Forum › I Quit Being a Man ~Got Cancer so I Decided to Dress up as a Woman and Fall in Love~ discussion

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This is already so wild lmao

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh wow, having cancer and then just going for it, atta girl, live your own life for as long as possible!!!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was something alright.

It went from 0 to 100 real fast.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Waited a long time for this one, glad to see it getting translated, good work.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

huh, well I'll see where this goes. It definitely does start strong but I suppose I have yet to see if it's a strong start in the right direction. I am hopeful though.

joined Jul 10, 2022

Babe wake up, new trans manga just dropped

Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

Personally don't really understand the need for the "cancer plot point" but hoping she beats it and get to live out her life.

Also, obligatory Fuck Cancer.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

AngelsDoNotCry posted:

Personally don't really understand the need for the "cancer plot point" but hoping she beats it and get to live out her life.

The "cancer plot point" is to give her an impetus and the motivation to go for broke.

"If I don't do it now, I may never be able to".

kurisumx Uploader
89910604_p0
ElPsyKongroo
joined Nov 21, 2020

Fuck God for being an awful writer then, since this is based on true events lol

milleniumbug Uploader
Av_192x192
Magical Translators
joined Oct 10, 2022

The direct connection between "I got cancer" and "I gonna live as a woman" is not yet established within the manga, but it's quite easy to deduce the possible reason: it's the "oh god I don't wanna die as a man" dysphoric thought.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

AngelsDoNotCry posted:

The "cancer plot point" is to give her an impetus and the motivation to go for broke.

"If I don't do it now, I may never be able to".

It actually explained so much, as I was reading the beginning I kept wondering why she went for such a skimpy outfit when she was clearly uncomfortable with it. I kept wondering why not start with something less revealing and then just gradually work your way through different fashions if you feel like it. Also "based on true events", so the story elements may not have been chosen entirely for plot convenience.

Edit: I also completely... well, I read the title but for some reason the word "cancer" did not register... hence my puzzlement on why she was pushing herself.

last edited at Feb 6, 2023 3:30PM

Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

Fuck God for being an awful writer then, since this is based on true events lol

Oh it a autobiography? Then I apologize to the author and take back what I've said.

Edit: Yeah I had to check the story a few times to see what I was missing and it was the line at the bottom of Pg.5. That my bad.

last edited at Feb 6, 2023 2:58PM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Wish that was me (also a man-born in the process of transitioning). Well, except for the cancer part of course. Aaand the pervert part lol. (I need to stop making comments before finishing the chapters lol)

last edited at Feb 6, 2023 3:36PM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

A leukemia diagnosis is what pushed my best friend to start transitioning. And also pushed me to tell her just how much she matters to me. Chemo was brutal and she was contemplating giving up... Well, I wanted to make it perfectly clear just how much having her in my life. That was years ago... And she calls me wife almost every day. ♥

P.S. Fuck cancer. Kill that crab.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Anyways this is really interesting, and that it's based off a real life story is even better. Also I can relate to a whole lot of stuff on this, like so much times I've wondered myself would they think I'm a woman or just a guy dressed with woman clothing and that thought made me nauseous, scared, terrified or full of hatred to myself. But day by day I'm more convinced it's a me thing, it's me who's gotta be fully convinced of who I am and who I wanna be, because I can't control what other people think and, at the end, it doesn't really matter, it just matters that I am true to myself.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"Based on true events" can mean anything; I'm not sure how many of the details I'd credit to that ^^;

joined Sep 10, 2021

Best title ever lmao

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Manga transwomen are always beautiful. No adam apple, no large shoulders or hands, no square jaw. Always pass flawlessly.

joined Dec 30, 2018

Looks interesting since this is based on true events i really hope the person this was inspired by is well and alive

Obligatory fuck cancer

And obligatory respect our trans kings and queens

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Huh, interesting!

A leukemia diagnosis is what pushed my best friend to start transitioning. And also pushed me to tell her just how much she matters to me. Chemo was brutal and she was contemplating giving up... Well, I wanted to make it perfectly clear just how much having her in my life. That was years ago... And she calls me wife almost every day. ♥

This made me tear up. Good for you guys.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

Manga transwomen are always beautiful. No adam apple, no large shoulders or hands, no square jaw. Always pass flawlessly.

some days this annoys me, some days it makes me happy. the brain is a funny thing

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's a title alright, that's one fucking title omg

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

This is so beautiful. I'm so happy for you two.

Foz2wlix0aasgmn
joined Oct 28, 2021

best title ever LOL

To reply you must either login or sign up.