Forum › If You Could See Love discussion

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

In my opinion, for a poly relationship to truly work, all the parties involved have to love each other. That wasn't the case in this manga so I never saw a poly ending as an option. If the manga went there, it would have felt forced to me.

joined Apr 24, 2015

Glad rinna lost. Now I can really give the series a chance.

joined Oct 22, 2021

In my opinion, for a poly relationship to truly work, all the parties involved have to love each other. That wasn't the case in this manga so I never saw a poly ending as an option. If the manga went there, it would have felt forced to me.

but they were building up to that. There was the whole kiss between the love-interests, as well as them taking care of each other...

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this series at the start but it feels like it really lost the plot. Introduced a lot of things just to try and quickly wrap it up in the last 3 chapters with something incredibly normal.

Yes_pfp
joined Oct 30, 2021

I really liked this series. Honestly, I could've gone for some Akane x Rinna, and I feel like Rinna wasn't built with a chance in mind.

joined Apr 6, 2021

WOW so Rinna just gets unapologetically friend zoned and ends up alone? WTF AUTHOR!? Weak ass rushed ending, did this series get the axe or something? Feels like the author straight up tried to take back the fact that this series was a competition between Rinna and Sayu at the end and basically retconned that Rinna was in love with the main character because “she gives it her all when it comes to love” and loves everyone. That is such BS. This ending was so damn rushed and unsatisfying and has amazingly gone from one of my favourite recent Yuri mangas to one of my biggest disappointments. It’s going to feel real bad taking this series of my favourites list. God dammit author…

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

You can feel the axe in this one, really sad, I think Rinna deserved better ending :(

joined Jan 19, 2020

There are plenty V's in poly relationship. Where one person has a relationship with two other people (with everyone's consent of course) I myself am in one such relationship. I have my wife, and I have my "mate". My wife 100% supports me whenever my mate can come visit, and she gives us time to ourselves. My wife and mate care deeply about each other, and even love each other, but not in "that way". I could absolutely see that be a thing with these 3 as well, as there was a lot of mutual love and respect for all parties involved, even if not all connections were romantic ones.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Man the evidence is all there for this having been axed. Guess we’ll have to wait and see if there’ll be an author’s note or not. Really seemed like the set up for poly was there. Maybe it just didn’t get the reception the author was hoping for from readers.

I’m glad Sayo got her love reciprocated but Rinna got shafted. Basically a retcon of her character to justify her not being involved and an erasure of her activities over the course of the manga.

last edited at Feb 13, 2022 10:25AM

joined Dec 18, 2021

I'll give this a 7.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

No kiss after the confession? Is there at least going to be an extra chapter or omake or something? This felt like a non ending.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I like the time skip, and I'd like to think her power came back

joined Jan 1, 2021

I'll give this 7.6. The storyline are very good but kinda sad that three of them didn't end up together but still it's really a good story. Also tysm for translating this manga it was good ^^

joined Jun 5, 2018

The prophesied incest 'arrow' finally made its debut in the last chapter. All's well that ends well.

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

Is this subtext triad

I suppose it could be worse!

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

WOW so Rinna just gets unapologetically friend zoned and ends up alone? WTF AUTHOR!? Weak ass rushed ending, did this series get the axe or something? Feels like the author straight up tried to take back the fact that this series was a competition between Rinna and Sayu at the end and basically retconned that Rinna was in love with the main character because “she gives it her all when it comes to love” and loves everyone. That is such BS. This ending was so damn rushed and unsatisfying and has amazingly gone from one of my favourite recent Yuri mangas to one of my biggest disappointments. It’s going to feel real bad taking this series of my favourites list. God dammit author…

The Red Dart here says it all.

Some people are saying that it would be forced if it was poly. But given the "she loves everyone" angle out of nowhere at the end, and the kiss Rinna and Sayu shared, I don't think it's that preposterous.

So unfortunate though. >_<

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Wow, I was full sure this would be poly ending but at least the childhood friend won. I do feel that the poly ending could have happened if Rinna got more attention and another arc for herself as there was hints and I did enjoy her idol arc but she just didn't enough time for that ending to work.

Tbh I would have liked to see more of the arrows like when the two are dating and seeing her girlfriends arrow shrink and grow through the relationship but I am glad with what we got.

Tbh with the ending as a whole it does feel rushed but that happens to a lot of yuri sereis sadly so I am happy that we at least got an ending. I think this series is a nice short read.

