Forum › After Kissing Many Girls, I Became A Yuri Kisser... discussion

joined Jul 8, 2019

All the discusion here seems to miss an important point: What kind of superhuman power does have that misterious woman of Kanon's past to be able to utter so cheesy a line as "if you do that, we'll always be conected by happiness" and it not, I repeat, NOT being corny?

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Blue Archive's Kayoko is the villain now. Intriguing.

Fun chapter, love the over the top gay shit and impressed by the tragic backstory actually fitting in, somehow. I guess it was because it wasn't played for pity or laughs or anything. Looking forward to seeing Kayoko conquered taken down by the Great Yuri Kisser.

Page 33 has a wall covered with what I believe is markings trying to mimic the 10 sephirot, which is in broad strokes of the brush bullshit Jewish mythos (disclaimer: am Jew) about the grace of god or some such, and a bunch Hebrew letters that are scrambled in an absolute mess and make up no coherent anything, except for the top-left one that spells out what translates to... fishing rod. I'm pretty certain it's at least written properly, with proper nikud and everything. The item on the sephirot its location parallels is that of Binah, or intelligence/wisdom, which makes sense because the Hebrew word would be חכמה, so they missed a letter yeah, no. this was gibberish the whole time and nothing was planned lol.

The parts of the wall that are fucked up parallel the locations of at the top Keter, literally crown - probably refers to god themselves, and at the bottom-left Hod, or grace/regality. That means nothing to me as of now. Maybe god is dead and the new god is yuri? Would be amusing.

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 7:33AM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Page 33 has a wall covered with what I believe is markings trying to mimic the 10 sephirot, which is in broad strokes of the brush bullshit Jewish mythos (disclaimer: am Jew) about the grace of god or some such, and a bunch Hebrew letters that are scrambled in an absolute mess and make up no coherent anything, except for the top-left one that spells out what translates to... fishing rod. I'm pretty certain it's at least written properly, with proper nikud and everything. The item on the sephirot its location parallels is that of Binah, or intelligence/wisdom, which makes sense because the Hebrew word would be חכמה, so they missed a letter yeah, no. this was gibberish the whole time and nothing was planned lol.

It's actually the Qlipot which are supposed to be the opposite of the Sefirot. I.e. they represent evil forces
Though on the wall it's upside down, the normal orientation is the same as what you can see on the pendant thing so they actually correspond to Yesod and Chokhmah... I think

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 8:48AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

It's actually the Qlipot... so they actually correspond to Yesod and Chokhmah... I think

You might be correct, so good catch on that. edit Yeah, you're probably right, I missed the parts of the pendant that are missing at first. Also, yeah, the top part seems to be Yesod (foundation) and the other is Chokhmah (wisdom/intelligence but in a different manner to that of Binah)

I still can't be too certain about the whole qlipoth thing, since it doesn't seem to have a representation like the sephiroth's tree and no set-in-stone opposites as far as I'm aware. I'm also not sure why Malkuth (majesty) is completely absent, but I guess we'll see.

I mean, honestly, the whole thing is messily introduced to say the least lol. With how gibberish the Hebrew is, I can't take it all too seriously, really.

Reading a bit and holy crap the whole concept of the qlipoth is arbitrary to a wholly separate level of amusing. For some reason, Fire is in direct opposite to the sephiroth. God is pyrophobic, I guess.

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 10:43AM

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

We actually had a bit of a dive into the details of the sefirot and how they're being used. The story so far seems to match what we did find of the Kabbalah and the qlifot and sefirot.

As for the one missing from the tree of life completely, it seems like there are designs that simply forgo one of the central ones.

joined Jan 6, 2017

It's actually the Qlipot... so they actually correspond to Yesod and Chokhmah... I think

You might be correct, so good catch on that. edit Yeah, you're probably right, I missed the parts of the pendant that are missing at first. Also, yeah, the top part seems to be Yesod (foundation) and the other is Chokhmah (wisdom/intelligence but in a different manner to that of Binah)

I still can't be too certain about the whole qlipoth thing, since it doesn't seem to have a representation like the sephiroth's tree and no set-in-stone opposites as far as I'm aware. I'm also not sure why Malkuth (majesty) is completely absent, but I guess we'll see.

