Forum › I Hated My Female Body, so I Cut Off My Breasts discussion

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

Post has been removed

Wow, we're starting strong this comment section with transphobic mouth diarrhea, yikes...

Anyway, this is a lovely biographical story, such a good thing for people to see and learn more about the experiences of others.

last edited at Sep 26, 2024 9:14PM by Stan Miller

Nanao%20best%20girl%20fr
joined Aug 29, 2024

Can't wait for more updates. Looks interesting!

__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

The first post of this thread was removed and the user banned.
Transphobic comments will not be tolerated, period.
I am more than happy to jettison any human trash who wants to test this.
That is all, the discussion should be about this release instead now.

Cute-love-tiny-version
joined Oct 13, 2012

pretty. the struggle to express thyself. pretty

Bbdc0419e38b238dedd03df55fae45ce
joined Jul 21, 2024

Is this a transgender biographical story? Wow, I’m really excited to read more chapters! :D

Bbdc0419e38b238dedd03df55fae45ce
joined Jul 21, 2024

The first post of this thread was removed and the user banned.
Transphobic comments will not be tolerated, period.
I am more than happy to jettison any human trash who wants to test this.
That is all, the discussion should be about this release instead now.

Respect

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

“Let’s turn your story into a manga!”

Real.

joined Aug 21, 2017

We stan informative, biographical manga that elevate normally unheard voices

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Wow, I learned things I didn't know!! I don't understand being trans at all, since it's not my experience, but manga or things like this allow me to have a tiny speck of theoretical understanding at least, very interesting!!

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ngl, the title scared me for a moment. Then I realised it was about top surgery, and not someone doing something graphic with a kitchen knife.

This is interesting. I'm not nonbinary, but I like learning about other people's experiences.

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

It’s very interesting to see this perspective (as someone who has grown up in the USA, things aren’t/weren’t super gender specific (at least from a societal standpoint). From elementary to high school, I hung out with people regardless of gender.

I do fr relate with the whole, hating the gendered stuff. Growin up, I hated wearing dresses (cuz they were revealing and I had a little incident when I wore a dress as kid, so that situation turned me off to the idea of wearing a dress if I had the option to wear pants instead)

I’ve always been more on the tomboyish side (I even made friends with guys easier) and I distinctly remember two instances where the gender stuff really made me upset/left an impact on me

1. On Christmas, I got a doll that I didn’t like, to the point where I had it be put in my parent’s closet and it was never seen again
  2. On another Christmas, years later, I got this thin yellow dress shirt, I didn’t like it, but was told that cuz I was a girl, I should wear girly things

Tbh, those might’ve been the only times the whole boy vs girl thing was made so clear to me? At school, no one really cared it felt like, or it wasn’t put on a massive spotlight like it was at home therefore it seemed less important or smthn.

I’m not even nonbinary or trans, or on that spectrum yet I’ve had days where I’ve thought “damn, i wish I was a guy” and then later think “thank god I’m a girl”

I feel like it’s normal to have those kinds of thoughts every now and again. “The grass is always greener on the other side” type of deal I think.

I still fr hate things being separated by gender tho, in this day and age. Both girls and boys like super heroes, if I can’t have Spider-Man underwear, let me AT LEAST have spider Gwen undies or smthn

Same with pretty much everything else. There’s so many female superheroes, how is there NOT merch with them? Genuinely makes no sense.

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

Ngl, the title scared me for a moment. Then I realised it was about top surgery, and not someone doing something graphic with a kitchen knife.

Fr, I thought “please tell me they got surgery and didn’t do something to themself” lol

joined Aug 17, 2021

Ayy nice excited for transmasc “the bride was a boy” gosh i read that like 6 years ago and it helped me realize i wanted to transition. Lets go tboys and enbys, tho this may be a little different (worse?) cause its the mangaka as friend not strictly autobiographical

last edited at Sep 27, 2024 12:05AM

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

This is certainly a much more direct title than the last transmasc manga I saw on here, "To Strip The Flesh". I really liked that one, it was very raw and cathartic.

Edit: looked up the "nabe shirt" mentioned in chapter 1 and it definitely seems subpar compared to a proper modern binder, which at least shouldn't be painful or itchy as a stopgap measure. Wonder if it's a matter of them not knowing about binders or about them not really being available at the time in Japan? Here in the US there's a huge selection available from queer underwear stores like TomboyX, so maybe we're spoiled in that regard lol.

last edited at Sep 27, 2024 1:56AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

This is certainly a much more direct title than the last transmasc manga I saw on here, "To Strip The Flesh". I really liked that one, it was very raw and cathartic.

To each his own. That title is a no-go.
Not the story: the actual title.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

To each his own. That title is a no-go.
Not the story: the actual title.

I really liked it since it conveyed the feeling of body dysphoria of the protagonist in a very strong undeniable way, but I can see how that can be too strong in conveying such an unpleasant emotion for some people. Of course I wouldn't recommend those people read the manga either in that case, especially since there's overt scenes of the guy dreaming of being butchered to remove his unwanted body aspects. It's a very confrontational manga, and helped me grasp the feelings of someone who would hate the parts of themselves that I personally love for myself.

last edited at Sep 27, 2024 2:03AM

Wall%20e%20pfp
joined Dec 9, 2023

I live for this stuff
Queer experiences from a non western lens my beloved
Love to learn about how things are elsewhere
Thanks for TL-ing this series

Regarding the brief discussion of "Stripping the Flesh," personally I believe that regardless of the contents of the story itself or its title, that shouldn't really stop you from recommending it to someone else. If it's unpleasant to them, makes them uncomfortable, then that's good. That discomfort can give way to sympathy and understanding of the particular experience being portrayed.
And to judge a title is the same as judging a book by its cover. Even more so, in fact, when you consider how titles can be an essential part to the story in its significance.
Dunno that may just be me, though. Kinda lost my train of thought here.
Anyway, depends on the content of the story, but both titles of this series and "stripping the flesh" do justice for what their respective stories are talking about. This series is about a real person's experience and them retelling it in a very down to earth way, so the title being direct makes sense. Since "Stripping the Flesh" is inherently fictional and has a dramatic narrative, the metaphorical nature of its title also makes sense.
Lost my train of thought again here; the point is running away from me. In short, man I love comics about trans folk. Esp afab ones since they're ones I can relate to the most. "Stripping the Flesh" my most beloved you will always be famous to me

5688-1340606550
joined May 11, 2013

Cool to see more LGBT stuff in the autobiographical sphere get translated.

