Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

^If I recall correctly the blonde genius in that manga was less infuriatingly good at eveything, and more quiet and humble than Yurine in this one.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I was the only one that thought this chapter felt like an ending?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Uhm, yes. It felt like a buildup towards the climax, if anything, but not an ending.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Ayaka's hair is just weighed down by the weight of the world now.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I dunno. I have a thing for smooth lines and scales of grey, which is why I like it now better

Different strokes for different folks.

...Literally!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Preview!

So chapter 37 is about Torayama and Tatsumi, the two runner-ups for the student council election, and boy are there a lot of Ayaka/Yurine parallels in there.

It also features… the kitten from the last omake. Yeah.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Preview!

So chapter 37 is about Torayama and Tatsumi, the two runner-ups for the student council election, and boy are there a lot of Ayaka/Yurine parallels in there.

It also features… the kitten from the last omake. Yeah.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

A proofread version of chapter 36 is up. Chapter 37 will be here soon.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 37, pg 28, "But there's more important...", it would sound better as "But there's a more important reason..."

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Can't we skip all the election non sense and go straight to the part where Torayama and Tatsumi are passionately making out on their sofa?

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Someone needs to make a crop of the top right panel of Chapter 37, Page 15.

For reasons.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Reminds me of Toradora! a little bit due to the name puns. So I guess it's toradorable?

@Swag Wagon
Imgur

last edited at Dec 19, 2017 5:22AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

^If I recall correctly the blonde genius in that manga was less infuriatingly good at eveything, and more quiet and humble than Yurine in this one.

Objectively true, however the Shiramine-type there is even more tightly wound than this one, so she finds being outdone, not just by the girlfriend-in-waiting, but the idiot trio, infuriating enough. It'd be great to see a crossover or something. Imagine the conversations Kanna and Ayaka and Yuu and Yurine could have. "They don't even TRY! or CARE!" "I keep worrying she'll have a stroke or something!"

I remember how funny the scanlator april fool thing was in Sasameki Koto were. They crudely repainted two of the girls there and made them A-chan and Fumi from Aoi Hana and they said "We're from Aoi Hana and we're better lesbians than you two are."

I would say Kiss and a White Lily has better lesbians than Sougou Tovarisch, but I actually would go the other way on Sasameki Koto vs. Aoi Hana.

Reminds me of Toradora! a little bit due to the name puns. So I guess it's toradorable?

Very. In case anyone reading this doesn't know, the Tiger vs. Dragon thing is an extremely common motif in Japanese literature and culture.

last edited at Dec 19, 2017 1:05PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Two lovers, seperated by their choice in Student Council President! It's like Romeo and Juliet all over again!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Two lovers, seperated by their choice in Student Council President! It's like Romeo and Juliet all over again!

Politics always ruin everything. =[

I'd really like to have some interaction between Torayama and Ayaka next chap. I mean, Torayama is basically early Ayaka, only much more shameless.

…Speaking of which, I almost caught some glimpses of the old artstyle in this chap. Page 12 for example. Or maybe it's just me…

Can't we skip all the election non sense and go straight to the part where Torayama and Tatsumi are passionately making out on their sofa?

Not while the cat's watching!

last edited at Dec 19, 2017 3:28PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Kitten foreheads are the best place to kiss

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I hadn't read this in a loooong time and decided to start from the beginning instead of trying to figure out where I left off. I remember being annoyed at all the side couples (and a trio) taking focus off of the main characters, but now I'm happy for all the various stories. I really enjoy the bit of variety each story brings in between the main knuckleheads slowly making progress.

And I kinda want to see more of the triangle group. I usually don't like that kind of thing, but something about this one really caught me.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

^also noticed that..they love the locker place..lol the difference on their expressions back then makes this so satisfying..
[See previous page for the images I took out to save space.]

Notice how Ayaka always puts her hands on Yurine's boobs as they kiss.

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 3:12AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Happybirthday

Dat murder face… XD

^She's gonna kill Sawa at any moment

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

rivals becoming more involved with each other, platonically or otherwise, is a dynamic that never really seems to get old in my books ^^ good chapter.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Like... I don't mind new couples, we're used to it all the time but this time is different you know? the author said "next volume will focus on Yurine and Ayaka" you know? I TRUSTED YOU !!! GIVE ME BACK MY DREAMS!!!

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Aw, I was seriously rooting for Torayama...

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2018

I like this new pair... but yeah, give me some more Kurosawa/Shiramine

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

This is the gayest Yuri I've ever read. There's just... so many lesbians in this school.

To reply you must either login or sign up.