Forum › A Female Knight Who Seduces a Gloomy Witch discussion

joined Aug 29, 2019

Well that took a sudden dark turn. Don't upset the Yandere I guess :D

Most sites I've seen don't really have a good system for content warnings. Something like a "Content Warnings on page 2" tag with a second page inserted that people like me, who generally don't want spoilery content warnings, can deliberately skip over, but are always available to those who do want them. Getting all uploaders to include them, let alone retroactively including them, would be hard I guess. Putting them into the first post of the thread (and reserving that post, which LubeTube does anyway) and adding a tag "content warnings in first forum post" would probably be an easier way to do it.

The latter option has been discussed previously on Dynasty, but I have no idea why nothing like this more elegant system (avoiding spoilers while still providing info on sensitive content) is in place, still.

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

That condescending face on page 1 is so good though

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

And here I expected something sweet and memey

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

Which three women did Saber canonically fuck? :))

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Literal fuck around and find out

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

You better add the parody tag and all the related universes seen in this comic or so help me Lvl.99 witch will make you her next thrall.

last edited at May 27, 2023 11:10AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

Well, that escalated quickly

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Glorious succe-. Nevermind.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck, but the truth is, the game was rigged from the start."

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Big Fate vibes on that ending

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

We need to talk about that thigh gap, wheeew

Also most people recognize the Undertale cameo but there was also the Helltaker demons

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I was not expecting that ending. My defenses were definitely not up and I don't feel too good. This kind of thing really gets to me.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ouch,,,,

joined May 3, 2014

Terrible end

Well, she really is a n00b. Even a choose-your-own-adventure reader, typically 10 years old, would have made better choices. Hopefully, she'll be humbled and the witch will restore her to health.

she is bloody a undead, unless you talk about resurection like in an werid RPG world she is gone for good

joined May 3, 2014

Unfortunate. I wanted them to have something sweet and for the witch to turn out to just be misunderstood. WELP. ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ

Honestly, I'm kind of sick of the "evil girl was just misunderstood" trope. It's such a cliche at this point

That being said, Knight's condescending attitude didn't earn a lot of sympathy points lol

what are you on about? condecending attitude is equal to being enslaved as an undead that can’t even talk to an psychopath witch? eh?

joined May 3, 2014

TBH this is definitely deserving of a horror and tragedy tag of some kind.

People really don't tend enjoy getting jebaited with promises of something fun and lighthearted only to get last-minute rug-pulled with horror and suffering even if it's still behind a thin veneer of parody. Personally, the trivia box stating explicitly that the MC is now dead, trapped in her own head but still able to think and feel while being puppeteered around by a crazy yandere necromancer is the point that definitively goes too far to not be tagged more clearly.

I love horror, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely a genre that people should have the basic right to decide to get into rather than having it sprung on them 90% into the narrative when they obviously can't choose not to read it anymore because they've already read it just to get to that point.

I think this deserves some extra tags

Im sure it will get them. On DS they often leave off spoilery tags for a bit on a new story as long as its not something really bad that might trigger people.

This is literally the premise of the story though:
-Random normal person walks into someplace dangerous without realizing it.
-They try to charm their way out of danger, but fail and is instead stabbed to death with a sword through the back.
-Their dead body is raised as a shambling corpse and her mind is locked up inside her head unable to control herself or do literally anything, but still feels the sensations of her walking dead body that she has no control over and is now effectively a slave of the person who murdered her specifically to accomplish this.

The End.

That doesn't strike you as a story dark enough to trigger someone with no fair chance to know what they were getting into?

yeah can we add the bloody tragedy tag? I REALLY WON’T Waste my time with tragedy stories since they are REALLY not my cup of tea!

and as Twinkler said, this IS QUITE DARK! desipite the jokingly idea of the status window :/

joined Jan 20, 2018

Horror Tragedy Witch

Possibly Depressing as fuck Violence

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Am I the only one that feels like you guys are taking this a bit too seriously? I thought the vibe was just comedic for the most part, especially considering the Undertale references

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

I count 3 game references: Pokemon, Undertale, and Helltaker. I might be wrong about pokemon cuz I never played any pokemon games. What else is there?

joined Jun 30, 2017

Outstanding translation. Also I get why people might want to tag it horror as a TW, but tragedy? Seriously?

