Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

https://bookwalker.jp/dea22ada9b-2162-4787-a838-cdc92b536dcd/
Let's buy it

この作品は、日本国内のみでの販売となります。
購入後は海外でもダウンロードが可能です。

Based on google translate, the second sentence talks about how after being bought it can be downloaded overseas? But still only available within Japan? Think something was lost in translation. Just based on kanji I thought the second sentence might say it could be bought overseas.

I think it should say .
"This product is only for Japan domestic sale.
After purchase, you can download the data overseas."

Yep, that's exactly what it says when you click the link, LMAO.

joined Jun 30, 2016

Oh boy! its happening at last! how will things go? perfect? or everything will go south? cant wait!

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

ahh nothing really happened in this chapter

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Enjoyable but not much to say really, I guess... I'll wait for the next chapter.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Nothing really happened this month, the real thing starts the next one and the wait is painful, but at last, the play is finally here.
I do wonder if Sayaka's words are meant to be foreshadowing or merely a wish on her part that Touko will end up realising regardless. And she's right, even if the play goes wrong, Touko will learn something from it. Yuu on the other side is nervous and hopes it will be fine. Will the play do well or badly?

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 6:00PM

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I've come to love the interactions between Yui and Saeki. They often offer a lot of interesting insight on what's going on with Nanami from two very different and privileged points of view.
Plus I tend to like it when "rivals" aren't at each other's throars.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

AHHHHHHH EXCITEMENT.

Even though it was a tease and I thought it was starting. Archivally reading, I think it is good pacing so I'll endure the torturous wait.

But I love how far we've come, that for the first time it's possible to entertain the possibility Touko will be okay with failure or being less than perfect. Sayaka continues to earn my respect.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

...and here we go

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, I don't know who's more nervous--me or the actors. Actually, although this really was a bit of a tease--we didn't really need two "day-of-the-play" buildup chapters--for me this one totally dispelled the impression that . . . that bad thing might happen. You know, with the trains, and the "no destination" and all. That one.

I think we're good on that score.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Man I've been checking so many times over the last few days for the new chapter. Now back to waiting another month...

I guess my question being was Yuu telling her she isn't alone what she needed to hear at that moment or not.

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

Damn what a cliffhanger!

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

pleaselettheplaygoalright, pleaselettheplaygoalright, pleaselettheplaygoalright, pleaselettheplaygoalright, ....

I want a happy end to this without dragging out the drama excessively! (or perhaps I just get far too impatient with these things).

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Saeki is a worthy suitor/rival indeed. Yuu should share Touko with her, since Yuu's obviously falling for Touko. And a threesome on her birthday, so she won't think about her dead sister.

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

My thoughts on this episode is that it is a nice build up to the play with a nice focus on the two suitors for Touko. But two introductions as well, the return of Touko's parents and the new character of Nara sensei.

The father I see as another character in need of healing/redemption from the past or (hopefully not) someone to find Yuu and Nanami kissing to provoke more typical yuri drama.

Is Nara sensei pointing to a new path post the festival, maybe this not the only time this play is performed?

Maybe I am reading two much into this, but in the past Nakatani sensei does not introduce characters for no reason.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

why nakatani keeps doing this i get that the build up is important but come on
now i have to wait another month to get to the good part

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 12:06AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Saeki is a worthy suitor/rival indeed...

Just no.

I guess my question being was Yuu telling her she isn't alone what she needed to hear at that moment or not.

I think Nanami's slow response was out of her being nervous with no major implications

The father I see as another character in need of healing/redemption from the past

Agreed with the first part, I don't think the issue to him is actually that Nanami is doing the play, but because he doesn't want to remember or think about what happened.

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 1:39AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

OK, I don't know who's more nervous--me or the actors. Actually, although this really was a bit of a tease--we didn't really need two "day-of-the-play" buildup chapters--for me this one totally dispelled the impression that . . . that bad thing might happen. You know, with the trains, and the "no destination" and all. That one.

I think we're good on that score.

I always felt people were misreading that and overreacting. I never thought it was about suicide, but just the aimless malaise of someone who doesn't know who they want to be or what they want to do with their life.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Man I've been checking so many times over the last few days for the new chapter. Now back to waiting another month...

Well, I suspect that's a kiss happening in panel 4 of page 17. I don't see why you would cut her face out of the frame like that if you weren't implying that something lip related is going on off-panel, and Touko looks pretty stunned in the last panel.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Saeki is a worthy suitor/rival indeed...

Just no.

I think Nanami's slow response was out of her being nervous with no major implications

The father I see as another character in need of healing/redemption from the past

Agreed with the first part, I don't think the issue to him is actually that Nanami is doing the play, but because he doesn't want to remember or think about what happened.

