Forum › Yuri SM de Futari no Kimochi wa Tsunagarimasu ka? discussion

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Also this topic were Lesbians has to pretebd to be straight makes my blood boil,

Bisexual people exist.

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 9:16AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Ah, mangadex! That's why the chapter seemed familiar.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I hate this topic but I love how it was addressed. Forced apart by prejudice despite being in love and then had to "fit" by getting husbands - it's such a stupid, infuriating thing. But the thing is, Mira addresses it by showing that society was wrong to force them apart, putting the emphasis on the hurt, regrets and loss of opportunity it caused them, and with a light of hope that they can still get back what was stolen from them and get back together.

In the topic of a girl who had a girlfriend, but had to breakup with her to marry some guy, this chapter comes in for me as the reference "good" representation (not in the sense that it can be a good thing, but in the sense that it is a bad thing and shown as such). I contrast it with The Sheep Princess in Wolf's Clothing as the "bad" representation (where the arranged hetero marriage is justified as "but the guy was nice and they're content, so that marriage was completely fine and they don't have any regret whatsoever").

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 10:45AM

Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

I kind of hope they could find someway to get together again in the future. Hate the teacher for gaslighting them to conform to Japan's conservative society. The apology feel so hollow.

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 12:43PM

joined Apr 10, 2023

Also this topic were Lesbians has to pretebd to be straight makes my blood boil,

Bisexual people exist.

Yes, but a woman who deeply loves another woman and is socially pressured into marrying a man instead is a terrible example of it. They might be bi or might not be, we can't just assume that label on anyone simply based on their history when heteronormative pressures exist. They don't mention their ex-husbands at all, let alone loving them, they're just glad they had their daughters. Reminds me of the time I saw people claiming Miorine from Gundam: Witch from Mercury was bi because she had a male fiance (who she hated and nearly died trying to get away from lol).
There's real and good bi rep on this site (that I'm sure drives many readers wild) like this, where we don't need to read positively into anything questionable:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/ohana_holoholo

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 4:46PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Bisexual people exist.

Yes, but a woman who deeply loves another woman and is socially pressured into marrying a man instead is a terrible example of it. They might be bi or might not be, we can't just assume that label on anyone simply based on their history

And yet, there you go, assuming their sexuality. i wasn't putting a "label" on them, so much as saying that, since we're not told they were uncomfortable and in a loveless marriage, there's no evidence that they were not also attracted to the men they married, regardless of if they would have preferred to stay with their high school sweetheart (and, to add to that, no evidence that the relationship they had as children would have lasted into adulthood anyway, meeting again as adults and picking up the spark is not the same as a long-term relationship).

Ya'll on these comment sections always have to boil everything down to the simplest answer just so you can take offense to it, say you're being open while being really close-minded, refusing to see that anyone could be happy, or anything good could come out of relationships other than the yuri ones which are the focus of the story. It's quite frankly infuriating.

Edit to say: the more I think about it, the more infuriating it is. We're specifically shown in this chapter that while the teacher was wrong to say what she did to the girls, it was simply the catalyst for them thinking about their future. When asked if she wanted her own children, Rei said she probably did. And the close of the chapter is Rei still not committing to a yuri relationship, she still thought it was the right thing that she have and be invested in her own child. So patronising to dismiss people's feelings on these issues just because you might think differently. There are a lot more perspectives in this world that just your narrow worldview where apparently, anyone who is in a lesbian relationship as a teenager must never ever have her own reasons for eventually marrying a man. Never. The way people freak out about anything that has this perspective, you'd think that these ones are portrayed as an instruction manual, and the majority of yuri on this site where no one even considers a man is somehow lesser for it.

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 8:51PM

joined Jan 24, 2022

Bisexual people exist.

Yes, but a woman who deeply loves another woman and is socially pressured into marrying a man instead is a terrible example of it. They might be bi or might not be, we can't just assume that label on anyone simply based on their history

And yet, there you go, assuming their sexuality. i wasn't putting a "label" on them, so much as saying that, since we're not told they were uncomfortable and in a loveless marriage, there's no evidence that they were not also attracted to the men they married, regardless of if they would have preferred to stay with their high school sweetheart (and, to add to that, no evidence that the relationship they had as children would have lasted into adulthood anyway, meeting again as adults and picking up the spark is not the same as a long-term relationship).

Ya'll on these comment sections always have to boil everything down to the simplest answer just so you can take offense to it, say you're being open while being really close-minded, refusing to see that anyone could be happy, or anything good could come out of relationships other than the yuri ones which are the focus of the story. It's quite frankly infuriating.

Edit to say: the more I think about it, the more infuriating it is. We're specifically shown in this chapter that while the teacher was wrong to say what she did to the girls, it was simply the catalyst for them thinking about their future. When asked if she wanted her own children, Rei said she probably did. And the close of the chapter is Rei still not committing to a yuri relationship, she still thought it was the right thing that she have and be invested in her own child. So patronising to dismiss people's feelings on these issues just because you might think differently. There are a lot more perspectives in this world that just your narrow worldview where apparently, anyone who is in a lesbian relationship as a teenager must never ever have her own reasons for eventually marrying a man. Never.

I mean, to each their own interpretation, but through out this chapter, both Rei and Mayuko repeatedly say those were the happiest days of their lives and wished it could've lasted forever.

Bisexual people exist. Two bisexual women who love each other, but are being forced apart to marry men is still biphobic.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I hate stories of highschool yuri romances destroyed by the siren song of men and the traditional family, or the outside pressure to lead a heteronormative life. It always leaves me feeling sad. And I can't help wonder how many of my favorite school girl couples fall prey to these pitfalls after their manga series ends.

EDIT: I really hate it when the story is a side chapter centered on the mom(s) of the main character(s). It just makes me feel the main story is just history repeating itself, and the daughter(s) relationship is doomed.

last edited at Dec 30, 2023 12:43AM

joined Apr 10, 2023

Bisexual people exist.

Edit to say: the more I think about it, the more infuriating it is. We're specifically shown in this chapter that while the teacher was wrong to say what she did to the girls, it was simply the catalyst for them thinking about their future. When asked if she wanted her own children, Rei said she probably did. And the close of the chapter is Rei still not committing to a yuri relationship, she still thought it was the right thing that she have and be invested in her own child. So patronising to dismiss people's feelings on these issues just because you might think differently. There are a lot more perspectives in this world that just your narrow worldview where apparently, anyone who is in a lesbian relationship as a teenager must never ever have her own reasons for eventually marrying a man. Never. The way people freak out about anything that has this perspective, you'd think that these ones are portrayed as an instruction manual, and the majority of yuri on this site where no one even considers a man is somehow lesser for it.

Did you mean to quote someone else because none of this weird rant has anything to do with what I wrote. I even recommended a manga about bisexual characters where one of the mains happens to be a man himself yet apparently I'm some biphobe manhater? LMAO.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

EDIT: I really hate it when the story is a side chapter centered on the mom(s) of the main character(s). It just makes me feel the main story is just history repeating itself, and the daughter(s) relationship is doomed.

It’ll almost always be the opposite.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

First, I don't think it's the case (it has happened, but not commonly). But also, there is some hope that the moms' relationship isn't doomed. As long as one is alive after the time of LGBT oppression is over (as is the case of those characters), they can go back to what was taken from them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.