Forum › If You Could See Love discussion

K7gwfbovdc
joined Dec 2, 2021

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree the ending just gave me whiplash and they really did leave hints to a poly ending multiple times throughout even up til the end kind of. This ending has just left me a little empty and unsatisfied, but oh well what can ya do.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ok so as far as I understand it this story still has one final chapter to go, and it's probably not going to change too much but like, it's pretty damn confusing to see people in the last three pages worth of comment arguing and talking as if they have all already read this final chapter, that crucially isn't here yet.

Well I hope to see the final chapter of this sometimes soon at least because more than anything right now I'd like to at least actually have the ending to finalize my own thoughts on this series first

joined Dec 11, 2021

ok so as far as I understand it this story still has one final chapter to go, and it's probably not going to change too much but like, it's pretty damn confusing to see people in the last three pages worth of comment arguing and talking as if they have all already read this final chapter, that crucially isn't here yet.

Well I hope to see the final chapter of this sometimes soon at least because more than anything right now I'd like to at least actually have the ending to finalize my own thoughts on this series first

Last chapters is not gonna change anything. It will turn the table if at the end the author makes Sayo deciding to share her love for Mei with Rinna. Mei said sometimes she wanted to be with both, she was happy with the 2 of them around, she said she loved both of them but at the end the author made this manga as another of those planty of "I have to choose one of them" The author could have made Mei choose both and had a relation similar as the teacher but it didnt happen

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Last chapters is not gonna change anything. It will turn the table if at the end the author makes Sayo deciding to share her love for Mei with Rinna. Mei said sometimes she wanted to be with both, she was happy with the 2 of them around, she said she loved both of them but at the end the author made this manga as another of those planty of "I have to choose one of them" The author could have made Mei choose both and had a relation similar as the teacher but it didnt happen

yeah okay and how do you know that? because if you don't then again this entire discussion is not worth having yet. At least not until that final chapter drops

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

No matter what, people were always gonna be disappointed whichever route that it went. Oh well, I enjoyed it. I wish it went on longer, but oh well

joined Dec 11, 2021

yeah okay and how do you know that? because if you don't then again this entire discussion is not worth having yet. At least not until that final chapter drops
What are you expecting for the last chapters other than that?

joined Dec 11, 2021

No matter what, people were always gonna be disappointed whichever route that it went. Oh well, I enjoyed it. I wish it went on longer, but oh well

Bruh

joined Dec 11, 2021

Well. Mikami said today last chapter is due for this 11 so...

joined Feb 10, 2022

Well I read raws chap15(and last one btw) and I agreed with all of you who say this should have ended up with a poly ending. So it was a Mei x Sayo, and Rinna as the best friend the friendzoned. The author did not gave Rinna a couple. It felt rushed this last chapter. And it felt like the author forced Rinna to act like her feelings for Mei were not serious kinda difficult to explain. So yea it felt like they just wanted to get rid of this manga. But anyway at the end it's another of those plenty "I have to choose one" manga.

last edited at Feb 11, 2022 6:14AM

joined Feb 10, 2022

Following the last few chapters of this has been me grasping at thin hopes, and the depression sinking in little by little.
that being said, I respect the author's and Mei's decision.

High key, someone please write a yuri work that delves into a poly relationship AFTER the couple has been formed.
I am on my hands and knees here.
Hopefully someday.

Sadly it was the last chapter. After graduating they went different path, there is some time skip(Maybe 5 yrs) and seems that Mei and Sayo haven't meet Rinna since the graduation. Rinna is just the best friend for them. At least I wanted to see if Rinna found someone but not even that But yea would be great if the author draw an "If" but they already said that was the last chapter so F. But seems that mikami likes working in this kind of manga where you have to choose one cause she is working on another manga and light novel where MC have to choose one out of 4 girls.

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

They should've made Rinna hold a kitchen knife during the last page. I would kill to read the School Days sequel of this.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

a little peeved that rinna doesn't even have one gf in the end smh. No double date shenanigans how could they

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Well, that ending was botched.

