Forum › Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon discussion

joined Jan 8, 2014

Ugh, this ch. felt so cheap...I mean come on of course kobayashi knew tooru was always that cute! ....
If not then it means I havent been reading yuri o.O
I feel dirty

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I dunno guys. You all scream it's not yuri anymore, but just cuz Kobayashi got a temporary dick didn't mean she all of a sudden identified as male. Gender identity is a thing....In my opinion this made it more "yuri" since I saw it as Kobayashi realizing her feelings more, but eh I won't think too much more into it.

And about Tooru wanting to jump Kobayashi's bone after finding out she had a dick? Hell if that happened to my gf, I'd do the same. New thing to play with! It's already established that Tooru likes Kobayashi for Kobayashi and not for her gender. I don't see it as Tooru all of a sudden only wanting to have sex after seeing the dick. She's been trying to jump Kobayashi's bones from the beginning.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I dunno guys. You all scream it's not yuri anymore, but just cuz Kobayashi got a temporary dick didn't mean she all of a sudden identified as male. Gender identity is a thing....In my opinion this made it more "yuri" since I saw it as Kobayashi realizing her feelings more, but eh I won't think too much more into it.

And about Tooru wanting to jump Kobayashi's bone after finding out she had a dick? Hell if that happened to my gf, I'd do the same. New thing to play with! It's already established that Tooru likes Kobayashi for Kobayashi and not for her gender. I don't see it as Tooru all of a sudden only wanting to have sex after seeing the dick. She's been trying to jump Kobayashi's bones from the beginning.

Can you please stop being reasonable? This is a serious ex-yuri manga after all! The implications are very obvious, Tooru is 100% hetero and there is no way the entire penis thing was just done for laughs! Wake up people! The end is near!

Thousand Scars
Hair_stars
joined Apr 14, 2016

Penises are evil.

joined Jan 8, 2016

I just thought the set up, characterization and the punch line was shit

Dick Kobayashi shouldnt work like a prepubescent teen.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

You can say whatever you want, but in that page when Tooru forgot about every kind of her supposedly romantic feelings towards Kobayashi herself and just wanted to fuck, 'to not lose the chance' was probably the point when this was finally killed for me.

Let's just wait and see how this author is going to destroy Furumapura next. I guess in the end an author who has a pretty thick past as (h)het artist cannot be easily hidden.

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Ok. I will reminds some of you. This is ****ing 'COMEDY' manga, and yuri is the side tag obviously. And I don't think the love Tooru have for Kobayashi-san has change. Seriously even if Kobayashi-san don't have a dick Tooru is surely gonna try to rape her or seduce her anyway. And imagine if your girlfriend has a dick for 1 day. It nothing to do with a dick, but your girlfriend. IMO

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Can you please stop being reasonable? This is a serious ex-yuri manga after all! The implications are very obvious, Tooru is 100% hetero and there is no way the entire penis thing was just done for laughs! Wake up people! The end is near!

I think you mean 'Wake up Sheeple!'

joined Oct 12, 2013

I think you mean 'Wake up Sheeple!'

Dragons can't melt steel beams?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

whistles

It wasn't the best chapter, but contrary to a surprising amount of others, this didn't change my perspective on this series at all. I laughed quite a bit, anyway.

Goodness...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Dick Kobayashi shouldnt work like a prepubescent teen.

Iruru's cartoonishly crude and stereotypic understanding of humans in general, and males in particular, might of be relevant there...

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I means if the story was about a guy who turned into a girl for a day and being tempted into having lesbian sex with his gf/ jumped by his gf to try out lesbian sex... most would have seen it as random comedy. No one would even think that he is confirmed to be gay because of it

In that case, the only one who normally outrage then will be some religious nut who think the story was sending out a message to "poison young mind with lesbianism". So stop acting like a reversed-religion nut.

last edited at Aug 4, 2016 9:07PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I means if the story was about a guy who turned into a girl for a day and being tempted into having lesbian sex with his gf/ jumped by his gf to try out lesbian sex... most would have seen it as random comedy.

The only one who normally outrage then will be some religious nut who think the story was sending out a message to "poison young mind with lesbianism". So stop acting like a reversed-religion nut.

Actually I'd probably hate that because it sounds kind of crappy.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I means if the story was about a guy who turned into a girl for a day and being tempted into having lesbian sex with his gf/ jumped by his gf to try out lesbian sex... most would have seen it as random comedy.

The only one who normally outrage then will be some religious nut who think the story was sending out a message to "poison young mind with lesbianism". So stop acting like a reversed-religion nut.

