Forum › Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon discussion

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Hahahaha well at least that's over lol XD Tooru is probably wondering what the heck I was so close Bahahaha

last edited at Aug 5, 2016 10:22AM

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Cool was like: "Damn, I accidentally created a yuri story... I don't like this kinda stuff... I just like shota x Big Boobs.... It must be a way around this situation.... Oh! I know! I gonna give Kobayashi-san the "thingy" for a little time. And then I'll make Tooru really turned on by the thingy, proving that Tooru likes men, making what Tooru said in the first chapter (http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kobayashi_san_chi_no_maid_dragon_ch01#9), meaningless. Solving this great misunderstanding! Case closed!"

joined Nov 11, 2010

Maybe I'm just easily amused, but I thought it was a fun gag...
Well, I guess this kind of discussion is normal when a product catering to a particular group does something that a lot of individuals in that group don't like.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Cool was like: "Damn, I accidentally created a yuri story... I don't like this kinda stuff... I just like shota x Big Boobs.... It must be a way around this situation.... Oh! I know! I gonna give Kobayashi-san the "thingy" for a little time. And then I'll make Tooru really turned on by the thingy, proving that Tooru likes men, making what Tooru said in the first chapter (http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kobayashi_san_chi_no_maid_dragon_ch01#9), meaningless. Solving this great misunderstanding! Case closed!"

I really hate to bait this further--and honestly, you don't have to try and convince me--but I don't see how 'Tooru finds it easier to be sexual with Kobayashi now that she has different equipment' makes her spoken intent on being sexual with Kobayashi meaningless...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm not freaked out by it or anything, but Tooru seeing the thingy and responding with "Now's my chance!" really does seem weirdly out of place, possibly even out of character. Up until that point, human sexual anatomy never seemed a big stumbling point to her, being a dragon and all.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I will say we've had enough bait & switch with yuri stuff (not necessarily stuff posted here, but in anime and so on) where you get loads of subtext, or even text, that evaporates on the presence of an interested male. So I can't blame people for being a wee bit touchy.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

I really hate to bait this further--and honestly, you don't have to try and convince me--but I don't see how 'Tooru finds it easier to be sexual with Kobayashi now that she has different equipment' makes her spoken intent on being sexual with Kobayashi meaningless...

I do not want to convince anyone... I just don't get it... Tooru lives with Kobayashi for a long time. She could have already taken the first step before ... Why Kobayashi have to have a "thingy" to get Tooru turned on like that? Girl x girl sex is a thing that exists.

__sister_nana_and_weiss_winterprison_mahou_shoujo_ikusei_keikaku_drawn_by_edoya_pochi__2cd83867ac2dfe82cf5a6b457d775603
joined Jan 26, 2016

I see the whole issue about Tooru coming onto Kobayashi all of a sudden was because she thought that she wouldn't be able to resist this whole newfound male lust. There have been previous chapters that Tooru had tried to come onto Kobayashi only to get rejected so it sort of makes sense for her to make a move if she thought she would have a better chance

last edited at Aug 5, 2016 5:12PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I do not want to convince anyone... I just don't get it... Tooru lives with Kobayashi for a long time. She could have already taken the first step before ... Why Kobayashi have to have a "thingy" to get Tooru turned on like that? Girl x girl sex is a thing that exists.

shes not excited because of dick, shes excited because kobayashi can get her pregnant now.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Tooru tried to get inside Kobayashi's pants a good number of time already in various ways, so no, she didn't wait for Kobayashi to get a thing to get turned on like that.

joined Jun 12, 2015

But she tried to jump her previously, so this was just another occasion for her. And the thingy wasn't that important to her since she would have gotten rid of it afterwards.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Girl x girl sex is a thing that exists.

Do you know that dragons know that? They're obviously not raised with the same ideas that humans are, especially considering that Iruru couldn't understand Kobayashi's lack of sexuality towards Tooru. How much do you think Tooru knows about things like that, especially if she was raised like Iruru/other dragons?