Really it seems weird that the author would drop so many hints at a polygamist ending, only to wind up having her pick one in the end. I can’t help but wonder if the publisher decided to pull the plug on this one, and the author got worried they wouldn’t have enough time to bring Rinna into the relationship, so they just went with the generic end.

Even if that was the case, though, can’t say it makes these last chapters any better. They just felt so rushed to me. Like, nothing felt like it really flowed together, and it seemed like the story was just hitting the usual notes. Can’t say I’ll be giving this one a reread any time soon.

joined Dec 14, 2020

This manga has absolutely beautiful art. And the ending was truly sweet and a treat to the eyes but hotdamn that was a shitty lil story lmaooo. Fuck it gets with the childhood friend (in an obvious route), just to timeskip to the end of high school thus ending it all gtfo

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

a little peeved that rinna doesn't even have one gf in the end smh. No double date shenanigans how could they

Honestly it feels like the author just didn't have the guts to go for the poly finish, so they ended with an ambiguous suggestion that the throuple might still happen someday. She's still single, they're still in contact, it's just waiting for somebody to go "Hey, why don't we...."

I mean, I genuinely am not usually a poly stan. Nothing against the lifestyle, It's not my preference but it's interesting to see stories like that from time to time, but fact is most of the time when people are clamoring for a poly ending, it's in a series that was always pretty clearly about a choice between rivals. But this series really does feel like the author was trying to go there, they wanted to go there, and they chickened out at the end. Maybe the editor put pressure on them, or maybe a reader poll got them to cave, or maybe I'm just totally misreading their intent, but that's the impression I get.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019
  1. Timeskip
  2. Friendzone
  3. Offscreen confessions
  4. No Poly
  5. Not even a complete dramatic turn

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruine

last edited at Feb 13, 2022 1:15AM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I honestly love this manga and rooted for Sayo but this is not a good way to end. I hate timeskips

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Well, that ending was botched.

Really it seems weird that the author would drop so many hints at a polygamist ending, only to wind up having her pick one in the end. I can’t help but wonder if the publisher decided to pull the plug on this one, and the author got worried they wouldn’t have enough time to bring Rinna into the relationship, so they just went with the generic end.

Even if that was the case, though, can’t say it makes these last chapters any better. They just felt so rushed to me. Like, nothing felt like it really flowed together, and it seemed like the story was just hitting the usual notes. Can’t say I’ll be giving this one a reread any time soon.

Yeah, the poly hint dropped multiple times that this ending felt really out of place especially how the author decided to do time skip likely because it was axed by the publisher lmao.
Although the wasn't t amazing, the author just keeps pushing side characters as part of the protagonist's power to "See love thing" and how clueless protagonist was throughout the whole story. Which leaves us nothing but disappointment due we haven't seen enough development for the main characters

joined Oct 22, 2021

The only nice thing about the ending was the childhood friend getting with the MC. But seriously, the last 3 chapters were terrible.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm not even a huge fan of poly, but in this case I really feel like dropping it was a failure of nerve and didn't work well at all.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Rinna took one of the fastest L’s I’ve ever seen.

The Mangaka tried to salvage it, but it’s really hard to read the last few chapters and not feel like the creator was told to wrap this series up pretty suddenly.

Still an enjoyable series though, and seeing them all older was cute

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Poly discussion aside there's no way this wasn't given the axe and author rushed the end. The handling of Rinna is also just plain weird.

Screenshot_20211218_223644
joined Nov 25, 2021

Wack :(
Thanks for translating it tho <3

Shiro
joined Oct 12, 2020

Yeah, I think the axe is pretty clear in this one, there’s no other reason for why spend so much time and pages setting something that doesn’t go off, unless you don’t have the time to do so.

Overall, it’s nowhere as good as it could be, but was still somewhat enjoyable. I would give it a 7/10.

joined Aug 21, 2017

The childhood friend actually won.

To reply you must either login or sign up.