I had a pretty similar social experience growing up with the gendered expectations stuff, although it never crossed over into body or gender dysphoria. Hard to make friends when boys want nothing to do with you because you're a girl, and you can't connect with other girls because you only like "boy things."

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Tbh, I too was irked by the title at first. I wondered why autobiographic queer stories have to be titled like LNs. But now I also kind of get it. If I had to write a blog post or essay, I'd probably title it similar.

Also, a honest question: why do some people here equate non-binary immediatly with transgender? Is it because there is surgery involved? I think Kazuki was pretty clear that they (? guessing pronouns here) don't really feel as a man either.

Screenshot%202024-08-04%20044759
joined Jun 21, 2021

Also, a honest question: why do some people here equate non-binary immediatly with transgender? Is it because there is surgery involved? I think Kazuki was pretty clear that they (? guessing pronouns here) don't really feel as a man either.

Being trans isn't so much about "switching" from one gender to another, but more about not being the one you were assigned at birth. Kazuki was afab but is not actually a woman, thus trans applies as far as definitions go.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Being trans isn't so much about "switching" from one gender to another, but more about not being the one you were assigned at birth. Kazuki was afab but is not actually a woman, thus trans applies as far as definitions go.

Huh, I always had it the other way around: trans (in its stem form) meaning "across" implying that, say, a transfemale identifies as female nomatter if amab, intersex, etc. and vice-versa. Do "trans" and "cis" even apply to non-gender dual identities? Does my GNC behind now really has to start the "might I be trans?" thing again? Gee, thanks.

Screenshot%202024-08-04%20044759
joined Jun 21, 2021

Huh, I always had it the other way around: trans (in its stem form) meaning "across" implying that, say, a transfemale identifies as female nomatter if amab, intersex, etc. and vice-versa. Do "trans" and "cis" even apply to non-gender dual identities? Does my GNC behind now really has to start the "might I be trans?" thing again? Gee, thanks.

Self-identification is always trump so if Kazuki (or you in this case) don't think you're trans then you're not, that's it imo. Definitions change over time too of course, but the whole "transitioning from one gender to the other" thing that usually gets associated with "being transgender" has such a binary flavor of thinking for me that it just doesn't fit (anymore).

I'm sure you'd get several different definitions when asking other trans ppl but as a trans woman myself, that's how I define it for myself (and at least most trans ppl in my own circle seem to share that idea, which is of course only circumstantial evidence xD)

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Self-identification is always trump so if Kazuki (or you in this case) don't think you're trans then you're not, that's it imo. Definitions change over time too of course, but the whole "transitioning from one gender to the other" thing that usually gets associated with "being transgender" has such a binary flavor of thinking for me that it just doesn't fit (anymore).

I'm sure you'd get several different definitions when asking other trans ppl but as a trans woman myself, that's how I define it for myself (and at least most trans ppl in my own circle seem to share that idea, which is of course only circumstantial evidence xD)

Thank you, it's always informative to see how other people define these terms for themselves.

But basically, we really need some sort of standards document so everybody is finally on the same page (or rather same 300 pages) about terminology. What an easy-going and non-controversial endeavour! Bonus points for avoid mixing greek with latin roots.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

I can relate with this. I just really feel uncomfortable when people told me to act more girly and stuff.

I dislike my breast, i want to cut it off so much just to make myself feel more comfortable.

I'm still not sure what exactly i am, i don't want people to treat me like a girl or a guy.
But i do think i'm a girl, i just don't want to look too feminime or masculine. Thankfully, i have 1 friend that understand how i feel.

joined Jul 5, 2024

While I'm not trans, it's crazy how I relate to some of Kazuki's issues, mainly with how society is so divided by gender and how frustrating it is. To me, it's ridiculous how people just put these labels on others just because people look a certain way.

I didn't really like girly things growing up. Preferred to play with Legos, liked action cartoons, and didn't like wearing dresses because of how flimsy they were (still don't). But I also liked plushies, kept my hair long, and loved small, cute animals (still do). But that wasn't enough for the adults in my life. I was always told to "act more ladylike" and "girls don't behave like that" for things like talking too loud or even eating certain foods. No joke, my mom told me that girls should eat less meat because "boys like meat, not girls."

Even now as an adult, I still get unnecessary comments that are just annoying. I've had friends and acquaintances tell me that I have the personality of a man (more assertive, straightforward with my words, willing to take charge of a situation or crisis, etc.), "even though you look very feminine." Someone even confronted me about my gender identity and said I was a transman who hadn't come out of his egg yet just because I wear leather jackets and don't wear makeup often. Granted, that person was a moron and incredibly closed-minded. Not excusing or defending them, but just know they're not the brightest bulb on the Christmas lights string.

People are really weird about these things. Imo, life would be way less stressful if we focused less on these labels and more on the individual.

To reply you must either login or sign up.