Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

joined Mar 8, 2019

All of this is pretty standard, it's just the random encounter in the middle of the street that's the issue. Switch it up so they're either walking by the old middle school, or the prestigious high school, and the encounter is suddenly less contrived since it's a place where this type of encounter might happen.

Is it random though? I think Glasses may have stalked Nagisa once she found out her school at the festival. Maybe Nagisa's dream school is on a similar route toward Mashiro's house?

But yeah, don't think Glasses girl is bringing up any new insecurities. They've been hinted at for a while. New player is just aggravating wounds that haven't healed. Mashiro's clearly mentioned she's a clinger. We thought, ooh cute. But really she's a deeply insecure individual. Sure Nagisa has time for her now but I believe she'd mentioned going to cram school, probably in hopes of getting in a good college to go to med/nursing school so she can be informed on how to care for Mashiro, so I imagine Mashiro might have a rough time making new friends in class.

Her old friends might get busy too, leaving her at the mercy of her insecurities. Remember, girl didn't really have friends before since she was always sick and there may have been a mention of people treating her differently/drifting away because they felt she was too fragile?

So yeah, new girl will probably come with a backstory explaining why she's in love/fixated on Nagisa since they only talked once? Maybe defended her from bullies? Hard to tell since the tone of this always felt feel good/romance vibes.

Hopefully Mashiro will become stronger and become an equal partner in her relationship with Nagisa. As cute as the boob hug is, I'd really like another sleepover with Mashiro helping a tired Nagisa to bed and giving her yet another kiss that Nagisa won't know about.

joined Mar 11, 2020

thanks for the delay random dude in discord xD

girlswhokiss
Puppyadachi
joined Apr 5, 2023

Thank you Mr. Discord for the delay

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

lol should've delayed it more to get more data points for discord man

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Again, that girl is absolutely right for all the wrong reasons. :D

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I've seen people in another discussion saying you probably shouldn't hang out with the person that's rude about/towards your girlfriend, which I agree with

This whole arc's situation is weird...

joined Apr 19, 2020

Glasses girl really irks me

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Hopefully the shorter chapter length is the reason why this chapter feels like kinda filler. One of the things I love about this series is that it keeps a pretty brisk pace, and if this is the arc that bogs it down, then that will be a real shame.

It seems like it's setting up for an arc about Mashiro becoming more secure in her relationship with Nagisa, which is a good idea, but I can't say I love the execution thus far.

AToastyCoyote
Cdc4f8204600edbf52fb0f34f39b246a~2
joined Jun 27, 2018

At first I feared the dreaded misunderstanding but this’ll probably work out fine

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

What's going on between these two?

what a weird question, you've seen every single interaction between mashiro and mei, and mei hasn't exactly tried to hide what she thinks of mashiro

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

What's going on between these two?

what a weird question, you've seen every single interaction between mashiro and mei, and mei hasn't exactly tried to hide what she thinks of mashiro

Talk about a supportive gf. Not her best moment for sure. The idea that someone could talk to your GF in that way while somehow thinking they could also hang out with you should be enough to be offensive. I'm even more surprised they were "hanging out," before Mashiro got there.

We'll see if this is intended to be something for Nagisa to work on or if it's just glossed over in service of the plot. Worst case scenario is Mashiro and Mei are treated equally as though they're both at fault. That last line makes me worry just slightly.

last edited at Jun 24, 2024 6:53PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

Is there anything more foreboding in a yuri manga than a chapter with a title like "Misunderstanding (1)"?

Though, honestly, it wasn't that bad.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Unfortunately, stuck up bitches like the glasses girls are quite a lot in high school.

Noodlerama001
joined Feb 24, 2023

God this character is annoying, “why couldn’t she stay lonely and friendless like me” girl piss off

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

God this character is annoying, “why couldn’t she stay lonely and friendless like me” girl piss off

Yeah, she's such a kill joy. And not even in a particularly love-to-hate way, just a wish-she'd-go-away way.

Though kind of a corner case, if I'm being honest. Part of me wants Mashiro and Nagisa to make out while glasses runs away crying.

"She's not my perfect senpai waifu now that she's found happiness without me, noooo!" May her glasses be as fogged as her butt is hurt.

joined Aug 11, 2019

I don't know why, but there's something about the last page that made me laugh so, so hard. The way Nagisa chan is wondering what's going on between the two. Reminds me of some of the main characters from other stories that I read that has the main character not understand or is clueless about other people fighting over them.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I don't know why, but there's something about the last page that made me laugh so, so hard. The way Nagisa chan is wondering what's going on between the two. Reminds me of some of the main characters from other stories that I read that has the main character not understand or is clueless about other people fighting over them.

I'm sure it's intended to be read that way, even though it doesn't make much sense given the situation.

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

Ya it feel like nagisa just dropped 50 IQ points all of a sudden, she's not really picking up on anything going on with Masahiro at all, and for some reason is like entirely clueless about the glasses girl situation.

To reply you must either login or sign up.