Forum › I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Thought the event was gonna get shut down due to suspected terrorist activity or something.

That too, yes.

joined Jan 11, 2014

Rose is hilariously delightful. Her and Benika have zero chemistry together but somehow they are so endearing.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I'm just distracted by the "I can't see the fireworks" plotline. Like ... Fireworks are in the sky. Especially if you're close to them, you're looking up

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Surprised by the use of atlatl.

last edited at Jun 25, 2023 8:10AM

joined May 10, 2021

Whew that agent was quite dedicated to her job, almost too much eh
But I guess it means Rose & Benika are safe for now?
Thanks for the update!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Excellent analysis.

Quite the opposite.

last edited at Jun 28, 2023 1:36PM

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Getting your head cracked open to present the possibility that Rose loves Benika enough to not let her see you get your head cracked open seems very high risk, low reward lol but what do I know

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

Whew that agent was quite dedicated to her job, almost too much eh

"For now" being the key word here. Hints suggest it won't last long.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

So I am a little confused at this development because earlier in the story the assassination director stated that the best way to use assassins is to give them what they want or else they might turn against you, and now they're just like "alright we NEED to blackmail her to keep her under our thumb" and it's like I get that they don't want to lose what is their best agent but I feel like they already know the correct answer here which is that you don't make an enemy out of someone exceptionally good at killing people, who has also proven to be exceptionally good at keeping attackers at bay.

And like okay if Father Shirafune gets targeted for a liquidation she's not going to do it and they know that at this point, but again like y'all you saw her do that thing with the broken glass just make her kill some priests she doesn't have a connection to and call it a day.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Making recoding perfect gun sounds with her mouth?

This really is a silly comic Init?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So I am a little confused at this development because earlier in the story the assassination director stated that the best way to use assassins is to give them what they want or else they might turn against you, and now they're just like "alright we NEED to blackmail her to keep her under our thumb" and it's like I get that they don't want to lose what is their best agent but I feel like they already know the correct answer here which is that you don't make an enemy out of someone exceptionally good at killing people, who has also proven to be exceptionally good at keeping attackers at bay.

And like okay if Father Shirafune gets targeted for a liquidation she's not going to do it and they know that at this point, but again like y'all you saw her do that thing with the broken glass just make her kill some priests she doesn't have a connection to and call it a day.

The two masterminds make no sense at all, they seem very paranoid. She hires her for a job, has her stalked, puts her job on hiatus, tries to arrest her, has her stalked... Like what went wrong in your confidence In her. Meanwhile he hires him and the very next day gets paranoid about him being a traitor snitch

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah, this was a fun premise, and I'll keep reading, but I feel the plot has gone off the rails, such as they were.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Yeah, this was a fun premise, and I'll keep reading, but I feel the plot has gone off the rails, such as they were.

I've been feeling the same way for a while. I like the mcs but the storyline feels like it doesn't much care for making sense.

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

"She has strong feelings for the girl because she didn't let her friend die in front of her"

Huuuh??? Even if Rose didn't have strong feelings for Benika, letting the friend die could also very much blow the strategy of her getting close to her target's daughter that they thought she had. Benika could then ask "why didn't you try to hold her?" and get mad, or she could be so sad she didn't want to date anymore or not date Rose. OR she could save the friend's life because police would obviously be called for a dead body and a hitman has many reasons to avoid cops OR simply because the situation would be super uncomfortable and troublesome and she doesn't want to deal with that.

Like, there are many other reasons why Rose would save the friend's life other than "oh she wants to shield her eyes so she has strong feelings." What a dumb dumb conclusion. Really half-assed.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

NOW THAT'S METAL.

No, that's glass.

Raining glass.
From the obliterated sky.
Falling down hard.
Using their shards.
Now she'll slice them with GLASS!

Now that touches my metal machine.

It's also close to midnight.

Time to bark at the moon.

as long as you don't 'walk on water'

Can't walk on water when there's smoke on the water.

And fire in the sky.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

So they did figure it out regarding the mix up,the hitmen know she's one of them but not sure which,the church is very much still in the dark,and now they're going to softly beat around the deadly bush.

Also,that last gun looks like it was referenced but not as much as it should.

