Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

So it's over, huh?
Tbh for me this manga ended when friend-chan's life ended - I think she was the only character in whole series that actually cared for our Yandere MC and didn't deserve her fate. Inb4 loli love - no, brainwashed underage is not source of legit feelings, at least for me.
Actually this ending was fitting - after Sato killed first person there was no going back for her, giving her happy end (happy suggar life?) would be a joke.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wow, the Happy Sugar Life Violated My Moral Standards At Chapter _____ Essay Contest entries are fascinating.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

iirc there is no real sane people in the manga anyway

joined Nov 12, 2019

Wow, the Happy Sugar Life Violated My Moral Standards At Chapter _____ Essay Contest entries are fascinating

My poor manga pepehands

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Now I'm just expecting Shio to find a girl who looks/acts similiar to Satou and have the role reversal.

That's how I expected this to end back when I started reading it. It just felt like one of those stories that repeats itself.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Bitch(not hateful) no! That's not how physics work, they dead...

Did you not see Sakura Trick? Normal physics don't apply to lesbians.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Taiyou got fixed, how? well nvm, he got a happy ending of sorts

I doubt that, he had a Shio poster on his pocket ...He might just be so out of it ,it looks like he is "happy"

joined Apr 27, 2014

How did she survive that fall? Imposible.

Yeah, she shouldn't have done. Having Sato "switch places" somehow during the fall to "cushion" her fall would've done nothing from that height. Terminal velocity and all that. But it's whatever.

The impression I got was that Shio essentially grew up to be like Sato, since she was already so damaged psychologically, and had adopted a belief that Sato's "love" was the only love that mattered and made it an important cornerstone of her own identity.. That final shot of her entering an apartment, while appearing to be roughly Sato's age, seems to indicate that history is repeating itself. At least that was my take on it.

I think that is what is happening yes. I wonder if there's another lost loli..hmm...

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I doubt that, he had a Shio poster on his pocket ...He might just be so out of it ,it looks like he is "happy"

It's referring back to his flawless strategy for going back to having a normal life back from https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_sugar_life_ch18#13

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

The real tragedy here is that the manga actually had the same ending as the Anime.

20200611_003300
joined May 9, 2019

This thing gave me trauma lmao

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

The real tragedy here is that the manga actually had the same ending as the Anime.

the truth has be spoken. I mean, what was the point of continuing the manga when it ends EXACTLY THE SAME as the anime.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Auntie was the best character

joined Apr 27, 2014

It's referring back to his flawless strategy for going back to having a normal life back from https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_sugar_life_ch18#13

Ahhh,got it.

joined Apr 27, 2014

I just want to know one thing...so did the Auntie, best character imo, did something inappropriate to Sato, such as molesting or something or she was just...tainting her by example with her idea of "love" ??

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I just want to know one thing...so did the Auntie, best character imo, did something inappropriate to Sato, such as molesting or something or she was just...tainting her by example with her idea of "love" ??

There's been no indication or implication that she abused Satou physically. However, just growing up in that apartment would probably be traumatizing on its own. I don't know what it'd do to a child to have to witness their guardian regularly bring in "lovers" who beat her senseless.

joined Apr 27, 2014

There's been no indication or implication that she abused Satou physically. However, just growing up in that apartment would probably be traumatizing on its own. I don't know what it'd do to a child to have to witness their guardian regularly bring in "lovers" who beat her senseless.

Hmm, yeah, that alone must be enough to explain why Sato was,well the way she was. Thanks

joined May 24, 2014

the truth has be spoken. I mean, what was the point of continuing the manga when it ends EXACTLY THE SAME as the anime.

Because it couldn't end any other way

joined Dec 11, 2014

Because it couldn't end any other way

both could of died and been together in death or Satō getting arrested and later breakout and get back shio

last edited at Nov 12, 2019 3:14PM

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

Yeah, way too many people assume abuse is primarily or purely physical.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I was half expecting Shio to end up with that girl that was obsessed with Satou, but that probably would have been too happy for this manga

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Well after having stopped reading this in the middle of the series, I did read the last 2 chapters. Then I decided to read it from the beginning so I would understand it better. I made it all of 3 or 4 pages until I saw Sato's friend, then I remembered. I guess I literally cannot read any more of this story any longer. I'm dropping out.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, that was happy, indeed....

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Fire in the sky. Can't you see that all my castles are burning.

-Ozzy Osbourne

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Not going to lie, despite already knowing how this was going to end via the anime, I'm still pretty upset with it.

Satou successfully ruined the chances of her ever getting better. She's so damn young that it's a real tragedy. She is the kind of person who has the best chance of moving on from her traumas in a proper setting. But she's just..done with all that now. All that old pain, her old family, her brother who actually cares about her. Okay, great. Now she's going to be wholeheartedly devoted to a dead serial killer for the rest of her life. Is she happy right now? Sure, I guess, in the same way an insane person might be happy with themselves for being the president of the world.

I really hope that last panel wasn't her abducting some kid she thinks Satou was reborn into, starting the tragedy all over again...

I'm usually pretty okay with more depressing or twisted stories, but the way this one unfolded laid bare some emotions about this sort of story that just makes me cringe. The art really creates a disconnect between what's happening and how it's portrayed, which probably gives you a false sense of security even though things are falling apart from all sides. Can't say I'd ever recommend it to anyone, but I suppose I appreciate it for what it is, even if I think the ending sucks as there's no catharsis at the end for the readers to catch their breath. It starts depressing and ends even more depressing.

last edited at Nov 13, 2019 12:23AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.