Forum › Fragments of Love discussion

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

This is probably the most frustrating series Takemiya Jin has created.
It feels nothing was resolved at all.

Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

FYI these are the two mysterious older women that are in a lot of this series. They even say that one physically attacked and scarred the other, who slept with her boyfriend. Etc. And it's a mystery to the main character how they can be so close, whether they're in a relationship or not, etc. Since that's much later in time, effectively that's how the series ends for them.

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

:D I can't wait for the other extras to get translated!!

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

At least they're "together" in the present even if they haven't linked up yet, it'd be sad to leave it where she just moved away forever.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Well I missed out on not reading this.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I feel simultaneous satisfaction and dissatisfcation from Love and Piece. It hurts a bit.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Honestly, I'm just glad that Love and Piece didn't end in some super dark place. I don't mind some ambiguity, because I feel like everybody is headed in a positive direction. Plus, there's still the volume 3 extras to look forward to.

And all thanks be to the folks at Lililicious for sticking with it for so long.

joined Sep 21, 2015

It took me some time to remember what the plot was after so long, but thanks so much for the translation! Those two were my favorite characters from the manga, it's a bit shocking that they have such a strange story. We'll see how it all ends when the last extra chapters appear ^^

joined Jul 8, 2013

Jesus, Takemiya, how are you this terrible at endings...? I've read all of Takemiya Jin's works and I swear to god there are only like two endings that I don't absolutely hate. And don't even get me started on the stupidity of the characters...So is this the final chapter? Is this seriously how it ends? I know there are Extras but do they actually add to the story at all or are they ACTUAL extras?

last edited at Sep 21, 2015 7:23PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Jesus, Takemiya, how are you this terrible at endings...? I've read all of Takemiya Jin's works and I swear to god there are only like two endings that I don't absolutely hate. And don't even get me started on the stupidity of the characters...So is this the final chapter? Is this seriously how it ends? I know there are Extras but do they actually add to the story at all or are they ACTUAL extras?

Maybe stop reading Takemiya's work entirely? Since you really don't seem to be enjoying it, I'm surprised you didn't stop ages ago.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

It feel so bad that she lose her virginity with that thing, boo-boo-boo

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I wouldn't call the story over just yet. The "extras" include one more chapter in vol 2 and close to a third of vol 3 (several chapters). They all focus in the present time, and while I haven't actually read them, I'm willing to bet they'll include some hints on some of the directions things are likely to go. Edit: Like "Looking to Tomorrow" (the final chapter in vol 3) contains the hint that Mika finally gets a girlfriend.

It feel so bad that she lose her virginity with that thing, boo-boo-boo

I agree; that's a horrible way to lose your virginity. If it were me, I'd probably feel almost as though I was raped. Though I've done some really stupid things, thankfully I've never been quite that stupid.

Edit: Calling that (I'm at a loss for words) a thing... It's insulting to all the perfectly good things out there.

last edited at Sep 21, 2015 8:24PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

What would constitute a terrible ending? Because if it is a 'happy ending' that you seek, there are plenty of those in Takemiya's works. Love Flicker, for example, is just happy endings piled on top of each other.

That being said, this particular work is somewhat unsatisfying in its endings, at least for me personally. Not because of the rejection scenario, but because the rejection (on Miku's part) came pretty much out of nowhere, from my point of view, that is. The story seemed to be building towards Miku developing feelings for Mayu, and then...

As for the extras, this latest addition was somewhat frustrating. So, Takako saved (with great personal sacrifice on her part) Yui from an obvious (painfully so) jerk, and yet, the only thing Yui can think of is "she has taken away the only place blablabla". And then proceeds straight to attempted murder?! I mean, what the bloody hell? The bit with her reexamining her own feelings later was an excellent ending (for me, at least), but the part that preceded it...

last edited at Sep 21, 2015 8:31PM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

For me fragments love is about the journey a character takes to realise their feeling and to admit to them. It's another story if those feeling come into fulfilment. The main plot of Miku getting over the hurt of her first love is what the story of fragment of love is about. The person that helps her with those feelings is of course Mayu. But doesn't mean we will get a relationship out of that because the story isn't about that.

This side storyline of Yui is about coming to a realisation of her feelings. There has to be conflict for that to happen, so Takako losing her virginity to Yui boyfriend to show Yui that he is an asshole. Plus, it also shows that Takako has always been there for her. Her going bat shit crazy and stabbing Takako can only be explained that the author wants to create a more melodramatic conflict in order for there to be a forced separation for the pair. Honestly, the ending was excepted because as the title says fragments of love. There is no healthy loving relationship in this manga and I don't expect there to be one.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I might have to re-read this later on, its been so long...this ch was good, tho "unfamiliar" since I hadnt read this in a long while...that sneer she drew was super creepy I knew it was gonna go bad from there...

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

I love this series. I keep coming back to it every few months to read it again.

joined Feb 27, 2014

After stepping back from the punch in the gut that Love and Piece was and examining the series as a whole, I still love it. They obviously moved past this to form a friendship at least. I can live with it.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I love Takemiya Jin's work. I agree with how awful this story is, which makes it very funny in context: the two women pretty much refused to go into the details of their past relationship to the main character, right? And now, we, the readers, know EXACTLY why. It's out of kindness :) "let's not traumatize her so badly she gives up on relationships forever" "agreed."

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

i don't get it. who ended up together? who was at the door mika greeted? was it the woman from this page?

last edited at Sep 23, 2015 6:33AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

i don't get it. who ended up together? who was at the door mika greeted? was it the woman from this page?

It's a new girl. And they didn't end up together (yet), rather it's a new beginning for her.

Yui and Takako are somewhat together; Takako just needs to cross that small distance between them.

joined Sep 9, 2013

This is probably the most frustrating series Takemiya Jin has created.
It feels nothing was resolved at all.

Which is why I love it !!!

joined Sep 21, 2012

A box cutter?!?! Haha. Ah well.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Just read all of this for the first time. Mika has to be one of my favorite protagonists of all time. Real, and blunt, and actually SOLVES problems by using her head, all while still slowly showing us that she has her own flaws too, that she's human.

I'm still processing a lot of it, so I'm sure I can't do it justice right now, but wow. Definitely going on my favorites list.

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

Maybe stop reading Takemiya's work entirely? Since you really don't seem to be enjoying it, I'm surprised you didn't stop ages ago.

To be blunt, they are all together in present time.
Mika found a new chick. Her "normal relationship" is how Mayu would put it. I'm going to assume this is all hinted like the story is told by Mayu dreaming of the past in Looking to Tomorrow. And I don't speak for the author so I'm just going to assume that the author just gives hints here and there so if you don't/want to figure out stuff then that's just too bad. Just give the story another thorough read through from start to finish. It's not hard to draw up your own conclusions.

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

Love and piece

To reply you must either login or sign up.