Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yeah, idk. Everyone just feels a whole lot less expressive in general because of the changes.

I have the opposite impression on that… The facial expressions feel more diverse and nuanced to me in later chaps. Though I did prefer Ayaka's big fluffy hair. =[

PS: Speaking of the artstyle, haven't the girls also become somewhat… bustier?

chapter

last edited at Sep 27, 2017 3:53PM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I always wonder who the fuck are those characters in behind the scenes (tho I could remember some sometimes..)

But Shiramine is such a SERIAL KISSER. XD plssss enough with the side characters..I want it to focus at the main story already..

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I always wonder who the fuck are those characters in behind the scenes (tho I could remember some sometimes..)

But Shiramine is such a SERIAL KISSER. XD plssss enough with the side characters..I want it to focus at the main story already..

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

haven't the girls also become somewhat… bustier?

I dunno--Chap. 11, p. 25 demonstrates that Ayaka has always had a certain . . . amplitude.

EDIT: As Yurine double-checks first-hand in "Do Your Best, Shiramine!" Part 2 in the Internet Shorts.

last edited at Sep 27, 2017 7:33PM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I have the opposite impression on that… The facial expressions feel more diverse and nuanced to me in later chaps. Though I did prefer Ayaka's big fluffy hair. =[

Eh, I dunno. With the new art style, everyone looks like they're constantly about to burst into tears, and attempts to make Shiramine look like she's mad amount to her looking like she's going to cry instead. Their expressions have lost a lot of individuality for me; Yurine's expressions were either really open/enthusiastic, whereas Shiramine's were kinda subdued/frustrated. Now, they both just look moe.

The more I think about it, the less of a fan I am.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Hmm… I don't really see it. =[ The current art is indeed more "moe" to an extent, but it does a stellar job at conveying conflicting emotions to me. Ah well, different people have different appreciations I guess.

About volume 7… the good news is, there are a lot of omake, the bad news is that I could only find subpar-quality scans, and even Bookwalker's digital volumes don't look that great (AnoKiss is sadly not an isolated case in that regard. :x)

But according to the afterword, volume 8 will continue on AyaYuri. \o/

last edited at Sep 28, 2017 8:22AM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Hmm… I don't really see it. =[ The current art is indeed more "moe" to an extent, but it does a stellar job at conveying conflicting emotions to me. Ah well, different people have different appreciations I guess.

True enough! Hopefully, I'll get used to it, and come to share your opinion as well.

Regardless of the art, I'm glad to see Shiramine and Yurine as the focus of the story again.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Hopefully. =3

…I tried to remake the chart with a color code to make it a little more legible… Does that work?

last edited at Oct 1, 2017 7:54PM

joined Oct 13, 2015

I didn't even notice the art changed.

As for the people who think the author couldn't decide on a series or one shots; you are wrong.

The author is telling a single story. Their lives are influenced by others and they influence others. We learn more about the main two by seeing them from other perspectives. In the story of the Odyssey, his attempt to return is mirrored by Agamemnon. In that it showed how Odysseus's story may go awry and builds tension. For this it shows us various outcomes that are possible. There are different forms and types of love and care and affection the different groups feel for one another. The main two haven't come to openly express how, or what, they feel for one another. But we see that it's not necessarily romantic love it may end with. For a moment it may even have appeared that it could have been polyamorous.

These are not filler chapters. These are not one shots. These are deeply important to the narrative.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It depends I'd say… It is indeed the case for MizuMoe, YukiTowa and Haika; and SawaItsuki to a lesser extent. But ChihaIzu and the Three Stoogies aren't really connected to the main couple in any way (though I love the former, mind you).

MizuMoe

last edited at Oct 12, 2017 4:53PM

joined Oct 13, 2015

Some of that may have been stated too strongly. Memories tend to be subjective in any case and, embarrassingly, i had forgotten they were even from the same series.

A reread may be in order. I still believe what i said but the truth is usually somewhere between the extremes.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Is this the first time that Kurosawa has blushed in the series? It's pretty great.

Not really, but at least, never losing her composure like this

Wow, that image... Kurosawa looks, kinda, turned on it in that scene XD

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

MizuMoe

I just love these two. It just feels so right. And that Moe's hand is on Mizuki's chest. XD

last edited at Oct 16, 2017 2:54AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Today, in the latest volume's omake: Ayaka intensely challenging a grid of sudoku, Kaoru and her hopeless crush, and Yukina not noticing that her kouhai is taking a stealth shot at her. =3

Seriously, Ayaka was both pitiful and kinda cute in this omake…

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Canno is so amazing. When this series started I thought of it as something to read while waiting for something to happen with Comprehensive Tovarisch and now I think of that series as being a somewhat weaker version of this series.

I do think of it as Last Uniform crossed with Comprehensive Tovarisch though.

last edited at Oct 17, 2017 6:49PM

Lmao even Yurine realizes that Shiramine may not be a very good option to help her

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

The author is telling a single story. Their lives are influenced by others and they influence others. We learn more about the main two by seeing them from other perspectives.

That works for people who interact directly with Shiramine and Yurine, and who can offer alternative perspectives on their relationship, but not for the side characters who never interact with them, and whose narratives never refer back to or mention Shiramine and Yurine at all, nor have any allegorical connection to the relationship between Shiramine or Yurine.

Also, incredibly bizarre choice to make reference to the Odyssey. Surely something like Simmons' Hyperion might be better, given that it's 6 independent stories that all reflect back on one singular entity (the Shrike)? I dunno. Seems kind of weird.

last edited at Oct 17, 2017 8:12PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Vol 8 will be full of Yurine and Shiramine -Hnnnnnggg

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I hope they revisit that "anyone who could make you feel normal would do" thing. I think that's one reason Shiramine is still somewhat aloof.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

@Lyendith You sent the french version of the chapter o_0

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Damn. I sent you the right one this time. I think.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Kiss and a white lily is SO ROMANTIC it has to continue in a Romance language. Trust your heart, Lyendith!

Courage, notre cher traducteur!

joined Aug 10, 2016

ah fuck, its the crappily written polygamy trio.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Amusingly, the extra makes it seem like they are even less in love than their volume.

last edited at Oct 23, 2017 8:56PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

They really do work better as a band of best buds than as lovers… I wonder if Canno realized that too. That last line made me laugh. XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.