Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Yeah yeah call the dad asshole all you want but no one here can have the guts to blame him for acting like that in this VERY SPECIFIC SITUATION

last edited at Dec 15, 2022 12:00AM

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Her mother was her uncle Ben. That's a solid good super hero origin's story, congrats to the author. Yeah, if I were the dad I would totally resent her for ever, poor Satsuki. It makes the class president so lame in comparison.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

BRUH wtf is that size difference in the end, Akira looks like a child

Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

Come on Akira just kiss Satsuki already

Another good chapter, really curious about how the new school arc will play out now that Satsuki must be with mortal hatred for the president

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Her mother was her uncle Ben. That's a solid good super hero origin's story, congrats to the author. Yeah, if I were the dad I would totally resent her for ever, poor Satsuki. It makes the class president so lame in comparison.

And just like Peter, she could have prevented her death by doing something simple, even if they didnt knew they had to do something... Makes you think if her life from now on will get any better permanently, bc yknow, life hates spiderman xd

joined May 1, 2013

EAT everything

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Akira still best girl.

Yeah yeah call the dad asshole all you want but no one here can have the guts to blame him for acting like that in this VERY SPECIFIC SITUATION

Sure I can. He couldn't do anything about losing his wife, but it was his own goddamn fault for losing his daughter, too. He vented his anger on a freaking child who was hurting just as much as, if not more than, he was. The fact that he has never tried to make up for it, either, makes him the shittiest adult in this story so far. Akira is 100% right, no matter how much mental gymnastics Satsuki does to re-internalize her dad's emotional abuse.

last edited at Dec 15, 2022 4:48AM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Which you probably are.

Credit page calling me out when the yuri necromancer interest was news even to me.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

"I want you with me"

Damn, sounds like Satsuki wants to be best friends with Akira

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

I'm gonna miss this.. see yall in a few months

Y9i7untz_400x400
joined Oct 22, 2021

Ahhh I'm going to hate the hiatus I know it :( but I do like how these past few chapters showed the character's growth quite a bit!

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

This guy is translating two of my favorites what a legend

B9236d1235202138436b1a383c5c82c8
joined Jan 26, 2021

I want you with me..."Forever"

Say it!

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021

Wait, was Satuski always taller than Akira? I swear there's panels from previous chapters that they are literally the same height

joined Aug 24, 2021

Sure I can. He couldn't do anything about losing his wife, but it was his own goddamn fault for losing his daughter, too. He vented his anger on a freaking child who was hurting just as much as, if not more than, he was. The fact that he has never tried to make up for it, either, makes him the shittiest adult in this story so far. Akira is 100% right, no matter how much mental gymnastics Satsuki does to re-internalize her dad's emotional abuse.

He found his wife's body while his daughter was playing video games. The daughter was playing video games after passing by her mother's corpse when she arrived home. Plus the daughter also lied about not going through the front door.

last edited at Jan 3, 2023 6:34AM

joined Aug 24, 2021

Beach chapter aside, I'm truly disappointed reading the comments and receptions regarding the villain back stories, way too many shallow opinions and almost no one here gets its point.

Do you people watch Joker and expect it to be a backstory to make you feel bad, sympathize with or to justify the villain actions ?? ABSOLUTELY NOT, that's not the point at all. This kind of Joker-like backstory is only meant to GIVE A REASON behind the villain actions, how they become who they are, and show what lead them to the twisted and irredeemable path they're on now, you are NOT supposed to understand or sympathize with them, cuz they're now bad people, but with a history, and once they break they can't go back, essentially like Joker.

Also, the backstory is very important because it prevents them from being like Dio, aka a garbage one-dimensional bad guy that only exists for the sake of being evil.

Couldn't agree more

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

He found his wife's body while his daughter was playing video games. The daughter was playing video games after passing by her mother's corpse when she arrived home. Plus the daughter also lied about not going through the front door.

His anger and pain are completely understandable and relatable. His subsequent behavior is not. It is okay for a child (read: Satsuki in that flashback) to let her emotions determine her behavior, because she is still developing and learning to process the former. It is not okay for an adult to do the same, no matter how much pain he is in, especially if he is a goddamn doctor and has a child of his own. Blaming his kid for not behaving competently in an extreme situation will only soothe his own ego in the short term, while messing up said kid's head something fierce in the long run -- specifically, by giving her a massive savior complex that has so far pushed her into increasingly life-threatening situations before her brain has fully developed the capacity to assess risks properly and before she even became legally responsible for her own well-being.

tl;dr Satsuki's father has done real, lasting, and entirely avoidable harm to a vulnerable person in his care because he was too emotionally immature to be a parent in the first place. Hence my condemnation of him, and if you consider his behavior somehow justifiable, I am not sure how we can come to an agreement.

last edited at Jan 3, 2023 7:59AM

joined Apr 15, 2018

Chapter should be titled: "Even If I Reincarnate and Transmigrate I Can't Catch A Freaking Break".

joined Jun 8, 2020

i am so fu*¨¨ng desappointed of this "YURI MANGA" pff

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Wait what the hell??? Give me an entire series of this!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Damn girl,got hit by a truck and woke back up after solving a murder.

But before or after the application of AED?

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Missed opportunity of parodying I'm In Love With The Villainess, went het instead
Smh rare Satsuki L /j

last edited at Feb 9, 2023 6:32AM

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Missed opportunity of parodying I'm In Love With The Villainess, went het instead
Smh rare Satsuki L /j

I dunno if it went het so much as they set up her being close to the Prince for the story purpose. She hasn't really confirmed her own feelings in the main series yet, and Walk to Death played with the idea of Yuri without ever commiting, so this could potentially do that too. Though based on the crossover manga between the two, I don't think the author is against the idea of going full Yuri, so who knows.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

You're seeing too much into it, it was just a parody of common isekai tropes so they could kill a rando. It's not like Satsuki acts broken up over it.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah it's also notable how the "prince" is just basically the only character who isn't from the actual story, literally just a faceless guy who exists only to die for the premise.

To reply you must either login or sign up.