Not sure if serious, but the answer is Guinevere, Morgan and Rin. This is for a fairly broad definition of fucking, though, because canon implies Morgan basically just magically extracted Saber's sperm (she was a futanari at the time, long story); and also Rin was really the one fucking Saber, not the other way around. Some people like to think Dark Sakura had a turn too.

last edited at May 28, 2023 3:11AM

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

TBH this is definitely deserving of a horror and tragedy tag of some kind.

People really don't tend enjoy getting jebaited with promises of something fun and lighthearted only to get last-minute rug-pulled with horror and suffering even if it's still behind a thin veneer of parody. Personally, the trivia box stating explicitly that the MC is now dead, trapped in her own head but still able to think and feel while being puppeteered around by a crazy yandere necromancer is the point that definitively goes too far to not be tagged more clearly.

I love horror, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely a genre that people should have the basic right to decide to get into rather than having it sprung on them 90% into the narrative when they obviously can't choose not to read it anymore because they've already read it just to get to that point.

I think this deserves some extra tags

Im sure it will get them. On DS they often leave off spoilery tags for a bit on a new story as long as its not something really bad that might trigger people.

This is literally the premise of the story though:
-Random normal person walks into someplace dangerous without realizing it.
-They try to charm their way out of danger, but fail and is instead stabbed to death with a sword through the back.
-Their dead body is raised as a shambling corpse and her mind is locked up inside her head unable to control herself or do literally anything, but still feels the sensations of her walking dead body that she has no control over and is now effectively a slave of the person who murdered her specifically to accomplish this.

The End.

That doesn't strike you as a story dark enough to trigger someone with no fair chance to know what they were getting into?

Nah.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Outstanding translation. Also I get why people might want to tag it horror as a TW, but tragedy? Seriously?

Not sure if serious, but the answer is Guinevere, Morgan and Rin. This is for a fairly broad definition of fucking, though, because canon implies Morgan basically just magically extracted Saber's sperm (she was a futanari at the time, long story); and also Rin was really the one fucking Saber, not the other way around. Some people like to think Dark Sakura had a turn too.

Oh, I guessed all three correctly! Hooray ~

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Unfortunate. I wanted them to have something sweet and for the witch to turn out to just be misunderstood. WELP. ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ

Honestly, I'm kind of sick of the "evil girl was just misunderstood" trope. It's such a cliche at this point

That being said, Knight's condescending attitude didn't earn a lot of sympathy points lol

what are you on about? condecending attitude is equal to being enslaved as an undead that can’t even talk to an psychopath witch? eh?

Obviously if it happened in reality, it is horrifying and disproportionate but in a weird cartoony story, exaggerated vengeance can be much more amusing.

I would have liked for this to be a part one and seen how knight gets out of it and continues to have over the top dark slapstick adventures. It could be a hilarious concept if the author leaned into the silly side more and Knight always recovered after

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

She should have just told her she was going to go get some milk from the store

Now that's a foolproof plan for leaving

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Am I the only one that feels like you guys are taking this a bit too seriously? I thought the vibe was just comedic for the most part, especially considering the Undertale references

Simply pointing out that this was super dark and that fucks with some people so there should be a fair warning about it is not taking anything "too" seriously. This is a manga hosting site, not someone's private Discord. There is no good reason to sucker in readers who wouldn't want to read something into reading something they definitely won't enjoy, whether they're just being "too sensitive" or not is actually besides the point because it benefits no one to do it in the first place. It's like sending people a jumpscare video; totally fine to do with your friends but if you put a jumpscare video hidden in a book frame at a library then you're just an asshole for no good reason.

It's disrespectful and at best, wasting other people's time without giving them a choice in the matter.
Books should be labeled properly, end of story.

To reply you must either login or sign up.