Forum › I Hated My Female Body, so I Cut Off My Breasts discussion

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Enby manga let's goooooooo!

Transphobic comments will not be tolerated, period.
I am more than happy to jettison any human trash who wants to test this.

And this is why I love this little corner of the internet.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Enby manga let's goooooooo!

Transphobic comments will not be tolerated, period.
I am more than happy to jettison any human trash who wants to test this.

And this is why I love this little corner of the internet.

Me too. It's nice being part of an inclusive space where bigotry is not tolerated. And on occasions when a hateful comment isn't taken care of by an admin, you can be sure other posters will show up to lay the smack down on the bigot. That unfortunately is not the norm on most of Reddit and Mangadex, which are the other places I frequently comment.

It's great having media like this that shows the experiences of someone with gender dysphoria. Media like this helps others empathize with their plight and makes those experiences feel less "alien" and more relatable. Intolerance and ignorance go hand in hand and it's these types of work that can help improve both, even if just by a little.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

Being trans isn't so much about "switching" from one gender to another, but more about not being the one you were assigned at birth. Kazuki was afab but is not actually a woman, thus trans applies as far as definitions go.

Huh, I always had it the other way around: trans (in its stem form) meaning "across" implying that, say, a transfemale identifies as female nomatter if amab, intersex, etc. and vice-versa. Do "trans" and "cis" even apply to non-gender dual identities? Does my GNC behind now really has to start the "might I be trans?" thing again? Gee, thanks.

Here's my heuristic for this: Do you want people to look at you and assume your assigned gender at birth based on your appearance and then act based on that assumption? Do you want to be perceived as and treated as the gender marker they assumed for you as a newborn? Then you're cis. If not, you're under the broad umbrella of "trans," which in this case simply means "not cis" rather than having any particular meaning of being "across" or "opposite" (these terms are older than our more modern understandings so you shouldn't rely on the specific definitions of prefixes imo, just like with "bisexual").

last edited at Sep 27, 2024 3:07PM

butches-and-chicken
Butch%20for%20butch
joined Jun 12, 2023

Kazuki's struggles really hit home for me. I'm liking this new autobiographical manga here.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I hope that more young kids in the future don't have to deal with so much binary gender nonsense. The thing they said about the announcement from the National Diet really made me think about how important representation and education are for young queer people. Sometimes literally the difference between life and death.

joined Dec 18, 2016

Their story, weirdly enough, resonates with me in a lot of ways

If I had a nickel for every time dynasty-scans made me question my view on gender, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice

last edited at Sep 27, 2024 4:15PM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Ngl, the title scared me for a moment. Then I realised it was about top surgery, and not someone doing something graphic with a kitchen knife.

This is interesting. I'm not nonbinary, but I like learning about other people's experiences.

Had the same first thought. Well, mine was "Please be about top surgery, not self-harm", but basically the same thought. I mean it definitely got my attention, so as a title it works. It's just a moment of wincing first...

And more enby representation, always glad to see it.

I hope that more young kids in the future don't have to deal with so much binary gender nonsense. The thing they said about the announcement from the National Diet really made me think about how important representation and education are for young queer people. Sometimes literally the difference between life and death.

Seconding this.

It's been my experience that humans are, in general, way too invested in dividing everything into either A or B, ignoring any possibility of alternates or gradients. Yeah, some binaries exist, but people are way too quick to demand easy "this box or that box" classifications on everything... Nature is full of gradients. Arbitrary dichotomies are stupid and harmful.

7a067e9e6fb1c92210174e64e9f1e23d
joined Jun 19, 2013

This manga makes me feel seen as an NB butch, even tho I want a breast reduction at most.

last edited at Sep 27, 2024 8:14PM

joined Mar 24, 2019

I'm really glad this exists.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

I'm really glad this exists.

Yeah? Well...I'm really glad you exist!

Gottem or something idk

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Stories like this make me glad I'm an adult, working in a field where I'm not expected to perform much gendered behavior. I definitely identify with the POV of the author, I thought so much emphasis on gender was stupid and hated the arbitrary rules (4 years olds shouldn't need to wear shirts in their own houses when it's hot, even if they're girls).

As I got older, I logically understood them and could explain them, but applying them to myself was something I wasn't capable of. It's probably funny, I'm almost always clocked from a distance as female, but, the few times I've worn makeup have been instances that probably fit the definition of dysphoria. I'm happy that I've aged to the point where nobody wastes their breath trying to get me to wear dresses or wear makeup.

Somedays, I'm happy enough with the label "gender nonconforming" others days, "nonbinary/agender" feels better, thankfully when you reach my age, nobody asks your identity so I'm confortable with the lack of specific label. I already have higher than average for AFAB testosterone thanks to lean PCOS, and a thin build + compression bras give me good enough results that I don't care to have surgery.

I look forward to seeing how this story unfolds, I imagine that in some ways it's harder because Japan is socially pretty conservative and gender is more essiential to societal roles there, but maybe also easier for people to grasp the difference because the roles are so defined?

To reply you must either login or sign up.