Forum › Take Responsibility For My Stomach! discussion

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

yeah 40 kg probably wasn´t intendeed to be a a realistic goal, given the characters reaction to the scale it´s more likely that anything under 50 would suffice. Hell i think the only reason 50 wasn´t the main goal it cuz she wanted to brag about being in the 40ish range, the same way people that are 29 are technically still on their twenties

When I think about it more, the fact that she lost about 5kg in a month without seemingly doing any kind of "real" exercise slightly worries me that she may in fact be eating too little to compensate. It's of course possible that she lost the weight healthily, but I wouldn't recommend real people try to mimic her regiment expecting similar results.

what are you even talking about, in the fist chapter is stated that she wanted to lose 7 kg in 3 months wich as far as im concerned is a reasonable goal. In chapter 10 is stated that she has 1 montth left wich means she lost 5 kg aprox in 2 months and needed to lose 3 more in 1 wich seems consistent with the inital plan wich again seem pretty reasonable

The fact that the average japanese woman's weight is 57kg really puts into perspective how misguided I think her goal of getting below 49kg is.

again the goal was probably to get below 50 even if it was by a pound

She doesn't seem to be smaller than anyone else in particular,and 8kg below the average person is definitely a level of difference that needs particular circumstances to be warranted, such as being a long-distance runner's or having an otherwise very active lifestyle.

but she clearly is tho, not by a lot but she seems to be shorter than everyone else , if we asume that she´s 5´ 1´´ 49 kg while still low for someone with ritsu constitution is not crippling

The more I analyze the details of this manga, the more I begin to question if the author of this even knows what being overweight means. Almost every part of it is screaming "tehe toxic japanese weight culture" to me, from perfectly healthy people being "overweight" to weight goals being cripplingly underweight to dramatic weight losses being considered "unsuccessful and below expectations."

while i agree that most of this seems to be more about vanity than health, the manga clearly is taking a somewhat healthy aproach and warns you about the dangers of not eating. The tact that you had something as important as the period of time wrong makes me think you just read the first chapter saw the number 40 and decided to hate it no matter what

last edited at Jul 20, 2022 1:29AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

what are you even talking about, in the fist chapter is stated that she wanted to lose 7 kg in 3 months wich as far as im concerned is a reasonable goal. In chapter 10 is stated that she has 1 montth left wich means she lost 5 kg aprox in 2 months and needed to lose 3 more in 1 wich seems consistent with the inital plan wich again seem pretty reasonable

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/take_responsibility_for_my_stomach_ch10#3
Middle panel.

again the goal was probably to get below 50 even if it was by a pound

That's 8kg below the average japanese woman, and the average japanese woman is not even remotely overweight.

while i agree that most of this seems to be more about vanity than health, the manga clearly is taking a somewhat healthy aproach and warns you about the dangers of not eating. The tact that you had something as important as the period of time wrong makes me think you just read the first chapter saw the number 40 and decided to hate it no matter what

Again, middle panel: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/take_responsibility_for_my_stomach_ch10#3
"The manga clearly is taking a somewhat healthy approach and warns you about the dangers of not eating" while also casually ignoring unsafe weight loss and treating it as unsuccessful for not being enough.

The only thing I said about the 40kg part was that it's disgusting that it's the lower end of a weight-class goal when it objectively can't be healthy for a person who's not legally a dwarf to reach it in the first place. Its inclusion implies it could ever be a good thing to reach it, which it isn't unless you're part of an extreme minority who would need to use a different scale in the first place.

If anyone "just saw the number 40 and decided to hate the context" here, it's you about my post.

last edited at Jul 20, 2022 7:29AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/take_responsibility_for_my_stomach_ch10#3
Middle panel.

it doesn´t make sense to take that panel literally, that´d imply that she did nothing the first month (wich she clearly did) and then sudenly drop 5kg the next, it probably refers to the period of time since she started dieting wich is almost two months (give or take one week or two that ritsu diet by herself)

That's 8kg below the average japanese woman, and the average japanese woman is not even remotely overweight.

she´s not an average women, aside from two of her friends from college every other character is considerably taller than her

The only thing I said about the 40kg part was that it's disgusting that it's the lower end of a weight-class goal when it objectively can't be healthy for a person who's not legally a dwarf to reach it in the first place. Its inclusion implies it could ever be a good thing to reach it, which it isn't unless you're part of an extreme minority who would need to use a different scale in the first place.

again given the characters reaction to the 49.8 mark (wich is pretty much still 50) 40 was never supose to be the lower end it was probably 49 all along

If anyone "just saw the number 40 and decided to hate the context" here, it's you about my post.

you´re literally repeting yourself, you keep bringing 40, this panel https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/take_responsibility_for_my_stomach_ch10#3 and "average women" as points of contempt, wich without contex yes they are outrageous. I just pointed out that no 40 most likely wasn´t the lower end it was probably 49, ritsu is not an average women she´s clearly on the shorter side and it´s probably not a literal month since the text states thas she´s been dieting for almost two it just funny that you claim that i´m the one taking things out of contex

