Forum › Yuri SM de Futari no Kimochi wa Tsunagarimasu ka? discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

Ah, mangadex! That's why the chapter seemed familiar.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I hate this topic but I love how it was addressed. Forced apart by prejudice despite being in love and then had to "fit" by getting husbands - it's such a stupid, infuriating thing. But the thing is, Mira addresses it by showing that society was wrong to force them apart, putting the emphasis on the hurt, regrets and loss of opportunity it caused them, and with a light of hope that they can still get back what was stolen from them and get back together.

In the topic of a girl who had a girlfriend, but had to breakup with her to marry some guy, this chapter comes in for me as the reference "good" representation (not in the sense that it can be a good thing, but in the sense that it is a bad thing and shown as such). I contrast it with The Sheep Princess in Wolf's Clothing as the "bad" representation (where the arranged hetero marriage is justified as "but the guy was nice and they're content, so that marriage was completely fine and they don't have any regret whatsoever").

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 10:45AM

Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

I kind of hope they could find someway to get together again in the future. Hate the teacher for gaslighting them to conform to Japan's conservative society. The apology feel so hollow.

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 12:43PM

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

Also this topic were Lesbians has to pretebd to be straight makes my blood boil,

Bisexual people exist.

Yes, but a woman who deeply loves another woman and is socially pressured into marrying a man instead is a terrible example of it. They might be bi or might not be, we can't just assume that label on anyone simply based on their history when heteronormative pressures exist. They don't mention their ex-husbands at all, let alone loving them, they're just glad they had their daughters. Reminds me of the time I saw people claiming Miorine from Gundam: Witch from Mercury was bi because she had a male fiance (who she hated and nearly died trying to get away from lol).
There's real and good bi rep on this site (that I'm sure drives many readers wild) like this, where we don't need to read positively into anything questionable:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/ohana_holoholo

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 4:46PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Also this topic were Lesbians has to pretebd to be straight makes my blood boil,

Bisexual people exist.

Yes, but a woman who deeply loves another woman and is socially pressured into marrying a man instead is a terrible example of it. They might be bi or might not be, we can't just assume that label on anyone simply based on their history

And yet, there you go, assuming their sexuality. i wasn't putting a "label" on them, so much as saying that, since we're not told they were uncomfortable and in a loveless marriage, there's no evidence that they were not also attracted to the men they married, regardless of if they would have preferred to stay with their high school sweetheart (and, to add to that, no evidence that the relationship they had as children would have lasted into adulthood anyway, meeting again as adults and picking up the spark is not the same as a long-term relationship).

Ya'll on these comment sections always have to boil everything down to the simplest answer just so you can take offense to it, say you're being open while being really close-minded, refusing to see that anyone could be happy, or anything good could come out of relationships other than the yuri ones which are the focus of the story. It's quite frankly infuriating.

Edit to say: the more I think about it, the more infuriating it is. We're specifically shown in this chapter that while the teacher was wrong to say what she did to the girls, it was simply the catalyst for them thinking about their future. When asked if she wanted her own children, Rei said she probably did. And the close of the chapter is Rei still not committing to a yuri relationship, she still thought it was the right thing that she have and be invested in her own child. So patronising to dismiss people's feelings on these issues just because you might think differently. There are a lot more perspectives in this world that just your narrow worldview where apparently, anyone who is in a lesbian relationship as a teenager must never ever have her own reasons for eventually marrying a man. Never. The way people freak out about anything that has this perspective, you'd think that these ones are portrayed as an instruction manual, and the majority of yuri on this site where no one even considers a man is somehow lesser for it.

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 8:51PM

joined Jan 24, 2022

Bisexual people exist.

Yes, but a woman who deeply loves another woman and is socially pressured into marrying a man instead is a terrible example of it. They might be bi or might not be, we can't just assume that label on anyone simply based on their history

And yet, there you go, assuming their sexuality. i wasn't putting a "label" on them, so much as saying that, since we're not told they were uncomfortable and in a loveless marriage, there's no evidence that they were not also attracted to the men they married, regardless of if they would have preferred to stay with their high school sweetheart (and, to add to that, no evidence that the relationship they had as children would have lasted into adulthood anyway, meeting again as adults and picking up the spark is not the same as a long-term relationship).

Ya'll on these comment sections always have to boil everything down to the simplest answer just so you can take offense to it, say you're being open while being really close-minded, refusing to see that anyone could be happy, or anything good could come out of relationships other than the yuri ones which are the focus of the story. It's quite frankly infuriating.

