Forum › After Hours discussion

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I like it. I mean I would like it more if it wasn't for THE FREAKING OB FINALE CANt BELIEVE THIS I'm so angry rn

Don't even talk about it!! -_- So angry right now!

What is this?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Awesome, was waiting for this. Great start.

Hope this goes down the relationship development and exploration route, general tone is quite nice for it. Setting feels somewhat modern and I welcome it.

Love the art too.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 2:24AM

Img_3902
joined Apr 18, 2013

I like it. I mean I would like it more if it wasn't for THE FREAKING OB FINALE CANt BELIEVE THIS I'm so angry rn

What is this?

OB is a tv show on BBC America. It stands for Orphan Black and the season 3 finale was on last night.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Wow..That was new. I don't know what to expect next chapter. It feels really fluffy but it has the potential to be full-on angst or drama. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What is this?

OB is a tv show on BBC America. It stands for Orphan Black and the season 3 finale was on last night.

Delphine's not dead

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I've never been to a club in my whole life. Me thinks I should try it out now

Personally I don't like clubs, cuz I'm not a party person, kinda like the MC here.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I like their chemistry. Kei's style. The 'one night stand' that will be something more

joined Apr 1, 2013

Nice Story. I think this will have 8 chapters at the end. I can somehow not imagine it having more.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

I hope this won't go down the "Innocent girl falls for the player who's just in it for the 'fun'" route, because that's kinda the vibe I'm getting from it.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Nice start, let's see what direction it takes

joined May 19, 2011

After fluttering feelings and stretch, its nice to have a series that just dives right in.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Promising beginning. I like it. :)

Wild theory: I happened to watch a bit of Love Live! before stumbling on this one, and was wondering whether I am the only person who is somehow put in mind of a graduated Tsubasa (Kei) and Alisa (Emi)? Not sure why, but something about the way they are drawn reminds me of the two. In terms of wild theory that would also explain the dancing reference, and would point to the person Emi was planning to meet as Yukiho. end of completely obscure speculation

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

man i really dont like people like kei. they are very real and very selfish, evil people..

joined Jun 12, 2015

Interesting. I'll keep an eye on it. The setting reminds me a little the start of that russian yuri comic Club.

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

Sooo many Nana flashbacks... Looove it!! I didn't see any hipsters though (as someone said), I saw a lot of punks there, and the art it's pretty cool, looking forward for this one! 'Oi' (doing Sarah Manning's accent)... Yeah another OB fan here! :P

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Fiiiiinally a yuri story that feels refreshing and doesn't deal with angsty teenage wannabe lesbians at all-girls schools! Don't get me wring, I do like those stories, but lately they all feel very similar.
Really excited for the next chapters :D
Does anyone know how many there are going to be?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

If Kei picks her relationships just like she chooses her records, then maybe this time round she has found a love that is for keeps?

Loving the setting.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

man i really dont like people like kei. they are very real and very selfish, evil people..

Hmm I think you might be jumping the gun on judging Kei so quickly. She hasn't shown to be manipulative or sneaky to get into Emi's pants. From the get go she's been really flirty and open with Emi. Everything was pretty consensual to me and Emi liked it. They were just two girls who went out that night to have fun.

Maybe I'll eat my words when there are more chapters out and it goes the angsty route, but so far from ch 1, Kei doesn't seem like an evil person at all...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Let's be very, very real here:

Tuna salad ain't that tasty

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, I didn't get the part where Kei would be "evil" or selfish. She thought Emi was to her liking, so she made a move and Emi willingly went along. They didn't make any promise or declaration of love. They were both lonely that night and found comfort in each other, so what?

Unless Kei already has someone and she's cheating on them, she's perfectly normal to me.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

I don't know what I'd love the most, seeing this go down the "Kei think of it as a one-off thing while Emi thought it was the start of something new" route or just having it be them exploring their relationship and founding out new stuff about one another. Probably the latter, the earlier one is much easier to just get wrong and circle-drama-ing.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think it's going to be a journey for Emi to discover night life... or what happens "after hours".

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Finallyyyyyy a good nice story. It's pretty realistic, nothing hardcore, it made my heart go all doki doki that's how a Yuri manga should be >w< and it's only chapter one gohhhdddd I can't wait for next chapters (´,,•﹏•,,`)

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Ushio

I'm literally believe it or not clueless when it comes to sexual jokes, will someone do the honors of explaining ? O.Oz

Huehuehue...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

On a serious note, now that's what i call a refreshing yuri storie, with a sort of real setting. I'm so fed up with the usual "dramafest-full-of-misunderstanding-lovetriangles-barelyakissattheend", is it that hard for authors to come up with something new ... sigh

Finally someone understands me T__T

Anyway, so far it looks promising. I don't like how fast they ended up in the bed though. I'm not big fan of "we just met and kinda hit it off so let's have sex" attitude. I wish there was little more character and relationship development before that, but I can overlook that. Will have to see where story go first, before I judge it more.

Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
But here's my tuna
So eat it maybe

(Sorry, couldn't hold myself x3")

To reply you must either login or sign up.