Forum › I See You, Aizawa-san! discussion

ZeroTheYuriLover
Screenshot_183-min
joined Jan 2, 2022

i hope this remains a pure comedy mainly because comedys that become dramas usually are dissapointing or i just skip the drama

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

SMACK SMACKITY SMACK,it's SUPER MEGA ALLYOUR FAULT.

Now how to fix it in the most ghastly of ways?...

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021
  • Expectation: Senpai will finally shine some light on what's happening and help steer Michi in the right direction.
  • Reality: Senpai is clueless and there's no brakes on this train.

Didn't see that coming but I love it. From a girl who sees ghosts and refuses to acknowledge them, to a girl who doesn't understand ghosts and always calls them out. The status quo won't survive a single normal conversation between Sayaka and Michi if Aizawa's present. And if I were Aizawa, Sayaka would be the first person I'd try to get to help untangling this mess.

I guess this confirms Kasumi's hairclip was hidden on the locker because of bullying. Sayaka's line about lots of creepy people at school lately either means she only got these powers recently or something's drawing all the ghosts here. And while she is dense as a handsome brick, Sayaka's not a complete idiot. She came up with a clear excuse about club to get Kasumi out of talking to that guy and is extremely wary of Michi. Not without reason since Kasumi might have a crush on both girls.

There's also a bit of weirdness in Kasumi saying chapter 3 was the 2nd time she and Michi spoke, while Michi did say she'd never spoken to anyone since school started. Could be important.

Though it's understated (it'll be hard to beat this chapter's lack of ghosts record) I love Dorothy's varied approaches to horror. Even these silly drawings come with tense anticipation and letting your imagination run wild with the ghosts' actual appearance. The blood and sounds of the cat in particular must be nasty, but the man is practically deformed beyond recognition; he's like something out of Otherside Picnic. This manga's making a strong example case for the shared elements in writing comedy and horror.

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

A character that is so clueless about everything that they don't even know they can see ghosts. Simply amazing. No thoughts, head empty.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

Though it's understated (it'll be hard to beat this chapter's lack of ghosts record) I love Dorothy's varied approaches to horror. Even these silly drawings come with tense anticipation and letting your imagination run wild with the ghosts' actual appearance. The blood and sounds of the cat in particular must be nasty, but the man is practically deformed beyond recognition; he's like something out of Otherside Picnic. This manga's making a strong example case for the shared elements in writing comedy and horror.

yknow i was just thinking it would be a funny gag if those drawings are actually exactly how the ghosts appear to sayaka. she is in the calligraphy club after all

joined Apr 10, 2023

I seriously doubt Senpai's supposed ignorant act. She'd be able to tell other people can't see what she sees at some point, she put her hand on Aizawa's shoulder, and she definitely stopped Michi from asking more questions that might lead to Kasumi realizing she was not herself for a moment there with the possession. She'd have to be a very good actor for her poker face this chapter to hold up but I find that more plausible than her just thinking everything she sees is mundane.

Edit: the thing about Kasumi and Michi having a first meeting that Michi doesn't remember means that at their "first" conversation, Kasumi calling Michi "Michi-chan" was foreshadowing this whole time. This manga is so good lol. This would also imply that whatever was possessing Michi at the time was posing as her and could talk, unlike Aizawa.

last edited at May 14, 2023 3:40AM

Screenshot%202024-04-26%20233149
joined Jan 17, 2021

That cat thing again reminds me of Meiruko.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

she put her hand on Aizawa's shoulder, and she definitely stopped Michi from asking more questions that might lead to Kasumi realizing she was not herself for a moment there with the possession

Putting her hand on Aizawa's shoulder seems perfectly in-line with not realizing anything. She walked in after Aizawa stopped possessing Kasumi, and Aizawa's wearing the school uniform, so she would have just looked like a random student who was there with Kasumi and Michi for no good reason. Sayaka noticeably also immediately blames Michi for the strange position she and Kasumi are in, not Aizawa.

And she therefore probably wasn't stopping Michi from saying anything that would let Kasumi know she'd been possessed, but rather anything that would let Kasumi remember how she'd been snuggling with Michi. Simple jealousy.

Of course she could just be an absurdly good actor, but I don't think there's anything that contradicts what's being shown of her being truly oblivious. Michi had the ability to see ghosts since childhood, so Sayaka's likely the same and that's why she thinks everyone can see them.

joined Jul 22, 2014

This chapter is bit boring maybe it's Kasumi perspective?
Also why does it feel like an inspiration for Liar Satsuki?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Senpai really confirmed to see as well.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

i see paisen's a proud member of the Idiot couple club

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

"There's something about off-beat girls; I always end up..."

Does she know?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

One misunderstanding after another.

At least Honamin didn't make any mistake: she got it right that it's all her fault.

All this time I kind of assumed that Kasumi had a romantic thing for Michi, but... maybe I was wrong and Sayaka is the one for her?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

What is going through my mind is that if Mc ever tried to confront Senpai about her being an oblivious idiot... It can't happen at school, because Mc would have to admit that she can see ghosts too and Aizawa would witness it, and probably be upset

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

ope
aizawa did an oopsie

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Sayaka is an instant favorite!! What an adorable innocent girl, I just want to pinch her cheeks whenever she sparkles. Her lack of awareness about her charm and ability is too cute.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

There's also a bit of weirdness in Kasumi saying chapter 3 was the 2nd time she and Michi spoke, while Michi did say she'd never spoken to anyone since school started. Could be important.

Edit: the thing about Kasumi and Michi having a first meeting that Michi doesn't remember means that at their "first" conversation, Kasumi calling Michi "Michi-chan" was foreshadowing this whole time. This manga is so good lol. This would also imply that whatever was possessing Michi at the time was posing as her and could talk, unlike Aizawa.

Running with this idea, I'll take it further and say that the little girl we saw in Ch 8 wasn't an illusion or a memory and is actually something/someone that's tied to Michi but staying hidden, maybe a sibling that died young, maybe even a twin.

last edited at May 20, 2023 6:29AM

joined Aug 10, 2016

fr fr

also I know Micchi won't go for it because she's a socially stunted coward, but wow I hope she eventually lets the senpai know that those are all ghosts and she can see them too

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I’m so curious about those sigils/runes, especially since Sayaka mentioned that there’s a bunch

I get the feeling that we’re going to see a pivot to proper horror eventually

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Every time a new chapter is translated, I come here to write that this manga is CRAZY GOOD.

I fear I'm becoming repetitive and boring.

Still, this was another awesome chapter and this manga is crazy good.

Aizawa pretty much steals the limelight, as usual. Her guilt-trip over the messy situation was so adorable. But Honda comes a close second! I love the story and all the characters.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Is Aizawa just wanting Michi and Kasumi to be friends or is all the flowery background and that face meaning she's shipping them?

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

SMACK SMACKITY SMACK,it's SUPER MEGA ALLYOUR FAULT.

Now how to fix it in the most ghastly of ways?...

By having Horimitsu fix everything by simply overpowering it all,hot damn.

Also,pretty hilarious to simply see her pick Aizawa up like a bully from a good classic cartoon would,albeit she doesn't weigh anything in the first place.

joined Nov 10, 2022

Hope this manga have anime adaptation, I love it

joined Jul 5, 2019

Fr fr

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A lot of adorable little ghost punches. :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.