Edit to say: the more I think about it, the more infuriating it is. We're specifically shown in this chapter that while the teacher was wrong to say what she did to the girls, it was simply the catalyst for them thinking about their future. When asked if she wanted her own children, Rei said she probably did. And the close of the chapter is Rei still not committing to a yuri relationship, she still thought it was the right thing that she have and be invested in her own child. So patronising to dismiss people's feelings on these issues just because you might think differently. There are a lot more perspectives in this world that just your narrow worldview where apparently, anyone who is in a lesbian relationship as a teenager must never ever have her own reasons for eventually marrying a man. Never.

I mean, to each their own interpretation, but through out this chapter, both Rei and Mayuko repeatedly say those were the happiest days of their lives and wished it could've lasted forever.

Bisexual people exist. Two bisexual women who love each other, but are being forced apart to marry men is still biphobic.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I hate stories of highschool yuri romances destroyed by the siren song of men and the traditional family, or the outside pressure to lead a heteronormative life. It always leaves me feeling sad. And I can't help wonder how many of my favorite school girl couples fall prey to these pitfalls after their manga series ends.

EDIT: I really hate it when the story is a side chapter centered on the mom(s) of the main character(s). It just makes me feel the main story is just history repeating itself, and the daughter(s) relationship is doomed.

last edited at Dec 30, 2023 12:43AM

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

Bisexual people exist.

Edit to say: the more I think about it, the more infuriating it is. We're specifically shown in this chapter that while the teacher was wrong to say what she did to the girls, it was simply the catalyst for them thinking about their future. When asked if she wanted her own children, Rei said she probably did. And the close of the chapter is Rei still not committing to a yuri relationship, she still thought it was the right thing that she have and be invested in her own child. So patronising to dismiss people's feelings on these issues just because you might think differently. There are a lot more perspectives in this world that just your narrow worldview where apparently, anyone who is in a lesbian relationship as a teenager must never ever have her own reasons for eventually marrying a man. Never. The way people freak out about anything that has this perspective, you'd think that these ones are portrayed as an instruction manual, and the majority of yuri on this site where no one even considers a man is somehow lesser for it.

Did you mean to quote someone else because none of this weird rant has anything to do with what I wrote. I even recommended a manga about bisexual characters where one of the mains happens to be a man himself yet apparently I'm some biphobe manhater? LMAO.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

EDIT: I really hate it when the story is a side chapter centered on the mom(s) of the main character(s). It just makes me feel the main story is just history repeating itself, and the daughter(s) relationship is doomed.

It’ll almost always be the opposite.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

First, I don't think it's the case (it has happened, but not commonly). But also, there is some hope that the moms' relationship isn't doomed. As long as one is alive after the time of LGBT oppression is over (as is the case of those characters), they can go back to what was taken from them.

joined Jul 26, 2024

I was surprised by this reception to this series on here, as I thought of this as more realistic, stressing communication, and doing a very good job communicating how the dynamic actually feels. The last one more so than any other media I've seen, with this one evoking a visceral reaction in me. The most toxic behavior is from the mom who failed in her past relationships, failed to recreate the old dynamic, and is going to have to learn how to take things slow and foster more sustainable relationships if she wants to have a chance.

However, when I stop to think about the high schooler being a BDSM master, incestuous BDSM in conjunction with the main pairing, highly dramatized interactions emphasizing public play, etc, I realize maybe I've read too many manga. I still find this realistic and relatable by manga standards, but the exaggerated character dynamics and dramatic stories are part of what draws me to manga. "Adult high schoolers" is also something I stopped questioning a while back, due to how common it is.

Edit:

First, I don't think it's the case (it has happened, but not commonly). But also, there is some hope that the moms' relationship isn't doomed. As long as one is alive after the time of LGBT oppression is over (as is the case of those characters), they can go back to what was taken from them.

(previous post)

I think it will work because it seems like they both have no one they're interested in more than the other. The only reason they aren't proceeding is that one of them wants to prioritize her kid until she graduates high school.

The way I see it is that the series tries to depict pitfalls of BDSM. One is that the dom cannot be always on and needs to have space to be vulnerable, like after the bathroom pee scene where Sarasa needed reassurance. We also get "cute hanging out scenes" that don't add a lot to the plot. They seem to exist to drive home the message of needing to have separation between when you are doing BDSM activities and when you aren't, with more typical friendship dynamic being the other part.

With Sarasa's mom (can't remember her name), they seemed to have a lot of prejudice they were dealing with and were unsure about their futures. Sarasa's mom responded by trying to push boundaries as much as possible as often as possible, with the goal of taking ownership. We also see her fantasizing about hurting Mio's mom enough to leave a permanent mark on her. This makes emotional sense to her, as she feels like she get what she wants if she leaves enough of an impact.

