Forum › Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon discussion

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Nobody bothered to try and give any reason why this argument doesn't work and instead repeated what was already said dozen of times. It feels pretty pointless to have discussion thread where people don't even bother to discuss stuff.

No one's arguing that that isn't what happened. They just don't like it for reasons that have also been outlined many times in this thread already:

1) It's bad writing. It doesn't make sense given Kobayashi's characterization up until this point. She's always had a very understated sexual drive, and being so conscientious of Tooru's advances all of sudden is incredibly inconsistent behavior. You can chalk this up to her being turned into a man, but that leads to point 2):

2) It's sexist as hell. The only thing that's changed with Tooru this chapter is her gender, and according to Cool's writing here that automatically makes her a horndog. I really hope I don't have to explain how marginalizing an entire gender like that can be offensive to many people.

It's fine if those two points don't matter much to you, and more power to you if they don't affect your enjoyment of the series. But they matter to others, and there are people that will enjoy this series less because of this chapter.

Personally, I don't really care about point 1). I've never taken this series (or anything that Cool's written) very seriously and I don't hold their writing up to a terribly high standard. The writing in this chapter was lackluster, but not to an unexpected degree and I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Point 2) is what gets me. Now I certainly don't expect deep, meaningful exploration of sexuality and gender identity from this series. But this is where it crosses the line from shallow and unimaginative to ignorant and offensive.

Oh, there's also a point 3):

3) A lot of users here are hung up on the "purity" of yuri, and any acknowledgement of heterosexuality or even the existence of male characters throws them into a hissy fit.

I derive far too much schadenfreude from watching people in this thread lose it because Tooru did in fact want the d.

All that said, I think there's a lot of potential if the following chapters actually use the events of this episode to drive some development of Kobayashi's and Tooru's characters, as well as elaborate on the relationship between the two. But I'm not holding out much hope for that; my feeling is that everything will immediately fall back to the status quo in the next chapter and reference this incident little if at all.

last edited at Aug 8, 2016 8:21PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

^ A good summary of things for the past week, I agree with the observations

joined Aug 18, 2016

The entire idea of this story is a woman who is a slight drunk and maid enthusiast suddenly living with a maid dragon. And people are getting mad... cause the story... is... sexist...
Explain to me what part of this entire story gave you the idea any of it was going to live up to any standard of anything other than pointless comedy and something to smile at every now and again?

last edited at Aug 18, 2016 2:04AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That's dynasty's forum for you. Welcome !

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

37 chapters in and the recent chapter is the one everyone loses their shit on?

That's dynasty's forum for you. Welcome !

Yep, sums it up nicely.

Also, am I going insane or is this series getting an Anime like New Game?

joined Sep 21, 2014

It is.
I'll probs watch it. The animation style should probably be a cleaner, better looking version of Cool's sketchy, weirdly proportioned art

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

It is.
I'll probs watch it. The animation style should probably be a cleaner, better looking version of Cool's sketchy, weirdly proportioned art

This is what I've been waiting for. Dragon maid anime!

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I have a feeling the dragon fights are going to be upsettingly graphic

joined Sep 21, 2014

I did not realise Iruru was a child
Also draons
And wow that guy's face, probs the worst drawn face in this series lmao nice
I don't recall the "g word", when did they mention that Tooru gets triggered by it before?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

I did not realise Iruru was a child

She is oppai loli obviously.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That murderous face of tooru in the last page. XD

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

[harem intensifies]

joined May 7, 2015

Tooru in the last panel is unforgettable. lol

joined May 20, 2013

Suggested tag NTR

last edited at Sep 4, 2016 9:11AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I don't recall the "g word", when did they mention that Tooru gets triggered by it before?

Tooru has a beef with God
Dragon thing, I guess.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Didn't realise that Iruru is a child. I thought she was just one of those fake loli.

The anime gonna either be shit, or best thing since fried rice. No middle ground!!!

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was surprisingly anti-climatic

joined May 20, 2013

Someone mind explaining the sudden nosebleed?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Harem + 1

joined Nov 14, 2013

Tooru has a beef with God
Dragon thing, I guess.

She also fought the gods, and the gods almost killed her.
So yeah that can get you grumpy with higher powers.

last edited at Sep 4, 2016 11:14AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Someone mind explaining the sudden nosebleed?

Nosebleed? You mean this? Wasn't that just a delayed reaction to when she got hit upside the head?

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

another rival for Tooru, and dat face

joined Sep 4, 2016

This is great honestly

To reply you must either login or sign up.