If after all the context i just provide you keep thinking that she wants to weight exactly 40kg, that she´s 5´ 6´´, that she wants to lose 5-7 kilos in the span of 1 monh be my guest buddy whatever helps you sleep at night

on an urelated note: losing 5 kg in the span of 1 month is neither impossible nor crippling if you have a proper diet and excersice plan

Nishikino-maki-and-ayase-eri-3-love-live-school-idol-project-37571467-350-197(1)
joined Dec 1, 2018

Let's see how long it takes for her to gain weight again^^

joined Jan 13, 2021

"I leave Ritsu drinking cheerfully in her apartment! One always finds a crushing beauty standard again. But Ritsu teaches the higher infidelity that negates social standards and raises a glass. She too concludes that all is well. This body henceforth without a consistent weight seems to her neither uncomfortable nor tragic. Each atom of her supper, each curve of her blissful gay chubbiness, in itself forms a world. The struggle itself towards a swiftly-abandoned diet is enough to furnish a girl's whimsy. One must imagine Ritsu happy." - Nikumaru, The Myth of Weight Loss and Other Essays.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Woah! Another time skip! And she's gotten even thiccer!!!
And it seems Ruka really likes the extra chub!
God bless cute beer bellies?

joined Mar 25, 2021

I'm just gonna imagine they're talking about seggs.

Majyofin(1)
joined Feb 14, 2021

Didn't expect this to be the final chapter. I guess they're trapped in a vicious cycle of losing weight and getting fat again.

last edited at Jul 30, 2022 3:43AM

joined Sep 16, 2020

that was the last chapter (the end)?

joined Mar 25, 2021

OH WAIT THAT WAS THE END? THERE WAS NO SEGGS?! No no no so many years passed, it's got to be like "a room for two" where they had intense seggs in between chapters, yeah that's what totally happened guys.

joined Jul 8, 2019

dat brofist last chapter...

last edited at Jul 30, 2022 5:03AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Not only did she go back to how she was before getting all pretty for the kouhai, she even brought them down with her... :D

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I can't believe the final twist of the story is that Ruka was a chubby-chaser all along!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I can't believe the final twist of the story is that Ruka was a chubby-chaser all along!

I really wouldn't call that a twist, we've known this since chapter one. ;)

last edited at Jul 30, 2022 6:06AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

OH WAIT THAT WAS THE END? THERE WAS NO SEGGS?! No no no so many years passed, it's got to be like "a room for two" where they had intense seggs in between chapters, yeah that's what totally happened guys.

Wait what? Is this a thing? When?

And about the chapter - wait what? Why? That was absurdly abrupt.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Well, there were some intense eggs in ch6...

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

The art is still cute but the weight loss theme gets harder to stomach with each chapter. Seriously though, why does she have to lose weight now? She’s not even that fat, and she’s clearly happier eating like this. What’s the point in her torturing herself to fit into some arbitrary standard of acceptable weight?

Also, is this series over? This felt sort of like an ending.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Didn't expect this to be the final chapter. I guess they're trapped in a vicious cycle of losing weight and getting fat again.

Well, thats what happens if you dont plan for the time after you reached your goal. people just eat like before again and it wont take long to be back at where you started

joined Mar 25, 2021

And about the chapter - wait what? Why? That was absurdly abrupt.

No idea if this is the final chapter or what actually, just assuming from the sudden time skips and also the thing on the bottom of the final page.
Edit: it says おわり at the bottom which means end, unlike the usual つづくwhich means to be continued, plus its recorded as completed on mangadex. Pain.

About the futaribeya, I think ill have to reread it or reread the thread again but it's somewhat implied that they've at least done some uh.. Platonic kissing? Behind the scenes in the recent special chapters. Their relationship is kinda wack ngl but it seems to be getting explored, now just have to wait like a year or two for the next chapter..

last edited at Jul 30, 2022 11:02AM

joined Jun 3, 2014

I love Ruka's hair at the end

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

That was an abrupt jump for sure.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Owari.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I'm a tad disappointed that there was no payoff for all the thick thick subtext but as far as the overall story of the weight loss goes, that's about as appropriate and conclusive as I expected.

If she's satisfied being chubby then of course she'd end up in that status quo again after achieving her temporary goal. I like it tbh, despite the overall iffyness of the narrative, it's nice that a story shows the MC being chubby as happy and content at the end, that's rare.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

No idea if this is the final chapter...
...it says おわり at the bottom which means end, unlike the usual つづくwhich means to be continued, plus its recorded as completed on mangadex. Pain.

Yeah, that's what I've been going on as well, really abrupt if it ends here and like this. Kinda bummed if that's the case, honestly.

About the futaribeya...

Ah, yeah. The kisses I have seen. Also one of the specials had some potentially crucial developments which is neat to see, though I do admit I'm not exactly following it too closely. Thinking about it, I should really go through with a proper read of it myself, only read up to a certain point and then in fragments here and there.

Well, there were some intense eggs in ch6...

I do not yet know how to format pictures into comments, so here's a simple chef's kiss.

last edited at Jul 30, 2022 3:40PM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Wait, was that really the last chapter?!
Well I'll just assume that those two started dating at some point before the flash forward.

To reply you must either login or sign up.