One of the themes of the story, as another user put it, is "BDSM as an expression of love". I think this is showing us that you do still have to put in the work and communication to have a sustainable relationship. You cannot just rely on the BDSM dynamics. This is an extension of how sex is often used to sub in for communication in relationships. It gives a feeling of closeness without needing words or understanding, yet always to bad ends. Many people have to learn this from the experience of imploding relationships. Sarasa's mom, who is one of those people, is only now starting to understand the nature of her mistakes.

last edited at Aug 18, 2024 6:46PM

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Well, we worked on all of v4 in a bit of a secret but I hope you can enjoy it now! I had a lot of thoughts about the care with which Mira presents the BDSM, and the way it is not a fantasy per se: safewords, knowing the dangers and limits, aftercare—all the details come together in an oddly reassuring way?

Also: I had lots of fun doing a little bit of proofreading while typesetting, because there's plenty of intent behind the writing that I did my best to ensure makes it to the translation. I bet I missed a lot anyway.

last edited at Sep 4, 2024 4:22PM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Thanks so much! This series is in line with Mira's others in that it's "wholesome" despite whatever the subject material might be. I agree about how specific she's been with portraying the BDSM. It's been very loving and respectful, constantly reassessing boundaries and regretting mistakes.

The chapter where Sarasa confidently declared herself Mio's dom was great. Reminds me of Sunstone at times, which is funny. Really enjoy both couples, even if the little sister is fighting her lover at the moment. They all need to confess already. They've skipped over every other step.

last edited at Sep 4, 2024 5:31PM

joined Jun 11, 2021

Wow thanks for the bulk upload!! I missed this series. I could really do without the little sister plotline though, she kind of sours the series for me. The chapters with the main couple are so good that I can overlook it though. I really can't think of another yuri that does bdsm this well, its so fun to read.

Screenshot%202024-08-04%20044759
joined Jun 21, 2021

UGH they're so fucking CUTE! Love me some adorable, wholesome bdsm with proper etiquette. GOOD. SHIT!

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

ITS A CHRISTMAS FUCKING MIRACLE

oh wait, where's ch. 13 and 14?

last edited at Sep 4, 2024 11:27PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

oh wait, where's ch. 13 and 14?

mdex I believe, if by a different group.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I'm glad this is back, but where are chapters 13 and 14?

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Right above you.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

Wow thanks for the bulk upload!! I missed this series. I could really do without the little sister plotline though, she kind of sours the series for me. The chapters with the main couple are so good that I can overlook it though. I really can't think of another yuri that does bdsm this well, its so fun to read.

I like the emotional element of the story with Momono, but for the SM I'd much rather she kept her clothes on and we could see more of those delightful hot gay moms instead. I hope we get more of them, because obviously that's a story that isn't finished yet.
It's also kinda strange feeling that we're still in the same week and a half from the beginning of the series, and they're even lampshading that now with "it feels like it's been much longer" comments. I hope we get a jump forward with the story continuing as well, to show their course as adults following in the footsteps of their mothers or, hopefully, blazing their own path together instead. As much as we might not want to admit it, Momono's right to be skeptical about the durability of a first love romance, kids get separated easily, just like what happened to them 10 years ago, and what happened to their mothers. IRL I don't know a single queer person who has any ongoing connection with who they liked as a teenager. Our protagonists will have to really work to make it last and that's an interesting story imo.

joined Jan 14, 2020

To be fair, going by the flashback (and maybe the early chapters, it's been a while) Sarasa seems to have been fixated on Mio for a long time, and Mio's obviously responding. Their feelings already survived a long separation.

And while first loves often burn out, they can work; I know multiple people who married (or basically married) their high school sweethearts, and are either still together or were together until they dropped below my radar.

last edited at Sep 5, 2024 12:56PM

Dynasty%20icon
joined Feb 16, 2021

Sistercest september has been destroyed

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

the confirmation that it was platonic incestuous bdsm is hilarious LOOOOL

It lowkey feels like this manga is autobiographical knowing how Mira has a husband lmfao like. you okay girl?

Also I only have a surface level understanding of BDSM but I didn't really get the earlier reception to this manga. I get being weirded out by the absolute lack of logic between the sisters but by chapter 8-ish it should be clear it was leading up to the final page of chapter 21 lmao

TBF though I did read the original deviantArt Sunstone run as it was going so maybe I'm just way more in the know than I thought
I thought it was cringe at the time because the "I'm on my period the pad rubbing against my pussy is so erotic wow" sex scene was DUMB

last edited at Sep 5, 2024 8:15PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Right above you.

The newer chapters are from a different group as well, so if that's the only reason those two are missing it makes no sense

Mariya%20and%20karin%202
joined Nov 27, 2022

Ch.12 was so deep and beautiful. I love that I keep seeing great character writing and emotional backstories in SM yuri stories. All the feels. Truly all of them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.