Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

My questions/theories: Is Mitsuki a gender neutral name in Japan? Or will Aya ask Mitsuki in school if she has a brother/cousin bc they have the same last name? Or will Mitsuki lie flat out on her first/last name at the record store?

Mitsuki is mostly used for females ig but Aya is dense af she won't even notice and start calling her "Mistuki-kun".
But wow now that made me excited for next week, bc Mitsuki might lie about her name and surname on impulse, and that'd add more to the misunderstanding. But if she gives her surname that will make us eagerly wait for Aya to just f-ing notice the girl siting next to her and be like "wait, I've heard that name before"

ok but when are we gonna see more at school scenes so there can be a setup for aya to fall for mitsuki-at-school and have a severe dilemma

that development would be chef's kiss but I think the school setting will be used for Mitsuki to fall for Aya, not the other way around. she'll be listening to her honest opinions about her in gyaru-chan's conversations with her friends, without the other party knowing, and getting to see a side of Aya that she wouldn't show to her record store crush. until one day she'll get herself thinking "wow she's really cute and honest isn't she?" (that's when homegirl will notice she was hit by the gay)

that's my theory at least

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Question, the effect on the first page - think it's "sowa" - is it "worry", "panic", or something similar?

last edited at May 22, 2022 1:02PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Can someone be simultaneously this smooth and useless?

Happens way too often...

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Happens way too often...

The smoother moves are done by instinct

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

"Hips giving out"!??

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

"Hips giving out"!??

would make more sense if she said legs

Screen%20shot%202022-05-23%20at%2011.57.51%20pm
joined May 20, 2022

ok but when are we gonna see more at school scenes so there can be a setup for aya to fall for mitsuki-at-school and have a severe dilemma

that development would be chef's kiss but I think the school setting will be used for Mitsuki to fall for Aya, not the other way around. she'll be listening to her honest opinions about her in gyaru-chan's conversations with her friends, without the other party knowing, and getting to see a side of Aya that she wouldn't show to her record store crush. until one day she'll get herself thinking "wow she's really cute and honest isn't she?" (that's when homegirl will notice she was hit by the gay)

This would absolutely be an interesting storyline. Part of me is waiting for Aya, who doesn't return her feelings for Mitsuki in school mode, but is unknowingly falling for androgynous, record store Mitsuki.

last edited at May 22, 2022 6:30PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This would absolutely be an interesting storyline. And Aya doesn't return her feelings for Mitsuki in school mode, but is unknowingly falling for androgynous, record store Mitsuki.

She did get a little blush in chapter 4, so it's not totally impossible.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Happens way too often...

The smoother moves are done by instinct

Ah, and the uselessness starts when the brain takes over?

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

this is so cute im dying. The braids are a good look too.
Mitsuki should use her given name at school too so Aya gets deja vu.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

This would absolutely be an interesting storyline. And Aya doesn't return her feelings for Mitsuki in school mode, but is unknowingly falling for androgynous, record store Mitsuki.

well, idk how "straights" work but i too would blush if someone just put an earbud in my ear like that. too smooth...

at this point I think Aya will completely ignore classmate Mitsuki and fall even more deeply for record store Mitsuki (mainly via message), and poor Mitsuki will suffer bc "she only likes the idea she has of me, and on top of that thinks I'm a dude, so she does not like the real me while >I< like her".

i predict some drama. I feel sorry for my alt baby

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

well, idk how "straights" work but i too would blush if someone just put an earbud in my ear like that. too smooth...

at this point I think Aya will completely ignore classmate Mitsuki and fall even more deeply for record store Mitsuki (mainly via message), and poor Mitsuki will suffer bc "she only likes the idea she has of me, and on top of that thinks I'm a dude, so she does not like the real me while >I< like her".

Very possible, but also wouldn't mind given how nice handsome girl&sheltered girl was with that premise or misunderstanding :P

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

The art in this is so wonderfully detailed! Maybe what finally makes Aya realize Mitsuki's identity will be the tattoo Mitsuki has on her right wrist, that she covers up with a sweatband at school. You can see it clearly in chapter 1 and 2.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Man this Art is phenomenal so clean so beautiful

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

ah yes. the good ol' classic 'nervous to call' moment. and yeah, they're an absolute mess for each other in a good way.

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Adorakable puppy love.

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

this is so cute im dying. The braids are a good look too.
Mitsuki should use her given name at school too so Aya gets deja vu.

Don't think Aya got Mitsuki's name as mum was calling her for dinner, so cutting the call short, ... though will have to wait for next time to know for sure if that is the case.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

There might be some drama, but no way these cuties don't end up happy together! My heart won't be able to take it! Seriously, though, we need a school arc. Although these four page chapters are going to kill me if we get a dramatic school arc.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

There might be some drama, but no way these cuties don't end up happy together! My heart won't be able to take it! Seriously, though, we need a school arc. Although these four page chapters are going to kill me if we get a dramatic school arc.

They WILL end up together. In my head Aya going like "attraction is over now that I know it's a girl" is impossible, she'll question her whole life after figuring out she fell hard for her classmate.

Dramatic school arc will be the death of us. Would be cool if it was serialized before that, so we can get more pages and more development per chapter. (Idk how that works, but the short-comic seems quite popular on twitter... so... maybe??).

Or we can just throw hands at Arai-san if they don't release 2 chapters per week if the story gets dramatic. But that would be mean

last edited at May 22, 2022 4:45PM

joined May 1, 2015

Gyaru has no game, that is funny.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Gyaru has no game, that is funny.

She gave out her number real smooth. I think she has intermittent game. It comes and goes as necessary.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

hips don't lie

joined Apr 5, 2015

The art in this is so wonderfully detailed! Maybe what finally makes Aya realize Mitsuki's identity will be the tattoo Mitsuki has on her right wrist, that she covers up with a sweatband at school. You can see it clearly in chapter 1 and 2.

Mitsuki has a collection of identifiable traits. The tattoo, the mole and the piercings. I wonder if it won't be a combination. One of them could be a coincidence, but all is too much.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Mitsuki has a collection of identifiable traits. The tattoo, the mole and the piercings. I wonder if it won't be a combination. One of them could be a coincidence, but all is too much.

The piercings might not be (since I don't think Mistuki would ever wear them at school). The mole could be seen as "coincidence". But the tattoo will be just what is needed for Aya to realize... Hope is revealed by accident so it sets the gyaru down a path of "I need to find out more about this girl who sits next to me"

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I really love this series and the artwork. It's amazing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.