I'm not trying to defend the quality of this mini-arc but please don't make it seem like Cool is purposely scorning the concept of yuri.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Do you know that dragons know that? They're obviously not raised with the same ideas that humans are, especially considering that Iruru couldn't understand Kobayashi's lack of sexuality towards Tooru. How much do you think Tooru knows about things like that, especially if she was raised like Iruru/other dragons?

I'm not trying to defend the quality of this mini-arc but please don't make it seem like Cool is purposely scorning the concept of yuri.

The impression I got was that the male-female thing didn't particularly matter to Tooru, who really is equally fine either way. She doesn't have homophobic hang-ups, what's important is it's Koboyashi. Which is why it feels weird for her to be like "A thingy? Oboy!" since that's not how I saw her reactions from the start.

No clue what Cool had in mind, but I chalk it up as a clumsy misstep.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Ah, true love of this series. Kobayashi x maid costume and Tooru x Kobayashi's panties.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

You have a point there. Sorry, I have cooled my head now. XD
I do not hate this artist. I was only disappointed with "Komori-san wa Kotowarenai!", another work of Cool. I just want to hope that Furumapura and Maid Dragon does not leave the path of Yuri. I will not stop reading this story because of this mini arc or something like that.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Well, Tooru clearly loves Kobayashi. And is willing and eager to share her feelings with Kobayashi physically, passionately, and often. That's Tooru.
And the fact that Kobayashi had a thingy only added a bit of let's say spice, or fun, for Tooru. Not to mention that Tooru might have thought it would be wonderful to be impregnated by the one she loves.
Boy or girl, thingy no thingy, Tooru loves Kobayashi. Yup.

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

This chapter doesn't say the best things about men does it?
Like I'm never expecting anything great out of this manga but implying that just having a penis makes you super lustful/near unable to control yourself.........eh.

Besides it's not the penis that gives you a higher sex drive, testosterone does and I dont think you can magically give someone lots of that.

I think the implication isn't a statement about men

More like Tooru is attractive
Kobayashi never noticed that before this chapter

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

what thing? XD

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

And that is why is rubbing so many of us the wrong way. Why couldn't Kobayashi not Tooru's hotness without being turned into a guy?

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

kobayashi is maid sexual.....
its over yuri is dead.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

And that is why is rubbing so many of us the wrong way. Why couldn't Kobayashi not Tooru's hotness without being turned into a guy?

im assuming its because shes been treating everything as normal skinship between girls. when she got turned into a guy, it made her overly concious (because she was thinking "im a guy" during it) and she realized that whoa all that contact is actually really suggestive. it made her acknowledge the proverbial forest so to speak.

last edited at Aug 7, 2016 11:33PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuri Guy posted:

im assuming its because shes been treating everything as normal skinship between girls. when she got turned into a guy, it made her overly concious (because she was thinking "im a guy" during it) and she realized that whoa all that contact is actually really suggestive. it made her acknowledge the proverbial forest so to speak.

I already made that point, but everyone prefer to keep bitching about it.

joined Jan 8, 2016

"I made my point, therefore anything else is just bitching!"

Kobayashi having an 180° in personality is just dumb writing even if it's for the lulz, without a dick, she is constantly tired due to being overworked and has nothing resembling ANY sexual drive in any way without any supplement, the love potion is easily dispelled for a joke anyway, so what was the point even.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ratte posted:

"I made my point, therefore anything else is just bitching!"

Nobody bothered to try and give any reason why this argument doesn't work and instead repeated what was already said dozen of times. It feels pretty pointless to have discussion thread where people don't even bother to discuss stuff.

Kobayashi having an 180° in personality is just dumb writing even if it's for the lulz, without a dick, she is constantly tired due to being overworked and has nothing resembling ANY sexual drive in any way without any supplement, the love potion is easily dispelled for a joke anyway, so what was the point even.

If you say so. Have fun being mad over nothing. I'll just enjoy series as I was until now.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you say so. Have fun being mad over nothing. I'll just enjoy series as I was until now.

Okay.

To reply you must either login or sign up.