Forum › Why is My Crush so Hard on Me? discussion

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Right. Hit her head. I must say I gotta hand it to the author for just head-on having the kid basically not remember.

I was about to write something to that effect. I like it, it's straightforward enough, she just forgot and it's funny :P

last edited at Jun 9, 2023 6:09AM

SmokedSalmon
C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Right. Hit her head. I must say I gotta hand it to the author for just head-on having the kid basically not remember. It's not mistaken identity or anything like that, she's just "Ahh, I was a kid, I'm sure I thought it was important at the time but that was a long time ago . . . something happened, I guess."
Really, manga writers never do that. In manga the childhood puppy-love romance is always by far the most important thing that happened in your life, remaining in your mind as though it were yesterday and changing your whole subsequent life course and, often, personality. So this is kind of refreshing even if I think it takes a world class ditz to forget THAT hard.

yeah, i was like, SHE REALLY can’t remember 0.0, question tho, will we get an logical explanation on way her memory of that period is missing???

Not remembering that kind of stuff is normal though, isn't it? I certainly "remember" several kids I used to play with from my childhood while at the same time I'm totally unable to recall their faces/name/whatever at all, they're just like amorphous blobs in the back of my mind haha.

last edited at Jun 9, 2023 6:35AM

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I mean she liked her back then and "forgot" about her... But then when she "found" her again she still fell for her, so I don't see a problem here.
I'm surprised I didn't see a gun in Akari's hand when she demanded she tried harder to remember.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I mean she liked her back then and "forgot" about her... But then when she "found" her again she still fell for her, so I don't see a problem here.
I'm surprised I didn't see a gun in Akari's hand when she demanded she tried harder to remember.

Bring forgotten, after all that was said, sure must hurt

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

All y'all saying she just needs to wear the glasses again, I think you're right.

joined May 3, 2014

ohoho guys we are at the HAND HOLDING IN THE THEATER stage! progress! by chapter 13 huhuhu :3

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Yui is an angel.

Playing wingwoman for these two is so exasperating, I know I wouldn't be able to do it.

I hope she herself gets a girlfriend before the conclusion.

last edited at Aug 6, 2023 1:35AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Yui is an angel.

Playing wingwoman for these two is so exasperating, I know I wouldn't be able to do it.

I hope she herself gets a girlfriend before the conclusion.

She deserves a whole harem for what she's doing.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Good job Yui-chan for creating the movie date.

And Akari-chan, come on now, you shouldn't be yelling at your matchmaker. Beside, you re indeed a totl scaredy cat. ><

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Yui trying her best to help those two

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Right. Hit her head. I must say I gotta hand it to the author for just head-on having the kid basically not remember. It's not mistaken identity or anything like that, she's just "Ahh, I was a kid, I'm sure I thought it was important at the time but that was a long time ago . . . something happened, I guess."
Really, manga writers never do that. In manga the childhood puppy-love romance is always by far the most important thing that happened in your life, remaining in your mind as though it were yesterday and changing your whole subsequent life course and, often, personality. So this is kind of refreshing even if I think it takes a world class ditz to forget THAT hard.

yeah, i was like, SHE REALLY can’t remember 0.0, question tho, will we get an logical explanation on way her memory of that period is missing???

Not remembering that kind of stuff is normal though, isn't it? I certainly "remember" several kids I used to play with from my childhood while at the same time I'm totally unable to recall their faces/name/whatever at all, they're just like amorphous blobs in the back of my mind haha.

Well, but how old were you then and how old are you now? This is not that huge a gap in time as far as I can see. Which is why even though I think the basic approach is "refreshing" it's still kind of silly. I mean, it's bad when your last gasp of plausibility comes from "Well, maybe she doesn't recognize her because she's got the Superman effect going, unrecognizable without glasses."

joined May 3, 2014

Well, but how old were you then and how old are you now? This is not that huge a gap in time as far as I can see. Which is why even though I think the basic approach is "refreshing" it's still kind of silly. I mean, it's bad when your last gasp of plausibility comes from "Well, maybe she doesn't recognize her because she's got the Superman effect going, unrecognizable without glasses."

sorry this manga ain’t the manga of the century, ain’t an master-craft at all, it’s just something you just read an turn your brain off, like KILL your brain type of turn off >.> , if you expect even a little realism you won’t get it, some time some stories you need to turn your brain off suspend your disbelieve a little and just enjoy, or not enjoy it since it’s not trying at all to make it even a little bit realistic 0.0

for me it’s kinda starting to piss me off like really bad (-.-) because how fucking stupid do you have to be not to understand that you are an asshole and her reason for being a Bitch with Capital B is S-T-U-P-I-D!!! yeah she forgot you! get over yourself.

i might just stop reading it and wait untill the last chapter is out so i can just JUMP to the supposed happy ending and spare myself of the author idea of milking the dumb plot…..

last edited at Aug 7, 2023 4:21AM

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I'm glad people are still trying to dissect the premise behind this "plot". I hope that before the last chapter, I'll be able to understand the plot and if it's realistic enough for my taste.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Akari-chan just braid your hair and wear your glasses to help Hina out PLEASE!?

last edited at Aug 7, 2023 9:31AM

Bald
joined Jul 26, 2019

I need more images like this

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I need more images like this

I think there is a work in here about "improber same sex fraternizing"

joined Feb 17, 2018

I gotta be that person
where's the second one from

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I gotta be that person
where's the second one from

2nd pic is from The Real Her:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_real_her_ch02#4

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

OK. There's "Idiot Couple" but these two are "Forget How To Breathe If Someone Doesn't Remind Them Every Five Minutes Couple!"

Also: HAND STUFF

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

WAUGH LOOK AT THEM
ABSOLUTE. IDIOTS.

They're the lesbians that are getting married and still don't know if the other person likes them back.

joined Apr 15, 2013

The real question is how the author is gonna walk this one back. Sudden head injury, anyone?

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

The real question is how the author is gonna walk this one back. Sudden head injury, anyone?

Truck-kun does his thing the next morning so she forgets everything

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

She really do just need the glasses. Oml

Cdc4f8204600edbf52fb0f34f39b246a~2
joined Jun 27, 2018

Praise Be

Purple_rgb125-0-175
joined Jan 31, 2018

I feel like the author will find another way to justify just how dense Hina is, but I'm not sure how

To reply you must either login or sign up.