I get the sense that he is actually worried about Nanami following her sister's footsteps. "She didn't need to, though" makes me think he's also worried that she doesn't have an identity of her own.

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 5:21AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I've come to love the interactions between Yui and Saeki. They often offer a lot of interesting insight on what's going on with Nanami from two very different and privileged points of view.

I can't really even see them as rivals, personally. They just both love Touko (who is, which bears repeating again and again, stupendously, inhumanly lucky to have not one but two extraordinary women love her this much), and both are content with just loving her. Rivalry implies that both would aim for the same goal, such as Touko's reciprocation, but they really don't have anything to fight over, so it's more of a bond than a rivalry (even though rivalry itself is a form of personal bond, too).

On the topic of the next chapter, I have a strong suspicion that it will jump directly to the aftermath of the play. I don't see any narrative point of writing out a story-with-a-story unless it goes completely off the rails and turns out to be more about the actors than about their (doubly fictional) characters. Skipping the play to only reiterate the key events and to deal with the aftermath would be a nice piece of elliptic storytelling that I am sure Nakatani would be able to write perfectly.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I can't really even see them as rivals, personally. They just both love Touko (who is, which bears repeating again and again, stupendously, inhumanly lucky to have not one but two extraordinary women love her this much), and both are content with just loving her. Rivalry implies that both would aim for the same goal, such as Touko's reciprocation, but they really don't have anything to fight over, so it's more of a bond than a rivalry (even though rivalry itself is a form of personal bond, too).

On the topic of the next chapter, I have a strong suspicion that it will jump directly to the aftermath of the play. I don't see any narrative point of writing out a story-with-a-story unless it goes completely off the rails and turns out to be more about the actors than about their (doubly fictional) characters. Skipping the play to only reiterate the key events and to deal with the aftermath would be a nice piece of elliptic storytelling that I am sure Nakatani would be able to write perfectly.

Eeeeh, I'm pretty sure Saeki has been holding out hope that if she stayed by her side, Touko might eventually reciprocate her feelings. She might suspect she's already lost, but I doubt she doesn't have any hopes. And Yuu DEFINITELY wants Touko to keep loving her. Her hand-wringing when the talk of confession was going on a few chapters ago said a lot about what she wants out of their relationship. It isn't an accident that the author worked in a side drama about a tragic confession story right before the play.

Also, the fact that we've seen so much of the plot of the play beforehand implies that it might go off the rails. I'm expecting Yuu to do something beautifully foolish during their pivotal scene.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Eeeeh, I'm pretty sure Saeki has been holding out hope that if she stayed by her side, Touko might eventually reciprocate her feelings. She might suspect she's already lost, but I doubt she doesn't have any hopes. And Yuu DEFINITELY wants Touko to keep loving her. Her hand-wringing when the talk of confession was going on a few chapters ago said a lot about what she wants out of their relationship. It isn't an accident that the author worked in a side drama about a tragic confession story right before the play.

I might have phrased that awkwardly... Of course both Sayaka and Yuu want Touko to reciprocate, but they are not actively doing anything towards that goal, because Touko is averse to any expression of love towards her, and because of that, neither can (or wants to) do anything to sabotage the other's chances. They just let events unravel as they happen, ready to metaphorically catch their beloved if she falls.

joined Nov 5, 2017

I always felt people were misreading that and overreacting. I never thought it was about suicide, but just the aimless malaise of someone who doesn't know who they want to be or what they want to do with their life.

This so much, I can't believe there were people speculating that Touko could try to kill herself or even consider doing it. And the whole train thing or those weird moments with Touko in chapter 23, I see them as a symbolism of her mental state and insecurities,not as symbolisms of a possible bad end. If anything, there are some hints (not so subtle now) that things will be fine.

Well, I suspect that's a kiss happening in panel 4 of page 17. I don't see why you would cut her face out of the frame like that if you weren't implying that something lip related is going on off-panel, and Touko looks pretty stunned in the last panel.

I don't think they kissed, I think that Nakatani was trying to put emphasis on Yuu's hands in the first panel. It would be also out of character for Yuu to do that, in a moment like that and possibly in front of other people around there.

and both are content with just loving her. Rivalry implies that both would aim for the same goal, such as Touko's reciprocation

I think it's inevitable that Yuu will deal with the feelings she has been repressing for a long time after the play is over, same with Sayaka.

Her hand-wringing when the talk of confession was going on a few chapters ago said a lot about what she wants out of their relationship.

Are you refering to chapter 24? Can't really remember anything like this recently.

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 7:50AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.