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

I think we got a Kannazuki No Miko ending here, but unlike KNM, Sato is reincarnated and she is the "little girl" now waiting for Shio whom is a teenager/adult by now. Well, better than the anime ending if we think this way!

It's not reincarnation. It's a complete life change. You get stories where the hero had a great love, and never dates or seeks love again after that great love dies; that's the case here. She speaks of Sato as separate, but part of her due to the happiness and life they had. Read back on the manga; Sato's pretty much the ONLY one who ever gave her 'unconditional' love. Dad was abusive, Mom had her own hangups from "shit rolls downhill", her brother required her to fulfill a certain role, to be the 'pure' one, same as Taiyou.

That's why the author had the flashback at the end; to reaffirm that idea. "It doesn't matter where. my love is my love, i only want you to welcome me home, and your love is your love. i love you, and that's what's important".

Yes, it was a traumatic experience. But like any trauma, it affects you deeply. As a survivor of some shit myself, it still affects me over a decade after it happened. But a deep experience like that doesn't have to be inherently negative. While yeah, overall Sato was REALLY Yandere for Shio, notice that she never went yandere to Shio herself. Only anyone who threatened Shio or her connection to Shio.

but how did she survive tho?

Sato sacrificed herself. took all that kinetic energy and acted as a cushion for Shio.

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 9:10PM

Dynasty-edited-winter-pharm
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 29, 2010

I'm glad the series is over.

Not sure how I feel about it but I'm glad that it's over at least.

joined May 24, 2014

Wonderful, wonderful bleak ending!!

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

I'm glad the series is over.

Not sure how I feel about it but I'm glad that it's over at least.

Eh, i think how it affects you depends on how you were raised yourself. i've only just realized the well of repressed anger i have from childhood PTSD from my dad being abusive growing up (just for context, one of those 'education' types towards me where grades and intelligence were the only values; he was MUCH more lenient to my younger sister). So i can understand Shio's side and response and how she develops into teenage-dom. Copying the only one who 'loved' her (since love is such a big theme in this series). As i said in another post, Sato was the only really 'unconditional' love Shio experienced.

Wonderful, wonderful bleak ending!!

Wouldn't call it bleak; more like....cynical yet still hopeful? Like, Shio cut off all the ones who were love with harm. She's living for herself and the one that's gone that loved her and sacrificed for her.

EDIT: Weirdly enough, this comes to an end here right when i've been confronting my father and confirming memories i didn't know where true or not as well within the last couple of weeks, so it's been....cathartic.

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 9:39PM

!vanitas-emote-05
joined Jul 19, 2014

Now I'm just expecting Shio to find a girl who looks/acts similiar to Satou and have the role reversal.

Talk about a bad ending.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

A big part of me really wanted the two of them to be happy together. :(

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

When the anime aired the ending, I hated it with all my being, wanting a happy end for the both of them. Now that some time has passed, I've come to realize that there WAS no happy ending for Sato because she's beyond saving once she crossed the line and became a murderer.

However that's only for Sato, Shio's story on the other hand still hasn't ended and since she received both the pureness of Sato's love and the bitterness that came from losing her, hopefully, she grows up and becomes a better version of Sato, one who's properly equipped to deal with this author's universe (because lets face it their universe is not the same as ours, its only made of suffering and filled with awful people) without resorting to anything drastic like Sato did.

Also hopefully she finds her own yuri partner and have a proper Happy Sugar Life with them

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 10:00PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.