Forum › Why is My Crush so Hard on Me? discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

I find the series hilarious. Thank you, translator.

The comment section is almost as funny.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I can't believe even Kamiya Hina would actively cheat on her fiance, right in front of her! Is there no depths she won't sink to? Will Honda Akari die of a broken heart? This is such a tragic story!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

go for the kill

no not like that

Instructions unclear and now Akari is close to committing second degree murder.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Why doesn't Dynasty have a Useless Lesbian tag for stuff like this

90% of the stuff posted here would get this tag.

The other 10% gets Useless Bisexual

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

In this case, Idiot Couple in the sense they use it on Dynasty is just fine. It's not like they're not both being idiots. It's a less happy version of Futari Monologue, and they're less intelligent than the two girls in that, to boot.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

"It feels like she just showed up out of nowhere"
— Author being self-conscious

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

i think it'd be hilarious if the missing variable was just the glasses and then hina would recognize her

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

This is BEYOND useless. Hina is a threat to society. If only Akari wasn’t down bad, she’d be better off with any of the girls confessing to her.

i think it'd be hilarious if the missing variable was just the glasses and then hina would recognize her

LMAO it would be
but given that with (1) same hair colour (2) same city (3) SAME NAME Hina didn’t notice it was her, she probably fucking forgot.
it’d be logical to think “her name is honda akari, she’s my age, she’s blonde… how many girls like that can exist in one city/neighbourhood? maybe this is akari-chan”
Hina, girl… holy fuck

last edited at May 20, 2023 7:44PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmm I think this chapter is like "oh, she's coming off as too abrasive, I need to make her anger look relatable" by the author... Even had to pull the "you know I forget things often" card.

But holding that grudge for too long is bad for both and won't change a thing but if she really forgot, just like that, that's really bad too... so if they're both useless and even with someone trying to help they're still useless, this might be doomed unless something radical happens.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

That's probably it. And then when Hina realizes it she'll think that it was Akari that forgot her. And we'll dance this dance for a while.

joined Aug 20, 2022

That's probably it. And then when Hina realizes it she'll think that it was Akari that forgot her. And we'll dance this dance for a while.

Well, that would change things up at least!

joined Apr 15, 2013

I'm starting to think Akari is pretty justified being mad about this now. That said, she really needs to suck it up and just talk to Hina so this series doesn't get dragged out to hell and back. Reading this and the Sal Jiang series at the same time is gonna give me an aneurysm.

joined Apr 15, 2013

You are one hundred percent correct and I hate it.

joined Dec 11, 2022

Dang wonder why her crush is so hard on her?

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

She forgor

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm starting to think Akari is pretty justified being mad about this now. That said, she really needs to suck it up and just talk to Hina so this series doesn't get dragged out to hell and back. Reading this and the Sal Jiang series at the same time is gonna give me an aneurysm.

Why does everyone want this to be a oneshot?
What do you mean you don't want 20Chapters

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Or it could go even harder on Hina and have a chapter were her mom is present, who then sees Akari and say "oh isn't she that Akari girl you used to play with?"

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

yeah i think it's not a matter of not remembering, just not recognizing her. her look has changed substantially

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Roundabout twist: Akari gets Hina to fall for her and then disappears.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Hina-Chan broke the sacred pinky swear.
Off to hell you f@#kin bitch!

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Poor akari… that’s what happens when u put too much faith in someone. They’ll end up disappointing u.

Akari-n
joined May 22, 2022

Seems more like amnesia now

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Right. Hit her head. I must say I gotta hand it to the author for just head-on having the kid basically not remember. It's not mistaken identity or anything like that, she's just "Ahh, I was a kid, I'm sure I thought it was important at the time but that was a long time ago . . . something happened, I guess."
Really, manga writers never do that. In manga the childhood puppy-love romance is always by far the most important thing that happened in your life, remaining in your mind as though it were yesterday and changing your whole subsequent life course and, often, personality. So this is kind of refreshing even if I think it takes a world class ditz to forget THAT hard.

joined May 3, 2014

Right. Hit her head. I must say I gotta hand it to the author for just head-on having the kid basically not remember. It's not mistaken identity or anything like that, she's just "Ahh, I was a kid, I'm sure I thought it was important at the time but that was a long time ago . . . something happened, I guess."
Really, manga writers never do that. In manga the childhood puppy-love romance is always by far the most important thing that happened in your life, remaining in your mind as though it were yesterday and changing your whole subsequent life course and, often, personality. So this is kind of refreshing even if I think it takes a world class ditz to forget THAT hard.

yeah, i was like, SHE REALLY can’t remember 0.0, question tho, will we get an logical explanation on way her memory of that period is missing???

Screenshot%202024-04-26%20233149
joined Jan 17, 2021

I'm a sucker for tsunderes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.