Quite odd.

From the barrel and overall shape, it seems to be a 40mm grenade launcher with some unusual accessories tacked on that make it look weird: an underbarrel flashlight and foregrip, most obviously. (EDIT: And then the back end looks a bit like a Kalashnikov.) (EDIT #2: Thought for a second that what I took for a huge muzzle might actually be an integral suppressor and it could be a subsonic rifle like a VSS Vintorez, but it's doesn't really look like anything I've found while googling. I'm gonna stop before I go down a rabbit hole.)

Oh no you don't!

You get back in that hole!

And that AR-ish adjustable stock too...

joined Jun 16, 2023

So they did figure it out regarding the mix up,the hitmen know she's one of them but not sure which,the church is very much still in the dark,and now they're going to softly beat around the deadly bush.

Also,that last gun looks like it was referenced but not as much as it should.

Quite odd.

From the barrel and overall shape, it seems to be a 40mm grenade launcher with some unusual accessories tacked on that make it look weird: an underbarrel flashlight and foregrip, most obviously. (EDIT: And then the back end looks a bit like a Kalashnikov.) (EDIT #2: Thought for a second that what I took for a huge muzzle might actually be an integral suppressor and it could be a subsonic rifle like a VSS Vintorez, but it's doesn't really look like anything I've found while googling. I'm gonna stop before I go down a rabbit hole.)

Oh no you don't!

You get back in that hole!

And that AR-ish adjustable stock too...

And Picatinny Rails, as well. It's a bit of a Franken-weapon, really.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

She thinks Rose might be double-crossing them with the church. She understandably thinks that her being the lover of father Shirafune's daughter is too ludicrous a coincidence to be the whole truth.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Please tell me you noticed it was suspicious she didn't even try to break her fall, Rose. No normal person is like that, she was obviously purposely trying not to react.

joined Aug 11, 2022

The church/priest side: "I had the brilliant idea to give one of our random priest a rosary containing a bunch of top secrets stolen from Hitmen servers! There is no way this can backfire and hurt us! It will be totally hidden! Wait is this actually a mistake and he betraying us!? Oh wait nvm...I am confused but the rosary is still safe...standby for orders for now!!!"

Hitmen side: "Running a hitmen organization, offering freedom+lots of money to kill a priest(s), Wondering who this woman meeting the priest is....What a amazing skilled person...wait she is one of ours!? What do you she is one of our workers!? THERE IS NO WAY/coincidence THAT SHE JUST BE HAPPENING TO BE DATING THE DAUGHTER OF THE PRIEST WE MARKED HOLDING VITAL INFO ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION, THERE MUST BE SOME SORT OF PLAN....wait nvm she might actually be in love...maybe? let keep being creepy by watching them for now! But I must say our undercover spy is quite talented to be betting her life like that!!!"

I kind of wanted to see the awkward movement when the church and hitmen side realized that had worked together [they know about it but it would be funnier to see their reaction lol XD]

Uncover Agent: ('Holy Sh*t, I almost died just now, wait was that a test just now!?...wonder why she is making those clicking noise, they kind of sound like a gun but eh I am overthinking things...the things I do for money...')

Now the more important question...does Rose's girlfriend like blondes/red heads [Can't tell her hair color] more than black hair or she just neutral...?

last edited at Jun 29, 2023 2:11PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I don't know you, but all I see is a new yuri couple to ship...

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Spies from both sides are gonna fall in love with each other, huh?

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah, new ship is sailing into the story.

And like I suppose I should have expected something like this the moment Rose started talking about her prisoner guard conundrum, if the assassination agency was just going to let her go no problem then Rose would not have to make the hard choice of either killing someone close to her to get her freedom or dying as a result of refusing to kill him.

Though of course just like the conundrum if all gets out in the open and Rose and Shirafune get to working together there might be a third better way out.

joined May 10, 2021

I certainly have no idea what's going on (or I kinda do, but whether it makes sense or not is a different story) and I'm starting to lose interest.
I'll keep reading for our cute main ship and the silly straight faced comedy though.
Thanks for the translation!

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

You know a manga is good when it stops developing the original main characters and starts introducing new characters every other chapter instead

To reply you must either login or sign up.