Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Fluffy Hair

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Anyhow, my bet is that Shiramine beats Kurosawa and then confess. Anyone has any other theory?

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Anyhow, my bet is that Shiramine beats Kurosawa and then confess. Anyone has any other theory?

Kurosawa beats Shiramine, like all the other times, and then confess.
Then Shiramine accepts, having accepted the fact that she will never be #1.
Doesn't mean Shiramine will slack off, though.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 10:28AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

1) Shiramine beats Kurosawa
Don’t see what else can happen, since it’s been the other way around all this time (Shiramine giving up on the competition just doesn’t seem to be in the cards.) The question is what the circumstances of that win would be—if Shiramine thinks it’s because Kurosawa is slacking off, there would be hell to pay. (The other possibility is a perpetual tie for best, but I don’t see what that accomplishes.)

2) Shiramine confesses
That’s got to happen in some way too, since Kurosawa has been one long confession from the very beginning. But (as they used to say in Tennessee) I also might could foresee first Kurosawa giving up as “not worthy,” and then Shiramine doing the, “Baka! Are you too stupid to see I love you back?” treatment.

Unlike some series where I’m anxious to see a big emotional confrontation, I’m actually fine with watching these two brainy idiots continue to twist in the wind for a while.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

And lol it seems the winner for the next student council is clear, would be really fun if they say "FROM NOW ON YURI IS PROHIBITED!!"

And start a school-wide riot? I don't think so. :D

joined Feb 18, 2015

Ah... a wonderful chapter!

A050c715-12ad-47a0-a5a0-e1654299fd79-4759-000005257e7af72a
joined Dec 22, 2015

So close to a full confession but no we all have to wait longer!!!. I'm not really trying to wait until the end of the manga to finally see the outcome...

joined Jan 8, 2017

So close to a full confession but no we all have to wait longer!!!. I'm not really trying to wait until the end of the manga to finally see the outcome...

I hate it when a manga ends with a confession, then maybe a quick glance at what will be. I'd rather it goes on for a bit (or a while), showing interaction within a confirmed/more intimate relationship.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Koveras posted:

And lol it seems the winner for the next student council is clear, would be really fun if they say "FROM NOW ON YURI IS PROHIBITED!!"

And start a school-wide riot? I don't think so. :D

There's beauty in chaos

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The two main characters' arc is a mandatory Story S, because once Shiramine and Kurosawa are an official couple, their story is over. The only hope is that the other stories will still be incomplete enough we get a LITTLE post-confession couple scenes. Shiramine should have realized she wanted to be on her cousin's side of the plot line ages ago. Too late now.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 4:42PM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Kurosawa beats Shiramine, like all the other times, and then confess.
Then Shiramine accepts, having accepted the fact that she will never be #1.
Doesn't mean Shiramine will slack off, though.

I dunno man, I just see her as the kind of person who would never go out with someone if she doesn't see herself as equal to said person. Which is why I bet on she rejecting every Kuro Confession until she wins

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

The two main characters' arc is a mandatory Story S, because once Shiramine and Kurosawa are an official couple, their story is over.

Dunno, there are romcoms where the confession between the two mains isn't the end, although they're pretty rare (Karin and Jitsu wa Watashi wa come to mind… two series with vampire girls, weirdly enough…) And so far, none of AnoKiss' arcs have relied on big love confessions. Moe and Mizuki were already a couple, Yukina and Towako kinda were, Chiharu and Izumi had an arc after they became a couple, and Itsuki made no secret of her love for Sawa.

I honestly would like to see how Ayaka and Yurine's relationship evolves after high school, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I like the face of that Tatsumi girl.
If I'm not mistaken, the other girl was running too. And here I'm thinking she looks like someone who has the Vice President vibe. Hmm.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I'm starting to read it a second time, it's stupid and probably not relevant, but Kurosawa did her confession kiss at the same place as their first kiss - there and back again, that's cute!

Well actually, the whole conversation was a drawback to that whole scene in chapter 1.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 10:23PM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

^also noticed that..they love the locker place..lol the difference on their expressions back then makes this so satisfying..

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 10:36PM

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

I'm starting to read it a second time, it's stupid and probably not relevant, but Kurosawa did her confession kiss at the same place as their first kiss - there and back again, that's cute!

I'm glad this was brought up. I like how they came back to where it all started. But boy has it been quite a journey. This kiss looked like it meant a lot more to Kurosawa than when she just 'casually' kissed Shiramine back then. Seeing that difference is quite gratifying :D

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

^also noticed that..they love the locker place..lol the difference on their expressions back then makes this so satisfying..
https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/011/898/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_v01_ch01_043.png

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/019/220/[MMT]%20Ano%20Ko%20ni%20Kiss%20to%20Shirayuri%20wo%20-%2036%20-%2028-29.jpg

Man oh man! Look at the art! How far have we come!

last edited at Nov 15, 2017 9:52AM by Nezchan

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

This entire chapter is like a call back to earlier chaps.

Just look at Ayaka's expression when she says "I'm gonna wipe the floor with you": it's no longer angry, it's almost playful, like she's actually having fun. Also compare Yurine's "I can't contain my happiness" in this chap to Ayaka's "I'm so happy" in chapter 15.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I still don't like the new art. This made me nostalgic. :(

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

It makes me realise how sad it is that they're just dancing around each other for so long. Shiramine is so gay for Kurosawa almost from the start and she has yet to acknowledge it. Well, I guess that's the burden of being a tsundere even in your own mind! And what drawn me to this series at first.

The side couples also gives this impression that the things aren't going fast enough, I guess, but I love it too. Even if they feel like one shots "because the author doesn't know how to continue her story" or whatever, they're decent one shots!

last edited at Nov 15, 2017 11:04PM

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

+1

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Still sweet. But dragging it out is not even close to describing their relationship. But still sweet.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

+1

I dunno. I have a thing for smooth lines and scales of grey, which is why I like it now better

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Well, I guess that's the burden of being a tsundere even in your own mind!

To quote Nez, "'Tsundere' is a character flaw that prevents a character from being happy"...

last edited at Nov 15, 2017 4:27PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I have been re-reading Sougou Tovarisch and this series really is like it could have been if it didn't go off the rails and get abandoned(?). They moved even slower, even though they had obvious attraction. The tightly wound top-of-the-class onee-sama there causes all their drama though. Her would-be girlfriend, the sleeping genius, doesn't want to offend her at all.

To reply you must either login or sign up.