Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Screen%20shot%202022-05-23%20at%2011.57.51%20pm
joined May 20, 2022

Is this series posted on Sundays now? I am dying and need my fix. I hope the artist pushes at least two chapters tomorrow.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Is this series posted on Sundays now? I am dying and need my fix. I hope the artist pushes at least two chapters tomorrow.

apparently it is. I don't think it's very likely that we'll get more than one chapter.
it's torture waiting for Sunday to come and get only 4 pages but oh boy it's too good

joined May 20, 2022

The artist just posted on Twitter a new chapter! Patiently waiting for it to be translated and posted here!

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

The uncle seems cool
Can't wait to see what happens with this call...

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

New chapter out on mangadex
They both act decently smooth at the store but they're such messes, I love it

last edited at May 22, 2022 3:11PM

joined May 20, 2022

I am so invested in this manga. The art is incredibly well done—reminds me of a simpler Yoshiyuki Sadamoto art style—and the storyline is such a tease every week with the four pages. Can't wait until next week.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I have the same reaction to using the phone

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

New chapter out on mangadex

Wow, someone turned that around really quickly - an hour or so?

Big thank you to whoever is translating this.

Really looking forward to seeing it here.

joined Nov 4, 2010

MEDIC. I NEED A MEDIC. THESE TWO ARE TOO CUTE.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

THE NEW CHAPTER IS SO CUTE. AYA-SAN IS SUCH A MESS. They are both useless, I love it!!!

De00e7f3-5d55-4e3c-951c-ebac52dc90c4_1_102_o
joined Jul 14, 2021

this is yuri history in the making y'all

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

One thing i thought on re-reading - when the uncle says she 'has this' - going to concerts is something anyone can do so its not much of a 'thing to have' by itself- so it made me wonder if she is maybe in a band herself?

last edited at May 22, 2022 12:29PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

One thng i thought on re-reading - when the uncle says she 'has this' - going to concerts is something anyone can do so its not much of a 'thing to have' by itself- so it made me wonder if she is maybe in a band herself?

Well...

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

One thng i thought on re-reading - when the uncle says she 'has this' - going to concerts is something anyone can do so its not much of a 'thing to have' by itself- so it made me wonder if she is maybe in a band herself?

I kinda interpreted the uncle saying "you have this" as in him saying "you have your love for music in common, that's what you'll talk about". I'm like 99.8% sure that's what he meant

Well...

I don't think Mitsuki is in a band yet since she thinks so lowly of herself (she says how boring she is and how she has no friends — someone in a band, even with the worst self-esteem, would at least acknowledge that this is something to talk abt).
but we know for sure that at least at one point she'll have to confidence to perform (this art above could be a solo performance)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

wlftchtr82 posted:

I kinda interpreted the uncle saying "you have this" as in him saying "you have your love for music in common, that's what you'll talk about". I'm like 99.8% sure that's what he meant

That's how I saw it as well, it was really cool

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

wlftchtr82 posted:

That's how I saw it as well, it was really cool

yeah, I think it's kinda the whole message of the story if you ignore the yuri
it's abt ppl bonding over their love for music, and that's deep af

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

My girl was smooth as frick. Gotta work on the landing though.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I said this on reddit as well, but Rocker girl is an incredibly good flirt without knowing it. That's top energy right there. First the casual way she put gyaru's earbud in that one time in class, now just switching to first names. It's absolutely swoonworthy.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I feel like they'll soon need the idiot couple tag XD

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I said this on reddit as well, but Rocker girl is an incredibly good flirt without knowing it. That's top energy right there. First the casual way she put gyaru's earbud in that one time in class, now just switching to first names. It's absolutely swoonworthy.

Can someone be simultaneously this smooth and useless? Only one way to find out...

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

That's top energy right there. First the casual way she put gyaru's earbud in that one time in class, now just switching to first names. It's absolutely swoonworthy.

IT TRULY IS
i'm loving the representation of clumsy/useless tops lol

I feel like they'll soon need the idiot couple tag XD

i'm surprised it hasn't been added yet. They are both messes

last edited at May 22, 2022 12:30PM

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

I just realized while we have been trying to learn Gyaru’s name. Mitsuki (alt girl) has been knowing her name this whole time bc they are in the same class and sit next to each other.

The way that her friends probably call her “Aya-chan” while Mitsuki calls her “Aya-san” over the phone call. I wonder if Mitsuki will now tell Aya her first name or just her last name. Aya has to save her crush’s contact name as something, right?!

My questions/theories: Is Mitsuki a gender neutral name in Japan? Or will Aya ask Mitsuki in school if she has a brother/cousin bc they have the same last name? Or will Mitsuki lie flat out on her first/last name at the record store? Idkkk, it could go in a while different direction as well. But honestly, this series gets me through the week. Thank you for your fast translations Amarrez

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Oh my god. Mitsuki is absolutely flying by the seat of her pants, but she lands it every single time!

I'm completely addicted to this, their dynamic is sublime. The way Mitsuki manages to be smooth almost out of instinct coupled with Aya being ready to swoon over her for the smallest reasons. They're a perfect match.

I really hope that we'll get to see Aya swooning over her being on stage, I'm almost swooning myself just thinking about it lmao

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I just realized while we have been trying to learn Gyaru’s name. Mitsuki (alt girl) has been knowing her name this whole time bc they are in the same class and sit next to each other.

The way that her friends probably call her “Aya-chan” while Mitsuki calls her “Aya-san” over the phone call. I wonder if Mitsuki will now tell Aya her first name or just her last name. Aya has to save her crush’s contact name as something, right?!

My questions/theories: Is Mitsuki a gender neutral name in Japan? Or will Aya ask Mitsuki in school if she has a brother/cousin bc they have the same last name? Or will Mitsuki lie flat out on her first/last name at the record store? Idkkk, it could go in a while different direction as well. But honestly, this series gets me through the week. Thank you for your fast translations Amarrez

Mitsuki is indeed a unisex name, though overall more common for women afaik

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

ok but when are we gonna see more at school scenes so there can be a setup for aya to fall for mitsuki-at-school and have a severe dilemma

To reply you must either login or sign up.