Thanks for translating this!

last edited at Feb 13, 2022 4:50AM

joined Mar 14, 2021

FOR ONCE THE CHILDHOOD FRIEND WINS, THANK YOU AUTHOR-SAMAS ILL LOVE YOU FOREVER WHERE CAN I BUY THIS MANGA IT DESERVES IT OMG IM SO HAPPY
Sayo my boo she's so gorgeous with short hair too I can't. I really didn't think it was gonna end like this but I'm so happy. For once it ended how I wanted it to.

last edited at Feb 13, 2022 5:06AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What can i say other than i'm not surprised peoples are dissapointed and try to rewrite the manga to their liking. What kind of poly building are you talking about ? Seeing a poly couple working ? Cause that's mostly all you have and that's not an argument for me.
The whole story was about the MC witnessing differents forms of love and Poly was one of them,the ending goal was for her to find her own form of love,not just taking one and roll with it. If it would have been that, then the author would have focused more on one of the form of love. But poly like the others didn't get such treatement so it was clear it wasn't the ending.
Honestly, don't talk to me about the arrow between the two friends. A weak ass arrow that got shattered after the MC told the friend she like her and was never seen after. Hell, the childhood friend didn't had an arrow. "But they feel awkward about it", no shit Sherlock, they accidentaly kissed, of course they gonne be awkward about it at first.
Honestly, i think most of you see the poly couple and take your hope to delusionals levels of a poly ending when the ending, has rushed as it is,is perfectly fitting. It was already known that RInna tend to fall in love pretty easily, it's just that her love for the MC was stronger than for the others.

Bonus point for the poly couple saying what i just said

joined Sep 3, 2017

What can i say other than i'm not surprised peoples are dissapointed and try to rewrite the manga to their liking. What kind of poly building are you talking about ? Seeing a poly couple working ? Cause that's mostly all you have and that's not an argument for me.
The whole story was about the MC witnessing differents forms of love and Poly was one of them,the ending goal was for her to find her own form of love,not just taking one and roll with it. If it would have been that, then the author would have focused more on one of the form of love. But poly like the others didn't get such treatement so it was clear it wasn't the ending.
Honestly, don't talk to me about the arrow between the two friends. A weak ass arrow that got shattered after the MC told the friend she like her and was never seen after. Hell, the childhood friend didn't had an arrow. "But they feel awkward about it", no shit Sherlock, they accidentaly kissed, of course they gonne be awkward about it at first.
Honestly, i think most of you see the poly couple and take your hope to delusionals levels of a poly ending when the ending, has rushed as it is,is perfectly fitting. It was already known that RInna tend to fall in love pretty easily, it's just that her love for the MC was stronger than for the others.

Bonus point for the poly couple saying what i just said

lol if you dont like poly just say that but dont pretend like you cant see the buildup was happening or that its absurd that anyone could see the buildup lmao

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What buildup ? If you want to contradict me then make an argument, don't just say "you're wrong lol". Peoples talk about a buildup but i don't see anything that look like a poly build up outside of the poly chapters. The others were just about a Love triangle.
I tell you my two cents: Almost nobody was thinking about a poly ending seriously before the poly chapters.They just get their hope up after the Poly chapters but if you read the chapters, there was no build up or hint to a poly ending after those chapters. Peoples just wanted to happen but there was no promises. The author never chicken out of a poly ending or was a coward because they probably didn't think about it or even let hints (which ones btw ?).
I never ever said i don't like Polyamory, i just dislike Poly resolution for a Love triangle. I've read some poly doujins and i liked it. Hell, i didn't say anything about the Poly Teachers didn't I ? Trust me that if i really didn't like Poly i would have talk about that.

Yuu%20koito%203
joined Feb 8, 2022

Hmmm im a bit disappointed it didnt go poly like i hoped, like in the vn Curse of Kudan true ending lol. I mean i get why she fell in love with the childhood friend, but it seemed kinda rushed? But it was pleasantly surprising to have an actual kiss in the story haha

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I liked this as a final chapter, I don't see why so many people are trashing it like this. Yes, it did feel like the last few chapters were rushed and I can understand the frustration towards the tired time-skip endings, but I liked how Rinna was handled tbh.

Thinking about it again, I'm not sure how a poly ending would have worked, since Sayo not only didn't show any romantic interest towards Rinna, but also got jealous when Mei hung out with other people. She clearly wanted Mei to herself. Perhaps it could have been done if Sayo and Rinna were given more time, but I guess that wasn't the author's (or the publisher's) intention. I definitely would have preferred if the kiss scene between them hadn't existed at all though... As I've said previously, that is a ridiculous trope and I can only understand its use when it actually helps progress the relationship of the characters involved. Otherwise it's just silly and unnecessary.

The prophesied incest 'arrow' finally made its debut in the last chapter. All's well that ends well.

Idk, I didn't read it like that. I went back to reread chapters 12.1 and 12.2 and it just didn't seem like that to me (or maybe it's because these types of incestuous relationships you see in manga seem completely absurd to me lol). I do have to wonder whether the author intended to hint at that with the panel of the two of them though, because it can be a bit hard to tell with this series...

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

For some reason, even though this was adapted from a novel the story feels so messy and meandering

joined May 29, 2021

Very rarely do I see a promising manga drop the ball so hard and so fast. The manga’s entire premise was dropped for the last arc, without her powers the story became boring and stock. The mangaka clearly had no plan for what do and when the axe came just glazed over everything for a lazy, unsatisfying ending for everyone. Setting aside the obvious poly backdown, even the actual romance was not written in a satisfying way. I’m convinced the people who liked it are more happy they won a meaningless shipping war than actually getting a good story. In any case I won’t be recommending this to anyone. It’s sometimes worse to be utterly mediocre than an outright train wreck.

To reply you must either login or sign up.