Forum › Witch Meets Knight discussion

RidiculouslyLucky
joined Mar 20, 2019

Life happens, glad this is still getting attention so thank you for continuing it!

Slide
joined Dec 15, 2019

Thanks! I love these characters.

joined Feb 6, 2018

Glad to see this updated!! Today is wonderful day

blackalbatross1
Da%20comrade%20bronya%20crop%20-%20copy
joined Sep 8, 2018

New chapter holy shit!

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

It's such a bizarre series, even for a yuri. I'm certainly enjoying it so far, but I can't help but wonder what the direction is for the two MC's relationship. The "Witch" is so quiet, simple with her answers, often monotone and rarely ever smiles. Yet she portrays just enough....personality in her responses that it leaves room for interpretation by the reader, which helps keep them engaged. The "Knight" clearly likes to tease and play with the "Witch" but rather than being put off or offended, she simply allows the "Knight" to do as she pleases and only brushes off her antics when they are visibly discomforting. She doesn't make much of an attempt to reply to the "Knight", but when she does it's short, simple and meaningful.

It's such a strange take on a yuri romance...and I'm definitely hoping to read more.

joined Apr 7, 2020

Glad to see this updated this is one of my personal favorites

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Aww show us!

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Did they kiss off scene?!? AGH! Or was it a promise for the play??

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

These two better kiss ON SCREEN, if not, i'm rioting.

GreenTeaWytch
joined May 18, 2021

Oop, off screen kiss

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

The eyes? You read the eyes? Jk.
Anyways, I did have some trouble with the eyes too... It made me think that "this black-haired girl is scary" when I saw Witch-san but when I saw Naito-kun with closed eyes, "probably equally scary as Witch-san" was what I thought until I saw her open her eyes to which I thought, "GOD FUCKING! SHE OPENED HER EYES! SHE OPENED IT!"

Za endo. Pretty awesome drawing style, nothing supernatural and Knight-kun is awesome.

Apparently it was the opposite for me like I thought their eyes were open the whole time. Only after you guys mentioned it then I noticed how the eyes looked as though they were closed XD

joined Jan 3, 2020

Yeah I couldn't tell either if that was an offscreen kiss or a future promise with iffy dialogue.

Either way, it seems like the story is speeding towards an actual Yuri relationship, which is great.

Too many of these stories spend 50 chapters teasing that and then end with a slightly more elaborate tease but no confirmation.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Yeah I couldn't tell either if that was an offscreen kiss or a future promise with iffy dialogue.

Either way, it seems like the story is speeding towards an actual Yuri relationship, which is great.

Too many of these stories spend 50 chapters teasing that and then end with a slightly more elaborate tease but no confirmation.

They absolutely, 100%, did kiss here. That's what the panel showing their shoes on page 103 was about, and that's what the "shock" Naitou mentions on page 104 was.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Subtext is beautiful.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Are we back to the future now? Is the series over? It's a decent ending point I guess, but I'd love to see more.

joined Nov 22, 2019

I'm a little confused. Is the story that Naitou told the kouhai the contents of chapter 9? And also, why did she tell thats specific girl?

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

You know, they say that if a lie is not told, it cannot become yuri.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

So, judging by Yuichi's question at the end there, I'm guessing it wasn't a lie at all?

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Would anyone be able to tell me what is the 'chapter 10' that is up on MangaDex (which is not the same as the one here)? Thank you.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Darkmaster006 posted:

Would anyone be able to tell me what is the 'chapter 10' that is up on MangaDex (which is not the same as the one here)? Thank you.

Looks like a bit of a mislabeling. It's a oneshot hosted here too that has some of the same characters as this series.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Darkmaster006 posted:

Looks like a bit of a mislabeling. It's a oneshot hosted here too that has some of the same characters as this series.

It is included in the series tank, but as the 12th chapter.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The kouhai would make a cute couple as well.

Wait... Does this mean it's finished now? Since MAL lists the series as having 12 chapters.

last edited at Jul 8, 2021 4:58AM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I completely lost the plot in chapter 9. What lie are they talking about? And did 2 years really pass already? Also, did they just kiss?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

luinthoron posted:

The kouhai would make a cute couple as well.

Wait... Does this mean it's finished now? Since MAL lists the series as having 12 chapters.

Still 2 more chapters to go!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Still 2 more chapters to go!

Good to know.

To reply you must either login or sign up.