Forum › Witch Meets Knight discussion

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Yeah I don't really get what is going on here.

Easy, it's to show that the witch here is actually the blonde chick, so when we return to the high school we'll have a different perspective/the author will make it painfully obvious and make the witch weight the same as a duck

remembers that movie

Well, I can't comment on the pirate one. Hmm, maybe I'd like to see that continued instead of highschool thing.

Meh, I'll just go to sleep...

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Aaaand, it got confusing again. For a moment, I was wondering if they were playing a scene for the drama club or something, but seems unlikely, somehow. Some "previous life" thing, maybe ? Or their ancestors ? Some explanation would have been nice.

last edited at Jul 25, 2014 2:53AM

joined Nov 11, 2010

The Yuri Project release page notes that ch. 4 is part of a production they're doing with the drama club. Given that the chapter title is also given as "Pirates Edition" I don't think the new setting should be that surprising.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Awesome chemistry.
They sure don't need to act much, this is just like they already are.
It feels like a play-doujin, totally about them.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I was thinking it could be one of the drama clubs plays/scenarios being written??

either way good chapter! I liked all the dangerous flirtations ^_^

Miku%20avatar%20(wattpad)
joined Oct 6, 2014

What is with those incredibly subtle squinty eyes in 00? Freaky, but awesome in a way. I feel like was looking at some optical illusion-ish picture. Haha. Either this was adorable!

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 9:08AM

joined Jul 8, 2013

Still not entirely sure where this series is trying to go. Which is rare for me.

joined Jul 8, 2013

I don't think this series is really trying to 'go' anywhere, it's just sorta slice of life ish.
I like it, although partly I think that's just because it seems so rare for there to be a Manga Couple where neither member of the couple is a vastly more competent person than the other in every conceivably possible way. Both of the leads in this Manga seem pretty well balanced against each other.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Ah! This series! I love the art in this; the contrast is really interesting.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Glad for the update! Hope the next one is soon since this ch seemed to be all build up...

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Neither digging the art style nor the plot.. I've indulge myself in enough drama clubs in yuri whilst reading Aoi Hana.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Neither digging the art style nor the plot.. I've indulge myself in enough drama clubs in yuri whilst reading Aoi Hana.

Still I think there won't be the bullshit drama that is in that, but it's your choice.

It's been awhile since there was a new chapter. Naitou really likes Yuichi's hair, in every single chapter she's seen twirling/caressing her hair, except in the Pirate Edition one, which you can attribute it to not really being them. Though she seems to show the same interest as their School Life counterparts.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Still I think there won't be the bullshit drama that is in that, but it's your choice.

One can only hope we don't have to deal with that again for some time.

It's been awhile since there was a new chapter. Naitou really likes Yuicchi's hair, in every single chapter she's seen twirling/caressing her hair, except in the Pirate Edition one, which you can attribute it to not really being them. Though she seems to show the same interest as their School Life counterparts.

I think that's as safe a form of touchy-feely as Naitou can do at the moment. She seems to already at least have feelings for Yuicchi, if not then cares about her more than anyone else. Plus just look at her hair...it is so caressable

joined Mar 25, 2013

I think that's as safe a form of touchy-feely as Naitou can do at the moment. She seems to already at least have feelings for Yuicchi, if not then cares about her more than anyone else. Plus just look at her hair...it is so caressable

Oh, I think it was crush/love at first sight if we judge by the first chapter :) And Yuichi growing out her hair because Naitou would like to see it, well that's that ;)

joined Sep 22, 2014

I feel like her drawing r incompletete either the artist is a genius and let us fill in the blanks or dynasty scans r uploading weird....could be i wish there was more shading. Its just very black and white. I know thats it color but ugg. Aw well the story keeps me interested so i keep reading

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Why all this hate on Aoi Hana ... pretty nice manga for bookworms and dramaturgy nerds, I remember how it made me read wuthering heights.
anyhow, witch x knight is taking an intriguing direction and I can't wait to see naitou in that play

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I like this a lot man. Just guessing from chapter 1 that it'll be some time before it finishes though.

Very well-developed dynamic b/w Naitou and Yuicchi. Naitou did not misunderstand Yucchi's words because of how much she knows her and Yuicchi could easily and rather stresslessly confront Naitou about it because she trusts that Naitou would be honest.

Why all this hate on Aoi Hana ... pretty nice manga for bookworms and dramaturgy nerds, I remember how it made me read wuthering heights.

Aoi Hana is almost flipside of Girl Friends so sometimes people have trouble meshing the two. While Aoi Hana had an awesome ending and GF had an utterly mediocre cop-out, GF had amazing drama development while Aoi Hana had a mediocre cop-out. My only issue is the fact that it had that bad drama development at the end.

Then again I am the sort that is easy to please, hard to impress, so take that with a grain of salt.

550275_10151272753455729_1992208048_n%20(1)
joined Oct 3, 2014

I love this so much!!

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

that's great,
in a classic angst manga that was more than enough of a cause of the failng of the friendship (in reality no...), but i like how normally it resolved, and i love pokerface characters

joined Jan 8, 2014

This ch. felt so short! Lol, it may be because I want to know more...
Thanks for scantalating

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

this chapter

Eeeeeeh... it was kind of annoying how the two classmates spent 10-20 mins discussing a tiny little phrase Yuicchi said to Nitou. I mean, have they completely nothing else to think and talk about?

last edited at Feb 21, 2015 6:52AM

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Guessing this got dropped or something? I'm curious.

I have the raws for the whole series if anyone is interested. One volume long. I like this short series a lot for some reason.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Guessing this got dropped or something? I'm curious.

I have the raws for the whole series if anyone is interested. One volume long. I like this short series a lot for some reason.

Oh wait, there are still more chapters to this? How many, if you don't mind me asking? Also, is it like a proper ending or does it just leave off on a cliffhanger or something?

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Oh wait, there are still more chapters to this? How many, if you don't mind me asking? Also, is it like a proper ending or does it just leave off on a cliffhanger or something?

There are 7 more chapters in the tankoubon, however after 4 of those there's a new story (same setting, different characters) that finishes the series with 3 chapters. My Japanese ain't good enough for this series, but it at least doesn't look like a cliffhanger. From what I could see I was pretty satisfied.

I really love the vibe of this thing so I ended up buying the tank on a whim. Offer for the raws is still open if anyone's interested; they're BIG too. Actually, I'll just toss up a link for the heck of it:
http://www95.zippyshare.com/v/3fxxHw3e/file.html

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

I've already done some basic cleaning over on Yuri Project, and I'm pretty much waiting for someone to tell me what font was being used before I finish chapter 7 http://safe.yuriproject.net/res/14669.html#i20236

last edited at Jan 26, 2017 3:01PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.