Actually I'd probably hate that because it sounds kind of crappy.

Crappy comedy. Yes. But certainly not something to decide a character sexuality, or criticise the author to be sexist over

last edited at Aug 4, 2016 9:12PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

ppl in these forums overreacting to something? waaaaaaat? that almost never happens.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

You can say whatever you want, but in that page when Tooru forgot about every kind of her supposedly romantic feelings towards Kobayashi herself and just wanted to fuck, 'to not lose the chance' was probably the point when this was finally killed for me.

bby, tooru has been trying to fuck kobayashi for the entire series. its not out of character for tooru to jump at an opportunity to get impregnated by kobayashi.

chapter showed that kobayashi is legit into (maid) girls so iono why people arent talking about that instead of the now-gone dick.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I means if the story was about a guy who turned into a girl for a day and being tempted into having lesbian sex with his gf/ jumped by his gf to try out lesbian sex... most would have seen it as random comedy. No one would even think that he is confirmed to be gay because of it

The difference here is that for the hypothetical gender-bender bf, he wouldn't have any change on his/her feelings towards his/her gf and/or sexual attraction. Whereas Kobayashi has never showed actual interest on Tooru until she got turned into a horny dude.

While is indeed played for laughs, is hard to not end with a bad taste after reading the chapter.

joined Apr 28, 2016

The difference here is that for the hypothetical gender-bender bf, he wouldn't have any change on his/her feelings towards his/her gf and/or sexual attraction. Whereas Kobayashi has never showed actual interest on Tooru until she got turned into a horny dude.

While is indeed played for laughs, is hard to not end with a bad taste after reading the chapter.

I don't know... this is the woman who, first thing after getting drunk and losing her inhibitions, always strips Tooru. I kind of have to agree with a previous poster who suggested that it was simply the presence of something which makes attraction much harder to deny that made her realize that her feelings for Tooru might indeed be something more. Kobayashi just seems incredibly reserved in most situations and so doesn't exactly make her interest well known.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Fair point.

However because I already assumed that Kobayashi is 100% gay by this point, I will blame that extra over-consciousness to the lust Iruru injected in her. Or maybe as many pointed out, the unfamiliar body could simply made it much harder to control and suppress your urge

I means not only toward Tooru, even her lolicon tendency was up when seeing Kanna naked. Wouldn't it be a bit much to blame lolicon tendency on being male?

last edited at Aug 4, 2016 11:51PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

She was kinda giving Kanna funny looks back when she got dosed with Tooru's harebrained love chocolate too, mind...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't have time now, but I'm pretty sure there was a lot moments when Kobayashi shown genuine interest into Tooru, just not purely sexually, but she did warm up to her and become closer. Hell she stand up to her father admitting she knows it is totally crazy (which I took pretty much as confession of love).

risingstar3110 posted:

I means not only toward Tooru, even her lolicon tendency was up when seeing Kanna naked. Wouldn't it be a bit much to blame lolicon tendency on being male?

I took it more like "Now that I look at it with lust in mind, those girls bodies are indeed pretty sex." Iruru pretty much forcibly made Kobayashi aware of her preferences she was trying to ignore entire time.

joined Aug 6, 2015

I don't think the end of this chapter makes much sense. She got turned off when Tooru took off her maid uniform? But earlier in the chapter she was clearly turned on when Tooru came out of the bath and was only in a towel. That's a fairly obvious contradiction, right?

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Wouldn't one say the fact that Kobayashi is actively fighting those urges shows that Tooru and Kana are important to her? I mean it's kind of the point that Kobayashi as a overly-logical and seemingly apathetic person is starting to warm up to Tooru and Kana, like with meet the parents chapter. After all, I've always thought it was kind of the strength of Yuri to express feelings which extend beyond romantic or sexual. That aside, it's just a gag.

last edited at Aug 5, 2016 8:08AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Drew8898 posted:

I don't think the end of this chapter makes much sense. She got turned off when Tooru took off her maid uniform? But earlier in the chapter she was clearly turned on when Tooru came out of the bath and was only in a towel. That's a fairly obvious contradiction, right?

No. It was because she saw her taking it off. She consider Tooru a cosplayer, so when she already saw her naked it was ok, but when she saw her undressing from her maid outfit, she felt betrayed by cosplayer who abandoned their cosplay. At least I think that was the logic behind it.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

It's just a joke to show that Kobayashi's lust for maid is far greater than her lust for Tooru herself, which was demonstrated repeatedly prior to that just as a set up for that punchline.

To reply you must either login or sign up.