I mean, honestly, the whole thing is messily introduced to say the least lol. With how gibberish the Hebrew is, I can't take it all too seriously, really.

Reading a bit and holy crap the whole concept of the qlipoth is arbitrary to a wholly separate level of amusing. For some reason, Fire is in direct opposite to the sephiroth. God is pyrophobic, I guess.

The Qliphoth in that shape seems to be used in "demology" and other such things that don't have much basis in Jewish mysticism, rather they tend to stem from Christianity and occult stuff that came from Christianity

Just from looking at it a bit I saw stuff saying the Qliphoth each represent different demons, which is what I'm guessing this is going for considering a lot of them seem to put Beelzebub on Chokhmah's place (and Beelzebub was the demon they fought before that part of the pendant light lit up when she kissed Yukina) and while we didn't get a demon with Karen I saw most stuff associate the bottom bit with Naamah who is supposed to be a succubus, i.e. a demon who feeds on desire, and Karen's thing was granting everyone what they desire.

So I'd say, try not to think about it from a Jewish perspective. It's probably more based on the bastardisation of the Christian bastardisation of the original concepts

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Na'ama appears (briefly) in the latest chapter, right at the start.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Na'ama appears (briefly) in the latest chapter, right at the start.

So she does. Well, I guess I was right then.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

So I'd say, try not to think about it from a Jewish perspective. It's probably more based on the bastardisation of the Christian bastardisation of the original concepts

Feels like a (bastardization of a bastardization)^4, but you do make a good point. Can't say I'm an expert on either Christian or Jewish demonology, to begin with, so eh. Am curious where the story plans on taking this, though.

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 4:00PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh no a yuri zombie virus AND IT'S TRANSMITTED MOUTH TO MOUTH.

Truly who could have seen this coming.

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

But a yuri zombie kissing plague is non-consensual yuri.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Kiss fight! Kiss fight! Kiss fight!
Oh, shut up!
(kissfight)

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

oh no a yuri zombie virus AND IT'S TRANSMITTED MOUTH TO MOUTH.

But a yuri zombie kissing plague is non-consensual yuri.

Yes, viruses are famous for not asking for your consent before infecting you.

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

"Infected, new zombie"

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

I can hear it now...

And she must kiss n' tear too,everysingle student in the school.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Oh no! How will we defeat the yuri kiss plague?

(Sources say: more kissing.)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

You FOOL! you unleash a KISING PLAGUE vs the KISSING HEALER

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

"I'm surrounded by raging lesbians".

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The only thing the victims had in common was a web site - dynasty something - on their phones.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Well, at least this one in particular should be much easier to handle, if the victims are eager to do the thing that will cure them. Might need to keep those energy refills coming fast, though.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Yurimon, gotta kiss em all!

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Will she need to attend to every singular case, or will curing patient zero be enough? I'm... uh... partial to the former.

I'll be honest, probably the single time I did not expect a teacher angle and it fucking blindsides me, I am not against this.

I'm also pretty certain a few of Mira's works have a very similar premise to this chapter's. If it goes the same route I will not mind the slightest, just saying.

I also just love everything about pages 24-25. Especially Lyriel's reaction and the two girls going ham in the front, who I am convinced for no reason are actually just doing it for fun and not under the influence of anything.

Classy-Nessi
23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

OK, I love where this is going...!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Everyone has been cursed?! No, my child, blessed.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I know it's the least weird thing about this, but it bothers me a bit that other teachers don't seem to exist at the school. Most unhinged chapter so far either way

To reply you must either login or sign up.